HOA has wifi ban

>mfw the HOA I just moved into is run by nutters that have banned fucking wifi
Not a fucking peep about this shit from the landlord before I signed the lease. When the schizo HOA president left a notice in my door about this shit I thought it was a joke but then I got an actual fine in my mailbox. This seems beyond the pale even by HOA horror story standards.

Attached: 1554423586383.jpg (567x567, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fcc.gov/media/over-air-reception-devices-rule
youtube.com/watch?v=foot2J0Ucpo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Have you tried not broadcasting your SSID?

That's what I'm doing now.So far I haven't drawn the attention of the schizo squad again but I'm still stuck with this bullshit $100 fee

yea, nah, you're a cunt. Should have read the contract. Also
>EVER moving somewhere with a HOA
Fucking really? Do you ENJOY being cucked? Own land or no land. Fuck that shit. Bunch of old Boomers with nothing to do but browse facebook for fake news (thus banned WiFi) and interfere in someone else's life.

Get a lawyer.

Proof?

The FCC has ruled HOAs cannot ban TV antennas, so you may be able to challenge this.
fcc.gov/media/over-air-reception-devices-rule

this is what porch monkeys actually believe

Fairly certain this would not be legal. You can hide your ssid

Kill yourself, you colossal fucking retard.

how is that a slur? what's wrong with using your porch?
I mean it's kinda awkward with the neighbors right there but if you have it you should use it, that's my logic

Tell them to eat shit and get a lawyer. And maybe next time you sign a contract, fucking read it you retard.

Shut up gookmouth fuckface. I bought this fucking house and you can't force me to sign shit.

>don't want to live under the thumb of some cucked HOA
>MUST BE A NIGGER
It's OK. I'll enjoy my 25 acres with private gun range, detached garage, and home gym. Enjoy your HOA.

HOA cannot legally do that.

>how is that a slur?
It's not, we took it back.

how did they even know it was you, retard?

You've never seen how niggers use their porches. I drove through a ghetto on my way to work fir a few years and saw everything from knife fights to childbirth happening on their porches

you had sign to buy retard

shitting up the neighborhood is nigger behavior

>shitting up the neighborhood is nigger behavior
what's there to shit up? My nearest neighbor is almost a mile away. I do what I want when I want, no one tells me what to do with my house and property on my land. Lol must suck to suck. If you sincerely think everyone who doesn't live in some bullshit subrubia HOA having totalitarian neighborhood is a nigger, you're a sad and delusional person.

>fcc.gov/media/over-air-reception-devices-rule
Print this, show it to them, tell them to go fuck themselves. Make it clear that any further communication about this matter is unwelcome and constitutes harrassing.
Or get some actual legal advice instead of deciding what to do from this shit website.

>based boomer HOA
they just looking after your health user. Get a roll of Cat5, leave some hanging out the windows for optics and keep your SSID hidden. And see if you can find a telco to rent your roof for a G5 mast. That'll teach 'em

>My nearest neighbor is almost a mile away. I do what I want when I want, no one tells me what to do with my house and property on my land.
This is the only sane, human way to live, really.

Go to your neighbors and get them to sign a petition. Everyone will. Nobody wants to be without wifi in this age. When getting signatures, ask if they been fined. If they have, tell them to not pay the fine. Present the petition with shitloads of signatures at the next board meeting, and request the rule and any outstanding fines be dropped. If they don't agree, request mediation and talk out exactly why the wifi is banned. Bring evidence that wifi is harmless. Bring evidence that cell signals are more intense, and tell them that without wifi people will just use their cell service more.
If they're still total fucking schizos, sue the HOA. Present the same petition and case you presented in mediation to a judge. Hire a lawyer, collect money from the petition signers to pay for it.
Don't ever capitulate to stupid cunt HOAs run by tiny tyrants. And go to your fucking board meetings.

it's comfy. I grew up always being around people, never a break, always 10+ people within 30 feet AT ALL TIMES. Being able to get away from people is such a luxury that people truly underestimate. But at the same time, I'm only 25 minutes from a nearby town with restaurants and shopping centers.

