Job opportunity and pay

which has better job opportunity and salary?

Java or C#?

Attached: 1541166293723.jpg (1080x1349, 129K)

Java pretty much anywhere.

Not OP but I don't even get this. Isn't Java a dead-end in software thanks to Oracle and only kept around for legacy and cuz it has all the monster frameworks around it like Spring and Hadoop? It is being phased out as much as possible like with LibreOffice. With .NET 5 coming next year and with Core being around already I don't see why Java still dominates.

Attached: 1556127942712.jpg (250x203, 6K)

T H I C C

Now Java, but if MS doesnt fuck up then probably in the future C#

>dumb frogposter doesn't understand inertia

why don't you make an argument and elaborate instead of shitposting like a mongoloid

God, we need the technology to transmit smells through the internet

My bad, this meant to be an answer to this

Attached: 1552479301220.png (926x155, 19K)

Java or C++
Answer me NOW!

dumb frogposter here

I'm seriously asking because I'm missing some crucial elements in the war between JVM and .NET. Everyone goes on about how C# is the superior language and so comfy and how .NET is so elegant with its design + now they're open-source too yet it's always Java which is actually worth learning in these threads as a conclusion. With .NET 5 the whole framework will get on a conceptual feature parity with the JVM that is - write once run everywhere - since Framework and Core will be merged and it'll be first-class everywhere instead of just Windows. I understand the inertia but that only justifies legacy development, not writing completely new software on JVM tech. + there's that whole Oracle vs Google lawsuit thing and I just don't get the appeal of investing into the Java/JVM ecosystem compared to C#/.NET (+ other languages in both ecosystems). Ofc legacy pays well just like COBOL and Fortran dev but in the future? How is Java still relevant other than for legacy? I'm not asking this in a smug way I seriously don't understand.

J A V A T H I C C + +

it's not that hard to change languages. specific jobs matter more than the average overall for the language.

Python>Java>C++
Some seriously high paying jobs will require expert level knowledge in C++ though

I fucking hate this argument. Ofc the language doesn't matter shit. But the whole stdlib and frameworks are completely different and still require learning. + Idiomatic Java is completely different from idiomatic C# since you have features in one which isn't in the other. You can only copy paste shit from one lang into another if you're using pajeet-tier features which are present in C too. Let's just forget about Annotations, Properties and anything which actually helps you avoid spaghetti.

It's from 2017, i don't think it has changed that much.

Attached: Copy-of-top-programming-languages-1.png (1000x1000, 58K)

>Scratch

>tfw you're proficient in C++ and Haskell
Is it over for me?

fuck off with the python meme

c is one of the most highly paid languages. if you're actually great at it you will have no trouble at all. given that you listed haskell though you're probably not that good at either.

Nah don't worry I'm a wizard at C.
I picked up Haskell because I was inspired by a certain genius who codes in that shit.

>2017
surely whatever site made that has made a new version?

for when you want that enterprise grade software

who is this fluid druid

yea I mean I can believe you're a wizard at C, it's just having spent a few years doing haskell I know the very big majority using the language aren't doing anything real with it and aren't actually that good.

Ariel Janeill

>Know Java, javascript and C
>2 of the most solicited languages plus C to backup my shit

Feels good to know i wont be unemployed for a long time

Attached: Your_0a08b3_414281.jpg (347x400, 24K)