Microsoft drops Huawei laptops from its store

Hahaha

When is MateBook X Pro going on a firesale so I can buy it for $80 and put Ubuntu on it?

techradar.com/news/microsoft-drops-huawei-laptops-from-its-store

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 10.43.33 PM.png (636x891, 322K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xiZFCDe1AJo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you can buy it on some chink website on the deep web for that much

Was the only place to buy them in Australia

No retailer touched them

Why's it cheap there?

stolen

Yeah, that's a great way to lose $80

I wanted one of these with a ryzen chip maybe they'll get cheap now.

Is it safe to order from there? should i get it shipped to a po box

Windows without the forced updates bricking your system and deleting your files?
Guess I'll buy a Huawei Notebook now

>price plummets
>buy maxed out model for like $300
>install comfy linux distro
>???
>profit

>safe to buy from someone who stole the goods
And you probably expect Amazon tier return policy

These make decent hackintosh laptops last time I checked.

post tor link fgt

>tfw just paid 1200 USD for this

Attached: Screenshot_20190523-181729_Gmail.jpg (1080x2280, 471K)

Return it dumb shit.

>Microsoft blocks updates for huawei
Will Huawei laptops suddenly become greatest windows machines?

Why? The shit's gonna become premium.

aliexpress is hardly deep web

>Buying chink shit
Buy dell xps or thinkpad

Had a look at xps, was way more expensive and only had 8gb of ram, an i5 and a 1080p screen and 256gb SSD. The X1 carbon was like double the price as well.

I bought this after the Huawei ban, was actually waiting for 2019 model to hit but now doubt that's coming.

I'm going to be installing arch Linux and exclusively using it for coding/web browsing

Just get a used one off of ebay.

Hell, for $1300 you could get an old 2015 macbook pro $600 and still have walking around money.

How would MS block updates exactly?

They'll just ban any keys assigned to huawei I bet.As for drivers, no idea.

They can't. The only issues their going to have are hardware related but if they switch to AMD and slap FreeDOS on it, they're golden. It's the phone division that's shitting bricks...

>Chinese companies switch to Linux
>Linux finally becomes a mainstream OS
Based Trump

>almost $1900 + most likely CC international fee
>no warranty
>takes 3 weeks to get here
>have to buy AU USB C charger
>trackpad rattle

Wait, wasn't that the obvious consequence of them being forced to by government orders?

You are sort-of making it sound like everyone is merely joining in because they agree, but they actually have to, right? Even if you had a store you'd have to, right?

AMD is also an American company.

>thinks MS has no way of knowing it's a Huawei
>MS is the one that sold them OS keys
>signed software be revoked or look for a newer one for updates before installing

>$1900
Compared to $2600 on the former Microsoft store. Also I used my cc with good FX rates
>No warranty
I get the basic consumer protections and I don't really care about extended warranty
>3 weeks to get there
Breh I payed 40 USD for express FedEx
>Have to buy a Power adapter
Lmao don't care.
>Trackpad rattle
I'll live. This device was a compromise. I wasn't going to pay 3-4k for a comparable device from Lenovo/dell/apple.

>with good FX rates
Still the usual 3% fee, dollar is shit anyway
>I get the basic consumer protections and I don't really care about extended warranty
After you send it back to the US lmao
>Breh I payed 40 USD for express FedEx
Says the ETA in your pic.., first date is a saturday
>Lmao don't care.
More cost, $60+ retail

Way too many flaws in that device

Attached: trash.jpg (746x800, 113K)

source of picture? what site is that?

yes

nvm found it, it's a reddit page

Matebook pro subreddit, it's stickied so you can see how shit it is

Don't worry though, you can fix the trackpad by literally hammering metal tabs down instead of the paper trick

>3%
Not on my Citibank credit card.
>muh Estimated time
Always overestimate. I have the tracking number and it's already moving. I expect to have it end of next week or at worse week after.
>More cost, $60+ retail
Bro it comes with a power brick, all I need is a US to AU plug adaptor

>Muh problems screenshot
I've seen those and I find them acceptable given it's a premium laptop at half the price.

Every laptop has flaws buddy.

The only annoying thing was having to buy a USB C hub for $50 bucks

>I find them acceptable given it's a premium laptop at half the price.

>Every laptop has flaws buddy.
LOL!

Not premium then fuckhead

Premium != Perfect fuckwit
>Inb4 macfag with a soon to be broken keyboard and shit Linux support.

Post a better laptop for $1900 AUD faggot. I'll wait.

