github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts

High quality video output profile (goes into mpv.conf):

profile=gpu-hq

Configuration Files:
mpv.io/manual/master/#configuration-files
mpv.io/manual/master/#files

Input.conf:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/input.conf

Post your system specs and config if you're asking performance related questions.

Windows Builds:
Stable: mpv.srsfckn.biz/
Git: sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/

Attached: AsemanOS_MPV.png (1366x768, 974K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/thread/S69957207#p69993617
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/2685#issuecomment-488121034
gist.github.com/igv/a015fc885d5c22e6891820ad89555637#gistcomment-2910943
gist.github.com/igv/36508af3ffc84410fe39761d6969be10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Friendly reminder that other scalers than bilinear are a meme

It's ok, user. You don't have to be ashamed to own a toaster.

i own your mother redditor

You're either blind or have a shit display
at least use profile=gpu-hq

Attached: 1558140975554.jpg (512x432, 111K)

>80 open pull requests
At least one got merged a couple of days ago.

So im using xbuntu with an Nvidia card. The linux config file defaults to mesa, but that's the amd open drivers right? What should I be using for my config file with Nvidia on gnu/linux?

By default, nvidia cards use the nouveau drivers which are FOSS and literally reversed engineered. The upside is that they play nicely with kernel APIs and all that. The downside is that performance is pretty trash. You can install nvidia's proprietary drivers for better performance, but then you have to deal with some of their NIH bullshit.

>the Jow Forumsreatest media player
Then where are the file/directory context menu items for windows like a real media player (MPC) would have and why aren't they included out of the box?

>inb4 mpv.net autist

It's an autist, one way or the other.

This is another level

I am running Nvidias proprietary drivers. I am asking about the MPV config file, you know the subject of the fucking thread.

Leave it empty or add the single line in the OP. When you want to change something, check the manual. Don't copy someone else's config, at least not without understanding what the options do.
>The linux config file defaults to mesa
What do you mean?

You said "defaults to mesa" you dumbfuck which made me think you were talking about drivers.

enjoy your memes my friend i have a gf who i'm about to fuck enjoying life not like others

>being this faggot

Sorry, I don't speak retard. Try that again in English.

why would you need menus when you have keybinds

in order to seek without keyframes i'm supposed to do something with this:
--hr-seek=yes
but what?

Put that line in mpv.conf. Configuration files don't need the leading dashes.

Why is mpv's jpg screenshot output so fucking awful?

>SEETHING

>jpg

>not taking screenshots in webp

>jpg
>webp

>awful
In what way?

I'd like to take a moment to say thank you to the mpv devs

Attached: Screenshot 2019-05-23 at 01.44.31.png (1440x900, 2.16M)

>MacOS
>mpv bloated GUI
>Wu-Tang Clan

get out of this board

Hi, I've been using CCCP codec pack (MPC-HC is packaged within) for over a decade but only recently notice that development has ceased years ago. Are there any one-size-fits-all codec packs that offer the same experience and are still maintained? I used K-lite codec before CCCP and there were issues that came up recurrently which made it very frustrating to use.

After last updates of Krig is this still a thing or just dont werks, test it you guys I'm not a nerd warosu.org/g/thread/S69957207#p69993617

wtf get off 4channel dad

get rekt son

>warosu.org/g/thread/S69957207#p69993617
also interested

t. pajeet
only thing I dislike is the position of the seek bar. put it at the bottom.

nigger, there's no fucking need for codecs with mpv. also, you're a dumb fuck for using Winshit in 2019.
GTFO and stay out.

>someone tested this shit aside of that mongoloid posting screenshots?
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/2685#issuecomment-488121034

is a bait

Did you change the default JPEG output quality?
Also it's usually better to use PNG for your initial screenshot. You can always convert it to JPEG later on.

Since when the same retards we see here decided to annoy based igv on his github? Is embarrasing disturbing a dev like that in his own home.

>gist.github.com/igv/a015fc885d5c22e6891820ad89555637#gistcomment-2910943

>Comfy patrician thread

poor igv

yes

video gets distorted when i drag it.

windows 10

is there a fix?

>distorted
That shouldn't happen. Can you show an example?

nvm it appears its windows

**GPU**: Nvidia GeForce 920M
**Driver Version**: 430.14
**CUDA**: 10.2
**Config**: `hwdec=vdpau`
Error below and How to fix that, bro?
```
cplayer: (+) Video --vid=1 (*) (h264 1920x1080 30.000fps)
cplayer: (+) Audio --aid=1 (*) 'DASH audio' (aac 2ch 44100Hz) (external)
vo/gpu/cuda-nvdec: cu->cuGLGetDevices(&device_count, &display_dev, 1, CU_GL_DEVICE_LIST_ALL) failed -> CUDA_ERROR_INVALID_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT: invalid OpenGL or DirectX context
vo/gpu/cuda-nvdec: cu->cuCtxPopCurrent(&dummy) failed -> CUDA_ERROR_INVALID_CONTEXT: invalid device context
cplayer: AO: [pulse] 44100Hz stereo 2ch float
cplayer: VO: [gpu] 1920x1080 yuv420p
```

Is it possible to make mpv show an image from your choice whenever you run it?

