/spg/ - Smartphone General

Cases, Lots of Cases Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

previous thread

Attached: HAMEINUO-John-Wick-cover-phone-case-for-Oneplus-one-plus-5T-5-3-3t-2-X.jpg (1000x1000, 286K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fxtec.com/pro1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: bug-phone.png (721x577, 408K)

No
I only buy Samsung Note phones. Nothing else will do.

Zenfone 6 or Note 9 exynos? I know the Zenfone is better in all aspects but I love the Note 9, I always have.

Then get the note. Why would you waste a post with a dumb question. And waste a post with a dumb reply.

zenfone 6.

But it has half the battery life compared to a 5000mah SD855 near stock android bloat free phone.

>Zenfone is better in all aspects but I love the Note 9

He/You knows that, but he is a retard

Of course I'm getting the Zenfone, I'm just coping here because I lusted after the Note 9 for months waiting for a mega price drop in August when the Note 10 comes out but then they released the Zenfone 6 and it just shits on everything else.

>True to form, Asus releases bootloader unlock tool and kernel source code for ZenFone 6, setting the flagship up for a thriving modding community even before its official release.

>The bootloader unlock tool weighs 753KB in size whereas the kernel source code weighs around 165MB. With these, you can install a custom ROM on your ZenFone 6, or can develop one yourself.

>The Taiwanese tech giant, known for its transparency and openness to the modding community, has been releasing kernel source codes and bootloader unlock tools for all of its flagship phones since 2011.

You are functionally retarded if you go for an OP7 at this point.

Attached: ASUS-Zenfone-6-live-image-c.png (1920x1080, 2.2M)

How do you know you love the note 9 if you don't already have one?
Just pick whichever you'll use more, the stylus, or a camera that you can manually control the movement of using an on screen slider.

user, why root? I cant for the life of me see a reason to do so in the year of our Lord 2019. There are non root alternatives

I dont care about PajeetOS though.

Just got the OP7 Pro. Are there particular cases that are good to use that offer good protection? Been looking at flip ones but they all look similar.
Also are glass screens that are curved decent or a waste of time?

Because you can freeze or uninstall default applications that way, so they're not eating up system resources.

Nah bro, no way I'm settling for anything without OIS, you no?

hosts file ad blocking + freezing system aps

ADB and dns 666?

>not as good as adaway

I'm looking for a replacement for my V20 which I drunkenly left in a NYC cab 2 weeks ago. Tried tracking it to no avail and have given up. The phone I've owned the longest so pretty pissed at meself.

I'm in a $200-$400 budget and have been looking at the Moto G7, G7 Power, or Pixel 3a..

Any other recommendations for a proper V20 replacement???

No chinkshit please.

Explain. I see no ads w/dns666

The same reason I expect to have root privileges on my computer. If you can't do whatever you want with your phone, you don't actually own it.

V35 of eBay

>filters all traffic through a VPN interface
You are a fucking retard if you think that's 1) as effective as AdAway and 2) not just another (((AdBlock))).

Thanks for the explanation captain kangaroo. Care to try again with a few facts?

Alright, what cant be done without root privs man? Adblock? Done. Youtube prime? Done. Remove default apps? Done. Been there done all that root crap. What am i missing?

>let me connect my phone to the pc everytime i want to do shit
You are pathetic and lazy. Two years ago you wouldn't even dare posting in this thread. Really shows how far /spg/ has declined.

What is the best 16:9 phone on the market?

I forgot
Less than 300$

iptables

Need a phone/device hat is
>cheap (>100 used)
>android (or gnu/linux)
>light/small enough to be worn in a wasteband (iPhone 5s is good size)
>has slide out, landscape qwerty keyboard
>maximum screen real estate given the above restrictions (bezelless would be great)

And a last weird one:
>has volume buttons in a spot that is acc3ssible while in landscape mode
This is so I can use them as modifier keys while in landscape mode.

One more note: i just need wifi capabilities, not cell service. Any tips or advice on where else to ask/look?