>Moving anywhere with a HOA
>Letting random mentally retarded civvies which most likely don't have the same morality or culture as you have even more power over you
Living in a democracy that makes laws regarding social issues is bad enough, and you just went and made it worse for yourself. Good job OP.

depends on the neighbors - the ban probably exists for a reason, and I doubt most pf them either want or need wifi. And guaranteed to be some esoterics who will Make It An Issue, vehemently so

>moving into a place that HOA
holy fuck you're on another level of stupid

Attached: 1501717627267.png (128x128, 25K)

>the ban probably exists for a reason
nothing HOAs ever do ever has a good reason. 100% of it is because they're meddlesome busybodies.

This.

>HOA
lmao cuck

WiFi radio waves damages your health. Just Google the picture of the plant that grows away from the WiFi dish.

>Starting a war with insane HOA's

not worth. if they are willing to go psycho over something like wifi OP is better off trying to to just get the fuck out of there if at all possible. HOA's run like authoritarian regimes can ruin your sanity. I feel raelly bad for OP if they just bought their new house.

How are HOAs even a thing? Do you even buy the home? It sounds like you just rent it.

You know what else is in that direction? Dark. Plants don't like growing into dark corners where there's little light.

Attached: 9hjjgwwlf3j21.jpg (3024x4032, 1.08M)

>plant that grows away from the WiFi dish
or, they don't grow at all
>feel raelly bad for OP
dont - first thing you check. he didn't check the dangers at all

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 107K)

can't you fix this by just turning the pot around every few days?

lmao some dumbfuck didn't read any of the paperwork or even ask about a HOA before signing himself into a binding contract and now he wants to bitch on Jow Forums about it like that'll do anything

Also it's next to a hot box that is giving off heat.

Fucking boomer fake news...

Post the clause in the HOA agreement, surely you had a copy to review before signing your lease?

You do "buy it" in the sense that you have a mortgage and not rent. However the HOA determines what you do, which is why I could NEVER understand why someone would voluntarily buy into such a place. you don't get a discount on the house if there's an HOA. So you're paying premium for the house AND have to deal with HOA. It's for everything too.

Car is dirty but you're bone tired from working? They'll complain saying your dirty car sitting in YOUR dirty driveway is making the neighborhood look bad

Want lawn decorations or Xmas lights? Better consult the HOA to make sure they think it fits the aesthetic of the neighborhood.

Want to have a party? Better consult the HOA to make sure you're not stepping on any toes or breaking regulations.

Grass too long? Here's a fine.

None of this is satire. My buddy sold a house within 2 months when he moved into an HOA having neighborhood thinking all the stories were lies.

You can make a contract for basically anything in the US. That's all an HOA is, a bunch of retards who got a bunch of other retards to put the authority of the HOA in their house deed.

The plant is trying to optimize for that direction. If you rotate it frequently, it will just do poorly on all sides.

The children who did that didn't control for environmental factors in the slightest. Putting it under the 'curious, and in need of replication with environmental and other factors controlled' heading.

I have never understood HOAs either. "Here, let this group of uneducated boomers have control over many aspects of your private life, and unlike the government they're actually nosy about it, and care about even more minute and random shit."

HOAs keep the nogs out

HOA's are one of those things that were made with good intentions but just get abused by people who are desperate for some measure of authority in their lives. When they are used to simply ensure people take care of their homes so the neighborhood looks nice and no one has a piece of shit front yard bring down the value of everyone else house, it's good. Just having stuff like keeping gardens tidy, mowing lawns etc.

It's up to homebuyers to research this before buying the house. But that doesn't mean you're safe, HOA's councils are voted in by the community who know what could happen when a bunch of boomer fucks with nothing to do in retirement decided to band together and take over.

line the walls with tin foil

if they see and ask wtf explain that you're worried about rogue wifi signals

so does owning your own land and being a decent shot.
yup. When I was land/house hunting, I can't tell you the number of places that seemed absolutely perfect but when I sat down to read the paperwork, if HOA was mentioned, I'd leave. Lol I've left real estate agents and HOA heads standing their mouth hanging open because we were 99% done with the purchase only for me to nope the fuck out.

