Is it ok to spend 3000 dollars on gaming laptop ?

is it ok to spend 3000 dollars on gaming laptop ?

pic related

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cYsNQF20b5I&t=205s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Some people will think it's ok, others would laugh at you (me).

It's not okay to buy a laptop. Period. kys

>I literally don't know what to do with money / my life

wtf, go for sales and year-old products, not brand-new-just-released stuff. Even if you're "hardcore gamer" you can make a pretty powerful pc with 15000 if you build it yourself. Laptops are a scam.

why would you even NEED to carry your gaming experience? If you need a laptop get a laptop and if you want a gaming pc build a gaming pc.

You're just throwing money away.

>lenovo laptop

have bun with your rootkit

God damn, I meant $1,500* is more than enough, not 15,000.

can you give a reason?
ps: i live in a dorm with some douchebags so i can't bring a desktop

i had to buy a laptop because of this

Your example for a budget PC that's "pretty powerful" is $1,500 fucking dollars? is this bait?

I wish Lenovo used the IBM name. It would be so much more bad ass

Laptop haters either don't have a job, that requires a computer or don't travel

No reason to spend more than 1.2k on a gaming laptop, and no more than 2k if you fall for the thin and light meme.

i think i should add this too
it comes with:

>(Intel® Core™ i7-8750H Processor 6 Core (9M Cache, 2.2GHz up to 4.1GHz
>"15.6 FHD (1920 x 1080), 72% color gamut, NVIDIA® G-SYNC, Dolby Vision-enabled, 144 Hz, up to 500 nits
>NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6
>16GB DDR4
>1TB 7200RPM
>512GB M.2 SSD PCIe NVMe

For that price, I would wait a bit for 9th gen CPU, no?

It's not that, it's just that many people's use-case don't need any of that. Do you really need to do your microsoft word school assignments in a Starbucks on a $2000 dollar macbook? or even a $700 consumer laptop? It's foolish to try to buy status in that way.

Besides, if you have a job they'll pay for the laptop for you.

Laptops and phones have become the replacement for the desktop due to reasons I can't fathom.

>pay 3k so your laptop can look like a fag bar
at least they know their demographic

Im a freelance programmer and I'm going to be traveling overseas for a few years. I'm going to buy a ThinkPad for about $3k with warranty and what not. I guess my use case isn't very widespread and I agree that not everyone needs this, but it's still incredibly convenient for many.
(Im not OP)

>15.6 FHD (1920 x 1080), 72% color gamut
Ahahaha nigger what's this, late 2000's?
I had a fuck old macbook from 2009 with higher res than that, why would someone get a "premium" laptop with worse resolution than a low mid end chink phone?

Higher res = lower battery life. Why anyone needs beyond 1920x1080 is beyond me, but I've never used a higher resolution.

idk dude i was waiting for a long time

>LEGION :DDD
Expecto patronum etcetc

>thousands for something that has an extremely limited span of time in which its even considered powerful

no

You think the screen is the main battery drain in that behemoth? That shit's movable not portable, probably gets 1hour battery life while gaming, it's practically tied to the desk and the wall plug like a desktop.

Plus there are tons of hidpi laptops with >8hour battery life, it's not an argument.
>but I've never used a higher resolution.
After you use one, there's no going back. I guess you already use one on your phone. Imagine if I handed you a 480x320 phone.

Yeah, sure, while gaming the battery is gonna drain. But when doing light work and web browsing, 4k makes a big difference on battery life.
>Plus there are tons of hidpi laptops with >8hour battery life
With an 8th gen i7 and dgpu? Pls link

/csg/

>With an 8th gen i7 and dgpu?
Of course not. Which was my point.

Explain T480

>live with douchebags
>buy 3k laptop
>douechebags steal and sells 3k laptop

cool story

They're douchebags, not niggers

Rate my gaming ultrabook, Jow Forums!

Attached: speccy.png (821x587, 39K)

I travel every week, and I've been thinking of getting a good laptop, gaming would be nice. What should I get?

Attached: 1532572339148.jpg (1024x769, 95K)

>LED heatsink

Attached: 1446953346863.gif (500x328, 872K)

unironically new razer. it has great cooling and screen.

youtube.com/watch?v=cYsNQF20b5I&t=205s

Razer has shit QC, I wouldn't bother

>That price
Anything with a good price/performance rate? Below 1000 USD perhaps?

Attached: 1518308131462.gif (300x245, 2.49M)

>3000$
>fucking 1080p display
>only an rtx 2080

what the fuck lenovo.

For the same price you could have a 9900k/2080ti rig. Enjoy getting ripped off. (You're getting ripped off anyway)

HP Omen?

dell g5, g7. lenovo y530. stay away from asus and acer. you can buy a laptop with six core cpu and gtx 1060 for that price.

>2019
>games

Don't buy it unless it has the option to disable nvidia optimus or permanently enable the nvidia card in bios settings.
As a senpai I'd now buy a light laptop and a good pc instead though.

id rather get a fucking 3k macbook, than spend 500+ on a "gaming" laptop

go ahead
then you send it to me and I'll help you install stuff, trust me bro

Thank you, I'll check on amazon later. Is W10 usable after all these years or should I stick with windows 7?

Gaming laptops tend to really fall behind in just a couple of years and most can't be upgraded at all.
There are some with socketed desktop CPUs and desktop graphics on them though.

Razer blade is the only good gaming laptop

Nice GPU bottleneck ;^)

this, got a 2015 razer blade with a 6700 and 1060 6gb, this laptop will last me for years and it was only 1200 bucks CAD

>gaming
>laptop
choose one

yes, if you are styx and get the money for it through donations...

if you earn your own money, then no...