Why is firefox so shit? I hate chrome, but it loads websites literally trice as fast, I can't justify not using it

Why is firefox so shit? I hate chrome, but it loads websites literally trice as fast, I can't justify not using it.

Attached: bikehelmetwojak.png (403x448, 53K)

Because the devs care more about politics and muh diversity and muh inclusion than making a good browser.

this

use a chromium fork (eg. ungoogled chromium, brave, iridium)

Just don't go to the internet

Whatever will you do will all those extra picoseconds on your hands, botnet boy?

Because Google holds a monopoly over web development now. Every site codes predominantly for Chromium and optimizes as such. Mozilla handles things ever so slightly, and lags behind because Google is developing so much new shit that they can't keep up as fast. Used to be flipped, with Mozilla in charge of most web development shit. Before that, it was Microsoft.

Just the way of evolution, really. That said, using Chrome is still hand delivering your data directly to the big noses in the sand. Same with Firefox these days, but at least you can optionally nullify it in the about:config and firewall rules. Google on the other hand adapts to firewall rules and resets your configuration to get as much data as it can according to your Google Account privacy settings, which in the absence of means consent to full control of your data unless specifically set every so often in the hidden browser settings.

You don't get it mate. It feels like 2005 Internet Explorer.

I literally cannot tell a difference in speed between firefox and chrome. What the fuck are you guys doing?
Protip: use ublock origin in medium mode

Yeah this is how I feel. FF is fast enough for me

Works on my machine

You're doing something wrong, then. The latest stable Firefox works great on my 3 computers.

They've acknowledged how slow they are, especially when they were shilling Quantum. Not only do pages render faster, but the chromium UI is smooth as butter and seems to run completely on its own thread without a ton of mutexes hitching it up constantly.

>They've acknowledged how slow they are, especially when they were shilling Quantum
Yes, and quantum fixed that.
>pages render faster
I agree with this, although the margin is quite small at this point.
>UI is smooth as butter and seems to run completely on its own thread
I was under the impression firefox UI also runs on its own thread. Regardless, I've never experienced any slowdown or sluggishness with the UI of firefox.

Block more Javascript. The fastest code is code that never runs at all. If your browser is slow the solution isn't a faster browser, it's to stop running all the garbage that websites serve these days.

Again, there is literally no noticeable real world difference in speed for me. The UI is also just as snappy for me with firefox as chrome. This has been my experience as well as others I've talked to.

Because the developers hired normie business majors to run a (((foundation))) to pay developers to work or not work on Firefox, them the foundation got way out of hand relative to the developers and now here we are

I remember when everybody on Jow Forums (we used to call it Jow Forums back then) used adblock plus. It was the go to adblocker at the time, but it had the unforunate effect of kicking google-chrome in the nuts so hard it slowed it to a crawl. Yet, all the chrome fanboys swore up and down that chrome was just blazing fast and firefox was unbearably slow in comparison. If ever asked for proofs, they'd post a link to some benchmark that of course was run with no extensions installed.

have sex

with lolis

Attached: 1383982739176.jpg (1023x1536, 368K)

it's especially noticeable on Linux. Thunderbird is insanely bad on Linux for some ungodly reason, it feels like it was designed in the worst way to interact with Xorg.

you can't make me

>it's especially noticeable on Linux.
Not for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I dunno about Thunderbird, but on Linux, webrender and some other things are turned off by default. I've enabled them; they work fine for me and are a good boost in performance.

ikr