Use dwm

Use dwm.

Attached: 1542116141425.jpg (900x900, 57K)

I was about to post this, you beat me user.

new luke smith video?
It's like i don't have to even check my rss feed anymore lol

Or stop being a tard and use best de.

Attached: konqi.jpg (320x320, 22K)

lukesmithers kys

I'll pass, I have sway set up the way I want it and suckless is too incompetent to code tools that are portable even using xwayland.

STOP FUCKING POSTING THIS DISGUSTING FACE YOU FUCKING DEGENERATES I'M FUCKING TIRED OF YOUR STUPIDITY

I'm.

Attached: 20190522113107.png (85x26, 566)

>promote dynamic tiling over manual tiling for ages
>now this faggot switches to dwm
Double-edged sword. On the one hand more people will discover the glory of dynamic tiling. On the other hand they'll be faggots watching Luke Smith.

idk i honesly don't see how it would benefit me
i3 is insanely comfy and it is flexible enough for me.
I don't like the idea of stacks. When i'm opning a new window when i already have another i want the window that is already opened to stay as the master. Because most of the time im opening just a terminal for some small command, i don't need half the screen for that

There's patches to alter that behavior.

>dynamic tiling
lel, it would be easier if he wrote pleb on his head

No, I'll stick with Openbox.

>Openbox
fucking BASED

MIHI·OBTEMPERA
NOLI·VTI·DWM·NAM·NIMIVM·TVRGIDVS·EST

herbstluft is better

Attached: 1558366694731.png (1325x818, 129K)

if anyone is near this person kick them in the nuts for me

luke smith only browses r/Jow Forums

Eat a buffet of dicks. dwm user are elitist faggots, they even say in their faq that not having a fucking config is a feature to keep away the plebs.
Use awesome instead

You gotta be shitting me. I was starting to like dwm, and now you have to make it uncool? Go back to i3, please fuck off.

Attached: nail.jpg (1080x1105, 459K)

I do. On Windows 8 I can't turn it off without breaking everything.

Proof that dwm users are in for the coolness factor.

This

This annoying boomer again.

Based and red pilled

these

>t.never used a dynamic wm

Eat shit and die pussy.

found the tranny

convince me

I agree with this. I hope he never switches to OpenBSD, or else I'll have to switch to plan9

i used to use it then i realized that i just ran everything fullscreen

>Proof that dwm users are in for the coolness factor.

the total state of Jow Forums
nobody here really cares about muuh botnet and muuh free software.
Everyone just shills their hipster memefetch and when they manage to convince others they switch to the next meme.

Openbox with Keybindings to make windows occupy ½ or ¼ of the screen is the truly redpilled choice. And to think that I fell for the tiling WM meme in the past.

But I'm already using the desktop window manager, as it is a core component of the Micorosft NT operating system since Windows 7.

I actually did for a while. It was easy to set up and the small set of key combinations was easy to memorize. I've tried many tiling wm's and dwm was the nicest.

Eventually I realized I don't want a tiling wm and now I use blackbox.

Why do you think OpenBox better than a tiling or dynamic window manager? Can you give some examples?

Honestly, I just like how easy it is to use. I install Openbox, obconf and lxappearance and within 5 minutes I have everything set up and can use it comfortably.

No, i'll stick with exwm

>My son can't go on a date with you, Margo.
>Some guy on Youtube told him to use DWM.
>Now he has to translate his colorscheme to a new configuration format.
>He says it's pretty serious work and it could take all night.
>I was asked to cancel all his appointments.
>I'm sorry, dear.

kek

Sane defaults, don't need to fiddle around in config files to get something comfortable. Also integrates well with modern desktop shit; not a fan of suckless and believe the mouse is a useful tool.

fuck you all zoomers.
a real man use fvwm

>I don't like the idea of stacks. When i'm opning a new window when i already have another i want the window that is already opened to stay as the master. Because most of the time im opening just a terminal for some small command, i don't need half the screen for that
If you knew anything about dwm you'd know that can be changed.

>no Janet, daddy can't play catch with you
>he needs to bully nerds on the internet over their technology hobbies
>this is the only work daddy is qualified to do
>no, mcdonald's won't hire me back after the mayonnaise incident
>this is what pays your gender affirming hormone treatments, honey

I was using i3 for a few months but I realized, that most of the tine I only had a single window per desktop and in the rare cases where I actually did have multiple windows open on a single desktop, those windows were arranged in a specific layout that wouldn't change for a few hours (mostly browser on one half of the screen and one or two terminals on the other half).

I can get the same functionality in openbox with just 7 keybindings (ToggleMaximize + MoveResizeTo to the two screen halves and the four corners), but I gain a lot of advantages:
--Most windows that I open just for a few seconds are better if they're in a sstacking layout (e.g. wifi settings, image viewer, terminal if I just want to type a quick command)
--Theming. titlebars in i3 (and other tiling WMs from what I've seen in desktop threads) look like shit. I mainly had the problem that they weren't distinctive enough and blended in with my terminal windows. I know most tiling WM users disable titlebars completely, but I find them practical.
--I don't lose the ability to use the mouse. Sometimes I only have one hand free, so it gets hard to use some keyboard short uts, mainly the ones for moving windows (Super+Shift+hjkl), because my keyboard only has one Super key
--Minimizing windows. Sometimes I want to have a window accessible quickly, but not visible (e.g. music player). I know i3 has the "scratchpad" but that gets ugly if you want to "minimize" multiple windows

I only miss three things from i3:
--The way it was configured. xml is just plain annoying to write.
--Tabbed windows, but I only used it for terminals, so I just installed tabbed from suckless
--The way virtual desltops were handled. Switching to a desktop thay doesn't exist creates it, empty desktops disappear. Openbox's way is kinda shit. All open desktops must be sequential. If you have 4 desktops and close number 2, desktops 3 and 4 become 2 and 3.

xmonad is better

Jow Forums is too low IQ for xmonad

Attached: 1558072401772.png (716x394, 176K)

Check em

bug.n for me