How can you prefer when you can't differentiate?

>muh scarcity of originals
The archive Jew taught you this.

>muh total experience
You can't experience what you can't sense- which is the point of mp3s- it's music for humans, not dogs.

Attached: 1558415754026s.jpg (250x123, 6K)

>this thread
Again.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Attached: rumsfeld.jpg (300x168, 6K)

The debate ended ages ago.
Too bad you could comprehend the finer points.
Try to just move on.

>Too bad you could comprehend the finer points.
mfw g cannot into grammar

Personally I like to increase the same rate of a piece, then upload it for MUH QUALITY idiots to download- they only know how to decide based on file size. It's sad, really.

OFC earlets can't appreciate the finger things in life- just useless end users, probably buy apple products as well.

Hearing the difference now isn't the reason to encode to FLAC. FLAC uses lossless compression, while MP3 is 'lossy'. What this means is that for each year the MP3 sits on your hard drive, it will lose roughly 12kbps, assuming you have SATA - it's about 15kbps on IDE, but only 7kbps on SCSI, due to rotational velocidensity. You don't want to know how much worse it is on CD-ROM or other optical media.

I started collecting MP3s in about 2001, and if I try to play any of the tracks I downloaded back then, even the stuff I grabbed at 320kbps, they just sound like crap. The bass is terrible, the midrange…well don’t get me started. Some of those albums have degraded down to 32 or even 16kbps. FLAC rips from the same period still sound great, even if they weren’t stored correctly, in a cool, dry place. Seriously, stick to FLAC, you may not be able to hear the difference now, but in a year or two, you’ll be glad you did.

Attached: solitaire man.png (185x182, 38K)

how many times are you going to start this thread?

Attached: 1524896280173-g.gif (300x169, 501K)

>Jews want to sell people products
We're all both consumer and producers.

FLAC is for archives, so you can transcode said files to mp3, oog, or whatever.
Nice b8.

Attached: 1536120654540.png (500x480, 166K)

mp3 encoders were not as good in 2001 as they are now, that's why your old mp3s sound like shit retard. also how the hell do you think flacs aren't exempt from this if it happens to cd-roms

mp3 is deprecated and only literal idiots use it. If you're going to listen to lossy audio, at least use opus.

We already had this thread yesterday, so I'll just leave you with this one word:

Nigger.

Attached: 1556318666891.jpg (640x640, 52K)

Attached: 1546554342546.png (1280x960, 871K)

Why try to differentiate when you've already decided the winner beforehand?

>FLAC is for archives
Nice MUH SCARCITY meme, as addressed in OP- seems that MUH QUALITY shills aren't very good at reading- just comparing big numbers- the bigger is better meme

>apple product
BUT WHY

>why make decision based on evidence

bit the pasta, do this bud, its really cool

Attached: 1554407787969.jpg (826x1024, 60K)

>MUH SCARCITY meme, as addressed in OP
>i-it doesn't count! Why? Because I say so!

>scarcity is real in the current era
Back to lefty pol

Unless you can ensure that every piece of obscure music will always be available in its highest possible quality, you can fuck off with your non-arguments.

Yeah then why do you shill mp3, when it got superseeded by aac, and then libopus came along to sweep the scene.
#just use opus bruh;
You can use it at 128-160 kbps with pretty much 100% transparency.
Usually the deal with mp3 vs flac is noticing the flaw in mp3 at random, and it haunts you like a ghost.
user are you using mp3 because it has higher numbers than opus? Why not use a REAL audio format.

Even, if for some reason whenever I grab an mp3 256-320 kbps it always sounds like shit as if people used some ancient mp3 encoders on windows.
People who put mp3s on websites or share them usually have gone through multiple iterations of encoding to higher bitrate like 320kbps from 160kbps etc. allready multiple times.
Whenever I encode to mp3 320kbps and opus 160kbps I literally can't tell it apart, I can tell apart some 320kbps encodes of mine where the encoders gets hearable artifacts.

>The archive Jew taught you this.
user, I bought me new speakers for 75$ grabbed an .flac copy of Cloudlight by Eskmo, couple of years ago, the difference never felt more apparent, 99% of mp3 encodes people upload are garbage, which is exactly why you search for .flac.
Sure it is trivial to make a .flac sound like garbage or disguise an mp3 file in it.
But even then, it is either that people who upload it find the only good versions of mp3s, which allready saves you the hasle, when there's shit ton of them and 99% of them are absolute garbage.Or those are cd-audio/itunes/bandcamp uploads.
Whichever it is I win, because ultimatelly I download more data with mp3s trying to find an encode that doesn't sound like shit/anoy me with artifacts.

>Pinching megabytes in the year two thousand and nineteen
I use flac purely for the peace of mind that I know my music is sounding its best. There's absolutely no reason not to for desktop playback. I use AAC for mobile as space is actually still somewhat constrained there.

Attached: 1558214704789.jpg (600x532, 40K)

Based user, I preffer opus, but I see you are allready based.

opus is good, I've tried it myself, but ultimately decided against using it for now as the compatibility / support just isn't as good yet and AAC is far more mature, so no need to re-re-encode my entire library when opus gets updated in the near future. I likely will be using it in the future, though.

>ensure I can always listen to music that no one else likes
We need a hipster sub

>shilling for mp3
I'm not- I support AAC as well.

So do you have any arguments left or can we wrap this discussion up?

>transcodes
Yes, there are many bad mp3s online, but it's not hard to know when you have a high quality copy.

Why are you SOOO threatened by those who discuss your inane obsession with muh bitrate? Perhaps, as with any hipster, you do care what people think of you- and only like oscure music becasue of this reason...

Not an argument.

>OP keeps spamming FLAC hate threads
>y-you guys sure feel threatened
Seems more like you people have a weird obsession with FLAC and its users. Perhaps you should stop worrying so much about what others do with their disk space and rather start enjoying your music.

>Yes, there are many bad mp3s online, but it's not hard to know when you have a high quality copy.
Yeah, but why should I grab multiple subpar mp3s along the way, if I can go for a flac.

Honestly it is the same reason I go for BDRips of anime, the webdl aren't there yet especially if you watch it on anything that isn't a small smartphone screen.

Cringe, we should use ADPCM, that's what PS1 uses and the audio in ps1 is decent, why should we waste cpu time if we can't tell a difference.

>ADPCM
wait am retarded ain't I ps1 also uses raw pcm/wav doesn't it, and some other audio formats.

never gets old

>caring about a few mb when 10 tb hdds are like

Back to pol

I never said that lossless was bad, only that I didn't understand it.

Attached: 299204603dd25daa9ee03064925d03d71bb8a1c45ec884b578e0a0b22ba9d846.gif (300x290, 1.74M)

Maybe cloud storage? Or external hdds, idk.

Cringe.