/fag/ — Friendly Android General

ITT: Android app recommendations, general questions and help.

*** This is a friendly thread: Do not recommended spyware/malware. ***

// Where can I get Free, Libre and Open Source apps?
f-droid.org
droid-break.info

// How can I check if an app is spyware?
>Exodus app
f-droid.org/en/packages/org.eu.exodus_privacy.exodusprivacy/
>Exodus web service
exodus-privacy.eu.org
>Aurora Store
has Exodus built in f-droid.org/en/packages/com.aurora.store/
>Yalp Store
has Exodus built in f-droid.org/en/packages/com.github.yeriomin.yalpstore/

// Shill section (Must haves and other awesomeness):
>NetGuard
Firewall and Ad-Blocker for rootlets.
github.com/M66B/NetGuard/blob/master/ADBLOCKING.md
>Clover
Internet's hate machine on Android.
F-Droid: f-droid.org/app/org.floens.chan
Dev builds: build.floens.org/builds/Clover-dev-latest.apk
>Dashchan
Russia's Clover; FLOSS like Clover,, comes with different features.
github.com/Mishiranu/Dashchan/
>NewPipe
YouTube minus Google API; download shit and/or listen in background or popup mode.

// News section (New apps you should check out):
>Aurora Store
FLOSS play store like Yalp plus eye candy f-droid.org/app/com.aurora.store

Attached: 1558552534330.png (768x768, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pretty well made OP text. Didn't know about droid-break either, so thanks for informing me of that.

Does anyone know if there's a way to do rootless adblocking if I already use a VPN connection? As far as I know there isn't any other method, but it's possible I missed something.

Don't link to Floen's shitty Clover app, AdamantCheese is working on a better version here: github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba

based, redpilled and FOSS

what's the difference between foens and cheese??

Without root you're pretty much cucked to use a VPN based solution for a single app. The only way I can think of is using a VPN proxy, enabled in netguard, while using netguard's host blocking thingy for adblocking. It works for orbot, but no idea if it also works for your VPN app.

thank you for recommendations my fellow AdamantCheese

That's unfortunate. I can root, but I'd prefer not to just to minimize the vulnerabilities of my device.

>/fag/
stop stealing the friendly apple geneal initials

Click the link and go to the releases page.
You'll see the fixes, features and upcoming features that make the difference.

Should be
>/fang/

I cannot express in words how much fdroid fucking sucks, but at least it's GNU/FREE-AS-IN-FREEDOM-LIBRE/OpenRC/Linux

Oh that's pretty cool

Why does it suck? It certainly is rough around the edges, but it works alright for the most part.

Don't make me post it

Attached: 1553691397773.jpg (673x673, 43K)

I'd rather deal with some bugs some fellow hackers will fix than with some botnet that rapes my ass and nobody can fix anything through.

Is there any particular reason to pick Adguard over Blokada?

Not that I know of.
Blokada's default hosts worked better for me tho.

Reminder that AnySoftKeyboard just got swype mode!

And it sucks. Granted, it's still beta. Would be cool if they keep working on it.

Does newpipe ever actually work? I think i had it going for a whole day once before google broke the api again.

It only broke a few weeks ago for like two days. It's been working perfectly fine for me since they pushed out the update.

its been bugging out lately, errors and not playing videos in any mode, you have to try again and again and it will play. Sometimes popup does not work - you have to go fullscreen to get the video to play and then revert back to popup. Google is mangling something

NewPipe doesn't use the Google API, so every time youtube changes something, NewPipe has to fix it and the used has to update. If you regularly update your apps, there shouldn't be a problem.

Wow, Clover is SO GOOD. I installed it a week or 2 ago and I LOVE FLOENS. Fuck he is such a cutie, I want to bear his children. How can someone be so thick, solid and yummy

It's much better now after the latest update, just tried it myself.

Fuck off floens, i added a site and now i cant delete it