>5s size
>keyboard
>bezel free
>where else to look?
fantasy land.

Shit os and no 90hz, what asus is doing with releasing tools for the community is great but overall asus is cancer. I'll be getting the op7p.

>shit os
It's basically stock Android now
>no 90hz
90hz is a meme and completely unnecessary on a phone.

:(

But user theres so many phones out there, nome of them are like this? The nokia n9000 gets close. Pls help i havent had a phone in years. Real bummed blackberry is failing me here

Call me a brainlet but can I use the apple usb-c to 3.5mm on the OP7P?

Samsung galaxy a3 2017 or Sony xperia xz compact

asus is literally who. 1+ has the best software/update frequency outside of Google itself. Asus doesn't even get official lineage. Expecting thriving aftermarket development even remotely comparable to 1+ is functionally retarded

Looking for Mrs slavfag, a phone with good camera (better than redmi note 5) and >4.5" screen for max $250. Further specs/looks are not really important as she only uses it for calling and making photos. Any tips?

No slide out landscape keyboards on these

so what's up with the standard 1+ shipping is it FedEx ground? Where are they shipping from?

the cases oneplus makes are really nice. Expensive but really nice texture and clean looking. Apparently the carbon one is made with actual kevlar.

Samefag, really might have to diy this with a pi zero terminal iguess

Should I even be eyeing off the Nokia 8.1 or is it a mistake?

Been looking to replace my phone for quite some time now, and have been eyeing the Zenfone 6 or even Pixel 3a - just want a decent phone with a nice screen and camera. My boss however is getting rid of his near mint Pixel 3 XL and asked just a couple of hundred bucks for it. Should I take it? Not crazy about the notch and battery life, but price feels too good to pass up?

Attached: b1897cbf-88df-44aa-bc7d-c4955ff56e56..jpg (500x500, 62K)

Redmi note 7/pro
You can get 64/6 pocophone
Just install gcam

If its 200-300$
Sure why not, you can always resell it for the same money

note 9 ofc

been looking to upgrade from the 6s+ and i was looking at the S9
is the S9 worth? what other options are there for me?

Pathetic? Yeah. Lazy? When I want to be. Wow user just wow son, fantastic rebuttals all around. Shit I nearly forgot school is out. And why do i need to connect my phone to my pc every time i want to do something? One and done baby you might not be that good, git gud, comes with age and knowledge. Both of those you seem to lack

I guess user heres your (you).

Attached: 1459005993960.gif (240x180, 433K)

If you're willing to take a risk of preordering, fxtec.com/pro1/
but it's not out yet and expensive.
There's a few older devices out there with keyboards but you really need to just forget about bezels if you're looking at those.
And I hope you don't expect to be able to use the volume buttons like shoulder buttons while typing, keyboard phones have never been made like that.

Hey thanks for the advice! I'm gonna go with the redmi note 7 as she does not care for specs because she only does calls and photos with it and the 3/32 note 7 is around $150 cheaper than the pocophone 6/64

But boy are they both ugly with those notches :D

the design looks quite nice imho. S835, Adreno 540 , FHD+ AMOLED, 6/128, 3.5mm headphone jack

>€649.00 ex shipping
>tiny 3200 mAh
>low 8MP/5MP/12MP

ohnothanksbye

Attached: fxtecpro[1].png (1105x852, 109K)

Should I buy the 1+6T for $550 or double down and get a 1+7 ? I'm mostly want a new phone to play my mobage at high settings.

WHATS THE BEST 16:9 PHONE FOR LESS THAN 400$ REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
ANSWER ME PLS

redmi note 4x

>redmi note 4x
>no 5G
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>I hope you don't expect to be able to use the volume buttons like shoulder buttons while typing
This was the idea, yeah. Though I assumed the demand would not be met.

And as for the phone, shame there's nothing cheaper. Perhaps I'll wait and buy a used Pro1.

should i wait for the zenfone 6, should i buy a chinkplus or should i buy an old lg flagship like a v30, the quad dac seems nice to have

I like my OnePlus, you can get a discount if you're a student too.