Which downscaler is the best? I have modern video card so GPU usage is not a problem.

dscale=ewa_robidouxsharp

he said the best, not the worst, retard

Mitchell + SSIM.

can someone explain to me, without memeing, why this shitware is better than vlc

it takes some time to read the manual and setup the config for your needs
but once it's set, it's light-years better than vlc

Start by turning off hwdec.

gist.github.com/igv/36508af3ffc84410fe39761d6969be10

Better default quality, minimal interface, less likely to produce corrupted playback, heavily extensible via scripts, better streaming capabilities, ...
That being said, VLC is definitely the better choice for normalfags (although I'd recommend MPC-HC over VLC for them).

Getting real tired of this question every fucking thread.

>81 open pull requests

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEB!

Attached: 3443.png (621x701, 447K)

is there a command to automatically update mpv?

something like
C:\Program Files\mpv> mpv.exe --update

lol use a real os kid

shinchiro's build comes with a .bat to update. Use the scheduler or something to run it automatically.

Windows is a real OS. I also use GNU/Linux.
thanks

>Windows is a real OS
kek

Why is it not.

Explain your rationale. I'll be grabbing popcorn meanwhile.

I am too retarded to get upscaling to work. I wanna use ravu-r4 hook vulkan.

This is my mpv.conf with ravu-r4.hook in the same dir:
gpu-api=vulkan
profile=gpu-hq
fbo-format=rgba16f
glsl-shaders="~~/ravu-r4.hook"
no-border

>vulkan
>fbo-format=rgba16f
Try fbo-format=rgba16hf.

No change. Still thank you and me retarded

What happens or doesn't happen? Does it show up among the timings? Is the path and name correct? Try just glsl-shader=~~/ravu-r4.hook

What resolution is the video and what resolution is your display? By default doublers won't work if the scaling ratio is less than I think 1.4

I use a 1920x1080 monitor setup and the video is in 1280x720. I also get '[vo/gpu] unreg formaf rgbw16hf ' error(short version)
I have gpu-api and fbo-fromat comented out

>1920x1080 monitor setup and the video is in 1280x720
This is your first problem. I'm not sure about ravu itself, but doublers need a certain upscaling ratio to kick in. FSRCNNX needs at least 1.4. You can check the ratio you're upscaling by on the first stats page. You can edit the shaders to kick in sooner.

You also need the correct ravu for vulkan as well as the fbo-format, I believe. Make sure mpv is up to date, and try the open-gl ravu to test, or some other shader.

I also have FSRCNNX ready and will try it with a 480p video. I used the correct Ravu. Well I atleast hope

Tried FSRCNNX 8041 with only gph-hq on the 480 p video. Nothing.

based on your config, ravu should be in the same folder as the mpv exec, not the config. also, from what I understand, fbo-format=rbga16f/hf is no longer needed on newer mpv builds, even with the windows builds

I give a full path though so taht shouldnt be the problem. Also I am using loonix. Manjaro because I just cant he bothered to set everything up. Got mpv 0.29.1-6

can you show me what your folder structure looks like with where ravu/fsrncnnx is located as well as your config contents? cuz it should work. I haven't tested additional shaders on my linux machine cuz its a toaster but it works perfectly fine on windows

>82 open pull requests

Not a screenshit because torrenting with Vpn I cant be bithered to disable

Attached: 20190523_231903.jpg (4608x2592, 2.49M)

Well its late were I love so I ill be back tomorrow

Jesus I am not even drunk

the way you have it set up works fine in windows. let me try it in linux

works fine on my linux machine using the same folder structure albeit in /etc/mpv/ instead which shouldn't matter. you checked if the shader is running using shift+i then 2 right? for fsrcnnx, it requires a 1.4x increase in resolution (I don't know about ravu) so pic related is a 576p video upscaled to 1080p. the list of "user shader: mapping" means fsrcnnx is working

Attached: ss mpv (2019-05-23 at 14.43.36).jpg (1920x1200, 1.71M)

Dont tell me screenshots are not upscaled.

oh is that what you're asking? yep, from what I've encountered, screenshots do not get shaders applied unless you use ctrl+s but ctrl+s is broken on my machine for whatever reason. I screencapped using direct screencapture for that reason

Well then. I think I was just retarded xD. Sorry fr wastinf your time tho

Use ctrl+s to create a scaled screenshot. Shaders apply on any screenshot, but only ctrl+s will create a screenshot in the resolution the video is being presented in. ctrl+s didn't work with vulkan, but libplacebo fixed it.

no worries. glad to help

when did libplacebo fix it? was that very recently because I use lachs0r windows builds which are half a year old. I tried switching to shinchiro builds but for some reason mpv-stats loses the cool graphs which I like

>when did libplacebo fix it
When it was merged in, about a month ago. It however broke the timings for vulkan.

lmfao. I guess I'll just wait for the next stable lachs0r build

I don't mind them, really. I build it myself, the merges are really slow.

why should I bother with this when MPC exists?

Why would you bother with MPC when mpv exists?

Attached: 1428352937454.jpg (900x1200, 1000K)

Perfomance, Best Quality ,Easy to use( for me atleast) and almost everything can be customized

Why should I use this over MPC with K-Lite Mega Codec Pack?
Legitimate question.

performance and customizability. The ability to screenshot with and without subtitles is nice and not having to use LAV splitter is nice too because if subtitles have duplicate same-language tracks or improperly tagged tracks, you can just force a specific track number in the config file

how does the shinchiro updater work? Running it just tells me that mpv is not found but it clearly exists. Allowing it to download mpv then tells me that archive not found

Run the bat that's in the same folder as admin. You need powershell version 3 or higher.