Ended up just buying a fat plot of land for $50k-ish. Nothing there except a foundation, power, and sewer lines had been run by the previous owner. Had a brand new house built for me. Fuck everyone.

The idea on paper is that if someone is an actual asshole neighbor that actively makes living in your neighborhood hell (while not actually doing anything illegal), you can just keep draining their bank account until they cut their losses and leave.
Unfortunately in practice all you get are narcissists and control freaks trying to play politics just to make themselves feel better about their pathetically empty lives.

Other anons had it right, the only way to live is to own enough land to need binoculars to see your neighbor.

>good intentions
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. And you hit it right on the nose. People who have no authority in their real life have a tendency to love governing HOA's because it makes them feel important. And Boomers are a plague on the rest of us that cannot die off soon enough.

>not putting your router is a Router Guard

Enjoy your cancer

Attached: router-guard_grande.jpg (600x600, 46K)

Normal HOAs only bother you if you don't cut your grass, have trash on your lawn like a broken down car, or do shit that annoys or could kill your neighbors like running cnc machine at night or having an apiary where theres a bunch of people allergic to bees.

My HOA isn't retarded. I didn't cut my lawn for all of spring last year, so they sent me a warning letter that gave me 4 weeks to cut it and if I don't they'll fine me ~$40 to hire someone to cut it for me.

Are you getting a signal from it? Then the cage isn't doing shit? No? Then why don't you just turn off the router?

Thing is most shit that they could do to make your life hell is illegal now. I'm having trouble thinking of something they could do legally at least.

>guest visits home
>"so do you need a usb-c or lightning > cat5 cable?"

Attached: 513wBY2S9tL.jpg (283x500, 33K)

>My HOA doesn't fuck me entirely, only a little bit
I like a nicely cut lawn like anyone, but defending the ability for someone else to send you a fine/hire someone else to cut your lawn if you don't is pathetic. It's my fucking property. Get the fuck off my lawn or I'll put you under it.

A Wifi Router Guard is an extraordinarily wonderful solution. The reason I say that is because it blocks 90% to 95% of the RF Radiation emitted by a WiFi router, and somehow the WiFi still works. Obviously by far the safest solution would be hard wire internet through your whole house so you can plug your laptop in where every you need to. But if you cannot do that, a WiFi Router guard is a great alternative.

In the below video a meter is used to test how much RF Radiation is emitted from a 5 GHz router. Then it is put inside a WiFi Router Guard and tested again. Please
take a couple minutes to watch this video and see for yourself how well it reduces the RF Radiation.
youtube.com/watch?v=foot2J0Ucpo

They can still do it, even if they know you'll win in court they can still make you go to court and fight. They can just be a constant pain in your ass.

This has to be fake. I live in a condo with a cool HOA that could give two fucks about anything. And the irony is they usually let you know what is in the lease. The only time it's shit is when you move into an area with a fountain or a lake. Then they add 450$ extra which is absolute bullshit.

My parents used to live in a place where the HOA was pretty retarded, but fortunately also in a place where their decisions didn't have the force of law. Or any force at all other than social pressure, really. Every year the president of the HOA would run into my mom out for a walk or something and passive-aggressively remind her that our household hadn't paid our HOA dues for like a decade, and my mom would tell her to her face that the HOA was a worthless waste of time that did nothing beyond running an easter-egg hunt in the spring and a few barbecues in the summer, neither of which she was interested in. The HOA bitch would get huffy and walk off.

>$68.95
been better off with Wallet Guard

>the only way to live is to own enough land to need binoculars to see your neighbor
Every day that passes I'm more convinced that this is truly the best way to live, but I'm too much of a pussy to live on a desolated place with no one to talk or ask for help if something bad happens.