>$1300 for chink laptop
got chink'd bud.

lol @ this back peddling

>has to be BETTER for same price
>no warranty

kek. can't find one. not surprised.

I'm not backpeddling faggot. I wanted to buy a laptop with 16gb of ram, good screen and solid linux compatibility and looks good. the matebook x pro was by far the best option. Comparable options were all 1k+ more. The XPS had a worse cpu, smaller ssd, 1080p screen and cost MORE.

cry all you want about warranty, i'm not a fat mountain dew spilling faggot like you, that's going to break his laptop every month.

post you're current laptop right now faggot so i can laugh at you.

>he XPS had a worse cpu, smaller ssd, 1080p screen
>can't customise dell's
>implying jb doesn't sell the 4k model
>was $2300 like 2 months

Anything Huawei makes will be discontinued because Microsoft won't allow Windows to be installed on that shit.

Same with Android on their phones.

There's no way Huawei is going to install some random Linux distro or even Ubuntu on their "Premium" chink laptops.

I'll buy this shit when it's $50 like the Palm Pre days.

MS is complied to follow U.S. law.

There's an executive order on a ban for any Huawei product.

So Intel, AMD, ARM, Microsoft (the list keeps growing) aren't allowed to do business with them.

MS will most likely blacklist the OEM keys they handed out to Huawei.

>Linux installed on millions of chink laptops
>Laptop stays popular only in China
>No one uses Linux except for China
>Linux user base only increases by 1% from 2%

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=xiZFCDe1AJo
uhh i think regular Jow Forumstard could install it pretty easily.

Do you not know how much people China has?

AMD has some extremely weird involvement with a chink company that lets them skirt the x86 licensing issues, so I guess they could do the same for trade bans

rotfl

Attached: 1545384981465.jpg (640x360, 61K)

They literally can't do that, the ban on doing business with Huawei isn't retroactive, while new activations will surely fail the ones previously done won't

It's a nice laptop tho

Uhh no one uses Ubuntu.

Dell tried that shit, no one bought it and they get so many returns wanting Windows.

The regular dumbass doesn't care about Linux.

The average person in China can't afford $1,500 laptops.

The Huawei laptops are made to be exported, same with their high end phones, idiot.

They probably wont blacklist in use OEM keys, but they will blacklist any future keys.

We're talking about all Chinese laptops you dumb fuck, no Chinese company is going to want to do business with America if they can pull the rug right out from under them instantly because an orange man is upset.

I guess now they will have to make laptops with linux or some android fork.

Chinese companies don’t do business in the USA. It’s mostly American companies using China for cheap manufacturing labor.

Go fuck yourself.

White man, come home.

Attached: windows.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

Based

Like I want Microsoft's lice to get a taste of me anyway. I don't do Microsoft. I use Linux! And Android. And I'm looking forward to degoogled Android from China, hopefully soon.

Attached: iuselinux.png (485x250, 24K)

based

Then why are there more and more Dell laptops that offer ubuntu support? I don't even have to click through some obscure business customer link to find the ubuntu supporting xps 13 or precision lines anymore.

>The shit's gonna become premium.
shills really are retarded huh

Good. Chinese companies that violate sanctions and export controls can remain locked out of western markets then. Maybe Huawei should have thought about the cost and benefits of trading restricted technology to Iranians and they wouldn't be in the same situation ZTE was in.

Man are Huawei products just gonna be the new "cuban cigars" ?

what will they do with the stock that they have in warehouses?

Pretty amazing that microsoft had a chink shit laptop with a naming scheme that is supposed to confuse buyers. Matebook X Pro is something I would expect to find off the streets of china trying to pass itself off as a Macbook Pro

only chinese products aren't particularly good, and you have a wealth of products that are made in countries like vietnam and taiwan.
People treat smoking like a religion. No one's addicted to chink trash, but they are addicted to the price of chink trash, which will soon become unavailable and there's nothing any mafioso can do about it.

they're going to be the new HP Touchpads

I have one AMA. It's a pretty good laptop, I like it a lot.

Mine did have the trackpad rattle, fix was very easy however.

I dont know man, where im from, my entire house (Except the bricks) came from china (even the wooden floor tiles) . They're pretty okay and pretty cheap to maintain too.

Will Huawei become the ultimate hardware manufacturer for freetards?

What the fuck did hauawuawurauwrureuru do?

On wall street, they have a saying that the market is always bullish until the feds kill it.
Your building supplies are cheap simply because the fed allowed it to be cheap, not because there's some inherent quality from Chinese building materials, or even that the Chinese building materials supply chain has any particular inherent advantage over local supply chains.
It's all in the fed.