Redpill me on MacOS. Is it worth the trouble to install on a non-mac machine? Is it actually worth using...

Redpill me on MacOS. Is it worth the trouble to install on a non-mac machine? Is it actually worth using? Better than Windows? Linux?

Attached: macOS-Sierra-10.12-on-VirtualBox-1024x768.png (1024x768, 851K)

If you're a normie that doesn't play video games, and you enjoy paying hundreds of dollars for the programs that justify its existence, AND you actually have the ability to use said programs, then yes. Also, if you're 100% sure you're a brainlet OSX probably does the best job of gating you from sensitive settings/files.

Its a fucking headache and if you dont play games just use fucking Linux

No to all.

>Is it worth the trouble to install on a non-mac machine
izi af on modern desktop intel chipset
>Is it actually worth using
yes
>Better than Windows? Linux?
yes

Hackintosh is a mess, also I really hated it how Apple tries its best to hide away anything dumb users would be confused by. ToyOS.

Great if you have an actual Mac and everything just werks. Hackintosh is still fucking trash where you have to tinker with everything to get it barely working

>tinker with everything to get it barely working
Linux experience(TM)

It's shit. It's the Windows 10 Home of Unixes

My experience with hackintosh made it feel like Gentoo was easier to maintain.

>Redpill me on MacOS.
It's alright I guess. I hackintoshed for fun and I don't know why I bother keeping it. I'm just too lazy to install something else over it.
>Is it worth the trouble to install on a non-mac machine?
No, not really. Unless you're dead set on using MacOS, in which case a hackintosh makes more sense than buying Apple's garbage hardware.
>Is it actually worth using?
It doesn't do anything that other systems can't do the same or better.
>Better than Windows?
Anything is better than Windows.
>Linux?
No, Linux with KDE is better.

Hackintoshing may have been hard like 10 years ago but not anymore.

Not at all. Linux just works now. If you say otherwise you haven't used it.

Attached: 20190522_140313-1.jpg (2089x2394, 3.44M)

low iq specimen

If you run it on intel hardware and bare metal and are willing to cherry pick some components, then yes, it is absolutely worth it.

I even got one with WiFi working (scavenged WiFi card from a dead iMac) at my old work place.

I work with an "actual Mac". It's dogshit. It's buggy, slow, unreliable and unintuitive. It's the worst option on the market

If you want to try MacOS without buying all of their hardware- go for it. Or, at least, get yourself a VM with this OS.
It's a very niche product and you might find it not fit for your very own self.

Macos is so shit, even Apple refuses to use it.

Attached: 1555658197738.jpg (1023x800, 116K)

I've always wanted to put Windows on a Mac

yes. it's the best OS desu

no. it will inevitably break every month.

It's a walled garden and redpills kill brain cells.

>it will inevitably break every month.
update kexts > update and it will never break.
unless your initial configuration is copied from some pajeet and not done by yourself.

Probably not

Yes

>Better than Windows?
Definitively

>Linux?
For desktop/laptop, yes.

>macos is a walled garden
Shit Jow Forums says that they don't understand - the thread

MacOS is a mixture of BSD and ancient GNU software around XNU, pissed and shat on, and packaged in a walled garden.
It is in no way any better than Windows.
But don't boycott it; have a heart for BSD developers who would lose their reason to live.

>ancient GNU software
If it's not broke, don't fix it, you can have your cucked license.

>Redpill me on MacOS. Is it worth the trouble to install on a non-mac machine?
I have no idea about non-apple machine but macos is nothing special. You could get used to using it but I don't think its worth it and there's alot of little quirks that are just annoying or badly designed. Check out some mac support forums, warning full of soulless shills.

It's only going to keep declining and milk fanboys. Linux and windblows are the only relevant oses.

Apple will be switching to ARM sooner rather than later.
Hackintosh if you want to have a great OS for a few years, and then be forced to move back to *nix (or buy a real Mac).

Attached: 1558553762339.jpg (600x550, 63K)

>how Apple tries its best to hide away anything dumb users would be confused by
You're thinking of Windows. Apple barely hides anything. Anyone who knows what they're doing can find /Library and ~/Library for example. You're also given a proper terminal emulator and root access by default.

They kept supporting PPC for a long ass time, x86 will stick around for a good while even if they do make a change to ARM.

>Hackintosh if you want to have a great OS for a few years
at least 7 years

That's true I suppose. If Apple moves to ARM though they'll be designing their own CPUs, so it's inevitable at this point you'd have to buy a Mac if you wanted to keep using MacOS.