Just keep writing "lmao blow me" on the fine notices and sending them back. What are they going to do?

I think the aspect of flipping and selling works easier on Condos and renting it out does as well vs buying a house. On top of that townhouses are much much worse overall and its more restrictive.

uncut lawn is probably one of the most benign things. If you at least take care of your house wouldn't you be pissed if the person next door had a garden untouched for years with a shitheap car on bricks etc? A HOA giving someone a year before asking nicely to cut their lawn is a HOA being reasonable desu.

>a fountain or a lake
>Then they add 450$ extra
wut

Does your signal strength and range drop by 90-95%? No? Then it's not doing what the seller claims. You are being scammed.

No? Why would I care? They live their life how I want, I live mine how I want.

take you to court, make you penniless and have the house repo'd, usually. OP agreed to all that shit, ded by his own hand

because a person living in a crackden next door brings down the value of your own home massively. if you can't see a problem with that then I assume you live in a crack den too.

>no one to talk
Invite some friends over once or twice a week, get a gf/pets, or room with family that you like. If you don't have any of those, then how is your current situation any different?
>or ask for help if something bad happens.
That's what the shotguns, panic room, and air raid sirens are for, user. Plus you can't imagine all the spooky stories you're missing out on that come from living in bum fuck egypt, it's great.

>Move into a condo that overlooks a small lake area and a fountain.
>Add in 300-450$ extra on top of HOA for fucking "upkeep" purposes.
Basically its really really retarded. The area I am in is low taxes, low HOA prices and we have people who are required to cut the grass, clean up the area, a pool etc. I got it for a steal on the housing crisis. It was 160k on it's highest during the crisis it was 32k. Right now it's 134k in value if I sell it off.

I don't agree with the commodification of housing, and even if I did the impact is pretty negligible in my country (less than 5% of house value). No one cares here.

With both the WiFi Router Guard and the aluminum screen, my son does all his homework on his laptop as well as watching videos on YouTube and Netflix. About twice a week his reception will slow down enough where he will come into my office and just pull the aluminum screen off from covering the WiFi Router Guard. With that one adjustment he his internet is back up to speed and he can finish his video or whatever. He never even asks me to open the WiFi Router Guard. He doesn’t need to. He gets enough WiFi to function just fine.

There is one other exception to this. Some times when I am using my laptop clear at the opposite end of the house (the farthest point away from the router) my internet will slow down (usually I am watching news with my wife in the evening on my laptop because my son and his friends are using all of the televisions) and so I will actually remove the aluminum screen and open the WiFi Router Guard because the reception will be a bit weak. We plan on building a new home in a little over a year, so I haven’t wanted to spend the money to hard wire internet to that part of the house. If I was going to stay here I would.

Residential real estate as a store of value is pants on head retarded. Property taxes mean you never really own it anyways.

Here is what you do with that fine. Burn it.

Oops never got it. What are they going to do? Spend several hundred to take you to small claims court where you could probably just stiff them again.

Now sell them some metal insignia nonsense to protect them from radio waves like those stupid magnetic ones that don't do fuck all for their arthritis either.

Thank you Randal.

>gf/pets
>Not a gf that is a pet
One job, user.

Ooga Booga

Attached: images.jpg (235x214, 7K)

nah. There's a huge difference between having long grass, and having a rusted out shit bucket of a car sitting on your lawn. They're no mutually exclusive. And having garbage on the property like that is usually against state law anyway because of environmental stuff. (i.e. is the car leaking oil into the ground, etc) so it's taken care of regardless. But just like giving liberals a single inch on gun laws who then take it a mile, HOA's do the same thing. Let them dictate your grass, then they start looking for where else they can boss you around.

fuck HOA's.

