Overclocking is P-Perfectly Safe and Effective!

be a long-time ni/g/ger
purchase the following
>MSI Tomahawk B450
>Ryzen 7 2700
>AORUS RX 580
>Scythe Fuma

Go into Ryzen Master.
>1.4v
>4.2Ghz
Passes Stress Test
Go into a video editor. Crash. Black screen of death. RX 580 is blinking like in vid related.
NEVER again. Just buy Intelaviv next time, lads.

Attached: RX580 blinking.webm (1280x720, 2.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bzxn1hS7Nq4
youtube.com/watch?v=YQ8zdprzEjI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>MSI
>1.4V

Attached: 1553555491606.png (586x557, 66K)

That's scary

2.5 Shekels have been deposited to your bank account

>b450
>buying a non-x ryzen
>manually OCing ryzen
If you wasn't such a cheapass you wouldn't have found yourself in this situation

>overclocking ryzen
stupid goyim, you're dumb, don't do that, just let the xfr/pbo do it's job

Thanks for the propaganda brainlet

>msi
>overclocking from ryzen master
>1.4v
>gpu blinks
>just buy intel
2/10 low effort bait

Attached: images (1).png (216x233, 13K)

>implying I would earn more than 1 skekel per post.
Do you think Jews are into giving money away for free?
(you)
If it was for gaymes I certainly would, it does a good job there. I want to speed up my render times.
pic related is how I imagine you

Attached: Annotation 2019-05-22 171335.png (416x630, 488K)

>Passes Stress Test
Proper stress testing includes a number of different workloads and long hours. A single quick test that loads up all the threads to 100% isn't a test at all.

Attached: 657e4f0c1e909d4b1bb5681255ef5a2b.jpg (1024x724, 205K)

what programs do you recommend that I run to give it a proper stress test?

you should just offset the vcore by -100mv and let the xfr/pbo do it's thing

He can't
He bought a non-X Ryzen

Y-cruncher

I paid $220 for a 2700 non-x, so it was worth it. For that money you could barely get a 2600x when it came out.

Besides an assortment of synthetics you like, I recommend testing on whatever you're going to use it for, but turned up to 11. Rendering video is a good test. If you gayme you should test the processor and RAM by playing at very high FPS. Also use something that causes spikes in usage when you're not doing anything intensive (like web browsing or watching a movie) to test stability in scenarios where the processor load fluctuates a lot.

>AORUS RX 580
Did it just spark at the 3rd blink or am I seeing things?

Attached: Annotation 2019-05-23 023642.png (542x373, 91K)

I have been manually messing with the OC and my best multi thread performance is coming at 3.8 Ghz. When I go beyond this, some of the cores start running at lower speeds, like 3.2 Ghz, and I wind up with a lower overall score even though the chip is set to say, 3.9 or 4 GHz on all cores.

Any idea what's going on there?

I've seen that before, pretty sure that's just light bleeding out.

Could be heat causing some cores to fall down compared to others. What's your LLC look like? Also it's well known that AMD with PBO performs better than manual OC most of the time unless you have a top tier motherboard and X series chip where you can REALLY fine tune the settings.

Not sure what LLC means, but I was monitoring the temps with afterburner and they never went above 68C, I could potentially lower that as I had my fan profile set to be quiet rather than coolest possible.

Am I mistaken in saying that PBO only applies to 1 or 2 cores/threads? I know that stock this chip will ramp up to 4.1 Ghz for games no problem. But I want all cores running as high as possible to cut down my render times. I can live with 3.8 but it would be nice to get them higher.

