Is Win10 stability still bad? Considering trying it on my gaming/dev machine...

Is Win10 stability still bad? Considering trying it on my gaming/dev machine. Any machine of mine that handles personal info is still gonna be GNU/Linux of course.

Attached: 01-simplified-start-layout-1903.jpg (409x428, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-1903
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

everything Jow Forums tells you about windows 10 is a myth. all the “bloat” with windows 10 is removable. if you want full control use ltsc.

Attached: D399AC48-B691-4290-A43F-7C40793F868D.jpg (1920x1080, 260K)

Use msmg toolkit on an enterprise iso(even better if ltsc) for debloating and debotnetting.

Windows 10 is stable since open beta.

>full control
enjoy your h*sts file

builds beyond 1709 have been practically unusable for me, insider builds are very sluggish, I should try clean ltsc again but I don't expect it to be great
there's a lot of comfort features in newer builds, but they all constantly shit the bed while ltsb remains the most usable, skinny and stable

just so you know we're getting the final final 1903 rollout in may

It has a few annoying bugs for me. If it suspends the gpu, it often wakes up with the image split in the middle. Printer has odd bug with some applications that just misprint (different applications so something is f*d with the webprint drivers or something). And a bunch more bugs. Plus they just can't stop adding shit botnet features and my configuration

Can't see why the fuck you'd want to use that for dev. Just make it a gaming console.

>today’s release of the May 2019 Update (Windows 10, version 1903)
it's the most cucked and fucked thing imaginable, and basically a disaster

>installing bloat
i'm not running ltsc, but upgrading to that garbage is crossing the line

Attached: 1903.jpg (988x410, 135K)

windows 10 is very stable but they offsetted that stability by forcing your computer to restart reguarly so you'll frequently come back to your computer restarted or turned off. and disabling windows update requires installing third party utilities

just use linux dude. i never thought i would ever say this but just use linux. its legitimately going to be easier that the headache you're about to walk into

I'm only doing dev as a side thing right now so whatever

it's stable until an update completely breaks your system and/or wipes your files

>and disabling windows update requires installing third party utilities
it doesn't, though

>it's very stable but it's actually not
So it's unstable. OOB unstable, whatever the fuck that is
Restarting daily AND fucking you over by destroying work IS unstable
with last thing you're right, KEEP legacy software on legacy systems, SWITCH to better alternatives, abandon this consumer clusterfuck dumpster fire before ms does this themselves which I won't be surprised to hear about, first finalizing it in enterprise
>crossplatform ie mode
>offloading legacy shitware to cloud
it's basically done

just set updates to manual?

forced updates never happens to me I dunno what the fuck you guys are doing

>dev machine
>windows 10
bait thread

just installed the newest update and now add or remove programs crashes as soon as it opens. nice.

Never had a crash on windows 10

On linux I've had more crashes than I have had ever using windows my entire life, and if things don't crash, they'll often need to be manually restarted, if I didn't know how to restart services in the console I would have to restart my PC.

>Is Win10 stability still bad?
Yes. This is just from their latest update:
docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-1903

It was never bad.
Stop believing Jow Forums's lies.

>Never had a crash on windows 10
Why would someone do this? Just go on the internet and tell lies?

still shitty i3 and 4g ram cant survive that

it can

OP here, Should I install all the bullshit drivers for my proprietary ass Mobo as well?

It's much stable than it was at the earlier versions in 2015-2016

those switches don't do anything, lmao

there's a service called waasmedicsvc that svc.msc won't let you disable manually. it automatically re-starts all of the windows update and telemetry services if they are stopped. if waasmedicsvc it isn't running it artificially prevents you from modifying other system components with the windows GUI so you have to dig into system files and the registry, and also gives you big red warnings in the GUI

i do not know what organization that message refers to sir. but that is perfectly normal sir. i do not know to fix this problem sir, because it is not a problem sir, this message appears on disable of critical windows services

if you are concerned about messgae, sir, please re-enable windows update

Attached: you cant turn these off.png (798x475, 21K)

Here's your (heart)

this.
never had a single problem with win10's stability

>Is Win10 stability still bad?
For what?

neither do they

I haven't had stability problems since XP to be honest. And I even run the prerelease builds sometimes. I'm not saying other people don't have problems but I legitimately don't know what they're doing to encounter them. Install malware?

>filename
But you can see that the buttons are not disabled in the image itself.

Same, I don't want to shill for microshit but I haven't seen a bsod in more than a decade and I manage several windows installations on different machines from family and friends. I have come to the conclusion that people who have problems are low IQ brainlets that don't know how to manage their machines, and it makes sense if you consider that the average wangblows user on Jow Forums is either a /v/ermin or a pajeet.

I found that as long as I use LTSC it's not too fucked up. I miss 8.1 though. Only OS I had in quite a few years that I found to be nearly completely stable on my system. Not even 7, not shitting you.

Runs like shit on my ThinkPad T520. Installs the wrong wifi and audio drivers so that the sound crackles, only fixed with installing the Windows 7/8 drivers (and then you have to block them from getting updated). Laggy af, just try right clicking on an icon in the taskbar and the menu takes ages to open. Went to Windows 8.1 now and it's so much better and more responsive.

windows 7 or 8.1 is still superior, I switched from 7 to 8.1 recently and it has been great so far.

Jow Forums theme?

it's still pretty bad. you have to go through a good deal of hassle to make it a little less shit (mostly through group policy editor and removing shit base apps via powershell).

i can disable new updates for up to a yr on win pro as of this may update without any third party utilities