>the value of your own home massively.
THIS, this crap is the root evil that fucked up the housing market entirely and encourages anal obsession with 'house prices' and justifies all manner of BS like HOAs. Houses are for living in, making them 'investments' has fucked everyone over more than any other single issue I can think of
this

Cutting grass regularly reduces the spread of weeds, crabgrass, and pests which can cause a lot of damage. When I had rats I found that their entry point was a hole they dug between bricks in the back of my house where I'm extra lazy about cutting.
At least the fine isn't going into some boomer's wallet, unless he owns the landscaping company.

>That's what the shotguns, panic room, and air raid sirens are for, user
Imagine having some kind of accident where you can't move and then no one can hear you screaming for help.
That concerns me the most rather than nogs trying to get in.

WiFi Radiation is an electromagnetic radiation. It is just a higher frequency form of Radio Frequency (RF) Radiation, (radio waves) closer to the microwave range. The higher the frequency, the more dangerous this radiation is to living things. If you notice on the chart below when you get to really high frequency you get to things like X-Rays and Gamma Rays. WiFi or RF Radiation was listed a couple of years ago as a “possible carcinogen”, meaning cancer causing by the World Health Organization.

There are hundreds of studies that show the harmful biological affect that WiFi Radiation has on living things.

Don't they make old people necklaces for that exact situation?

I'm not against cutting grass. I find it calming to mow my lawn. It's the principle that some random cocksucker who I've never met in my life it gonna pin a fine to my door and tell me what to do and If I don't comply, he's going to invite strangers onto my lawn to cut it for me. Who the fuck are you? I know this is all contractual, which is why I would never live in an HOA run neighborhood. Ever. That said, I keep my lawn nice and tidy as I too prefer things nice and neat. But if my neighbor 1 mile away who I only see in passing once a month wants to have grass as tall as his house, who am I to judge? Not my property, not my problem. If it isn't hurting me or anyone else, let them be.

>tfw only time i've lived somewhere with HOA they were relatively cool and only gave me shit when i tried to throw out a bunch of lightbulbs
>HOA meetings often had beer

yeah, yeah, we get it. funny meme, bro. you can stop now.

Except it isn't a gradient of danger. Either a wave has enough power to break the bonds in molecules, or it does not. Ultraviolet and up do. Visible light and down do not. All this stuff is well below visible light. If it was a gradient like you said, a 60W bulb would be many times more dangerous than a wifi router since its light is both higher frequency radiation and far higher intensity.

yes but user does have a point. Being willing to live entirely alone and secluded means being willing to take things into your own hands. The nearest doctor/hospital to me is almost 30 minutes away. It would take the ambulance 20 minutes speeding like mad cunts to get to me, then another 20 back assuming we don't crash. If I severely hurt myself, I need to know how to stem the blood flow or splint my own shit so I don't die before they can get to me. Working under a car is when I'm especially careful. Don't want to misplace the jacks and die from the car falling on me.

Take them to court arguing wireless is free speech.

Stop working under cars

U sound crazy as fuck T phd

>Not trying to fund robot sex dolls that have AI and can take care of you
Come on now.

Attached: MG_5567_large.jpg (480x480, 22K)

>1 mile away
that's a completely different situation than normal suburbs with a house every 30 feet you dumb redneck

Don't pay the fine. Problem solved.

This

Are you a Boomer user? It's awfully suspicious that you talk about radiation and cancer in the way you do.

>stop working under cars
"no". However I do have a proper power lift now so no more jack stands. Worse thing that would happen is the car falls off the fucking lift but I'd have plenty of time to get away.
must suck to suck. Suburbs are the little dingle berries stuck to the ass of cities.

>His wifi cage only has a single slot

haha pleb

Attached: 1551741298053.jpg (466x440, 36K)

I can understand that. Having space to live and do as I please just makes it instantly worth it for me, though.

Most people have heard that the radiation from cell phones is dangerous and can cause cancer. WiFi radiation from a WiFi router is the same kind of radiation but it is a lot stronger. And it is emitted continuously 24/7 through our homes and offices. A cell phone generally only sends out its stronger radiation when it is sending or receiving a call, not just when it is on. A WiFi Router emits at full power constantly whenever it is on.