How close can I get to replicating this look with a raspberry pi? Its not feasible, right?

Not in the same form factor. You'd end up with Jow Forums: the phone, in other words a brick.

Metal phones were the peak of design fuck glass on heavily used electronics.

Just get a case bruh

This is what you'd end up with. And that's going to extremes.

Attached: hgterm_01.jpg (667x500, 71K)

polycarbonate was peak design. Doesn't shatter, doesn't interfere with signal, very light, and cheap. More durable than aluminum (which is one of the softest metals, very easy to dent/scratch). Most metals interfere with signal hence why aluminum was popular.

Polycarbonate phones in 2010-2012 were peak performance. But all the reviewers complained about them feeling cheap and not premium.

THEN WHY THE FUCK USE GLASS IF YOU HAVE TO USE A FUCKING CASE

Wireless charging.
That's literally the reason why we can't have metal phones anymore.

Wireless charging, better reception?

Ceramic is better.

Isn't that more fragile than glass?

No?

What is freeze?

Is that a question? Or are you an 11 year phone-posting old girl?

How are renewed phones on amazon? Seller has like a 93 percent positive rating but more than a few reviews were saying it wasn't actually unlocked

Sorry I assumed someone posting in a smartphone general on a technology board in 2019 is aware of ceramic as a textile and it's use in tech.

No it's not more fragile than glass.

Are there any good quality wired type c earbuds?

Anything on the same par as Mi 9, but more vanilla Android??

I bought a Google Pixel 128GB, thoughts?

I'm due for an upgrade on my current phone plan with Rogers (Canada) and have the choice between an S10 or iPhone X. I don't trust a lot of websites comparing the two so I thought I'd ask jere.
I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to features but I like medium to small sized phones (currently have a Pixel 2 XL and it's a little cumbersome and awkward to work with) with high screen:body ratios. Fast processing and a good camera would be nice too.

Attached: 1516497688614.jpg (1280x1707, 549K)

Easily the S10 unless you meant iPhone XR or XS

Is the XR actually better than the X? I assumed it was worse. The XR is also an option for me but the XS is out of my price range.

awful decision. wtf were you thinking?

Who cares about muh turbo fast updates, Asus phones get updates every month just like OnePlus. It's absolutely usable.

5g on an outdated aspect ratio? Suck my ass. Very few phones support 5g.

how?

Incel.
It's time to man up and get the Zenfone 6. Just man up, you'll love a big phone. I too used to own a small phone but then I got redpilled.

the X and XR are very similar but I'd personally go with the XR as it is newer than the X. The S10 and XR both have big screens, I'd compare them on phonearena to your current phone to see just how big they are

mainly the decision comes down to if you are more of an android or iOS person

Does anyone know how good is the pocophone's build quality? I really like the fact it has a snapdragon 745[spoiler] so i can play call of duty on it [/spoiler]

Fucked that one up but whatever

Brainlet here, bought a mate 20 a few months ago. Please explain how fucked the phone is and will possibly happen in the future

google has made an agreement with huawei that they will provide security/software updates for the next 90 days. after that period youre stuck with whats android version is on your device and can enjoy no more updates/patches/releases

If I buy a Razer 2, how fucked am I?

Whats with all these spoiler tagging summer denizens?

>be me in 2016
>buy iphone 6 at really cheap price thinking it was new
>everything's ok
>be 2019, want to sell iphone
>was bored and decided to check IMEI on my country blacklisted website.
>my IMEI is blacklisted and says it's stolen
>test it with other sim cards and it gives "No service"
>It only gives service to one single sim card, not even others from the same company.
>All this time i never knew
Damn it's like im cursed with this cellphone

you must use t-mobile.

Is OP7pro worth getting over the zenfone 6 solely for the display?

If you really want a 90hz screen then yes. Personally I think its curved screen is ugly.

It currently has the best looking display on the market AND a 90hz refresh rate so yes.