>LLC
Load Line Calibration. It prevents the voltage from boosting or drooping to really low levels (thus instability) or stupid high levels (thus throttling). You said you have your 2700 set to 1.4v, but what is your voltage when you're running under load? And stuff like CPU-Z and Ryzenmaster aren't enough to stress test. At the bare minimum you should be running Cinebench or Prime95 Blend test for 20 minute bursts to test for TRUE stability. If it can thermally pass Prime95 without failing or downclocking you have a stable CPU. For all you know your CPU is boosting to 1.55v+ just to maintain clock because your motherboard is in charge of providing voltage level and they always over compensate. For reference my Asus ROG Crosshair VI tries to give me R7-1700X 1.45v to maintain 3.9GHz all core where as if I do it manually, I get 3.9GHz with 1.32v and strict LLC. Your motherboard isn't exactly top tier.

You only overclock on X mobos and processors. If you had used a 470X and a 2700X youdve been fine, but you tried to overclock with parts not intended to do so.

Maybe if you had listened to literally every source INCLUDING AMD, all of whom said "anything over 1.35V is going to have a large impact on your processor's life"

Jesus christ you fucking idiots. Couldn't just settle for 4.0 GHz at 1.35V, you had to get that extra 200MHz for what? So your CPU could die in 6 weeks rather than 40 years?

Attached: 1530763180958.jpg (1156x796, 100K)

Thanks for the advice, and yeah I'll admit I bought the mobo on a recommendation before I knew much about them. Next build I think I will go for the 570 series.

If the chips could safely run faster the burn-in engineers would adjust the Shmoo plots and bring them up a speed bin or create a new one if already at the top. Running a program for a day to compute a bunch of digits of pi or whatever does not remotely approach the low level tests and physically inspection that happens during production.

>overclock at levels that exceed the maximum voltage that the chip can officially handle
>throw a tantrum when stuff breaks
Gee, I wonder who is the idiot here.
Just get a console you fucking retard.

>>MSI Tomahawk B450
>>Ryzen 7 2700
.4v
.2Ghz
You are doing it so wrong.
Why pstate overclocking on Ryzen CPUs isn't worth the effort: youtube.com/watch?v=bzxn1hS7Nq4
How to overclock it right: youtube.com/watch?v=YQ8zdprzEjI

>Me not quoting correctly

I have a B motherboard and a non-X 1700 and I overclocked mine just fine. It's at 3.7ghz

>b450
>1.4v
>msi
bruh you are posting cringe! you will lose follower

>overclocking
>perfectly safe
whoever told you that is a fucking retard
and so are you for ignoring all the warnings you had to dismiss to perform the overclocking

>free speed lol
>wonder why they don't just come overclocked, haha

>ryzen

well theres your problem. substandard poorfag cpu isnt for overclocking.
get intel, the whites man choice for cpu

>ryzen on gaming machine
Enjoy your input lag.

>its perfectly safe
>from 1.3 v
>he cranks it in step of 0.1 instead of 0.0125
>fucks everything up
>blames amd for his stupidity

>not underclocking for a 30w silent cpu at 3.5ghz

source?

Attached: tomsintelmerchant.png (500x500, 70K)

Nothing wrong with msi, they have the best hardware unlike cheap asus

>Prime95 for true stability
You can literally pass in P95 yet BSOD with a simple video game

>overclocking on a B450
>overvolting like a maniac
>not overclocking from the BIOS

Attached: 1553392372644.png (311x278, 152K)

Inb4 all the AMD shills claiming 4.2ghz all core on ryzen was common place.

It's 1.45V my dude

>1.4v
>B450
Yes you are a long time nigger

I recommend that you read fucking tutorial before doing stupid shit like putting 1.8v on a fucking b450 motherboard and then blame it ont he hardware and not your own moronism. Hint the better tutorials, you should read more than 1, will also give you a hint of what programs to use for stability and benchmarks.

NOW YOU DID IT KID.
DIE DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: girlredeyes.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

I'm running this shit for like 5 years with 0 issues
Still waiting for it to burn so I can upgrade

Attached: file.png (279x274, 19K)

1.27 vcore for 5 GHz is a great overclock for an Ivy chip

>t. 1.27 vcore @ 4.5 GHz i7-3770K

But overclocking was never safe, user.

Gold sample, holy shit.