Has anyone ever in the history of mankind used this and through the circumstance achieved desired effect?

Has anyone ever in the history of mankind used this and through the circumstance achieved desired effect?

Attached: Kensington-lock-connected.jpg (1152x864, 551K)

Attached: 1517380689349.jpg (400x312, 32K)

Used a PowerBook G4 12"? Sure have, it's pretty based.

those milkers, damn

Those tits are designed to have a cock between them

its called photoshop

Attached: its fake.jpg (236x287, 13K)

Yes, Jow Forums proves that people will steal anything that isn't nailed down on a regular basis
Every attractive woman is photoshopped user

I don't even see the point other than to scare customers into buying accessories to protect their expensive device.

NANCY IS NOT PHOTOSHOPPED!

I use one to be able to leave my laptop for the bathroom in the library.

ewww

They're on all the laptops at work because you can't trust the cleaning crew to not steal them.

It doesn't matter if you know noone can steal your shit. You should NEVER, EVER, under any circumstance, leave your machine alone.

There are dozens of ways in which someone with physical access to a machine could easily fuck with you.

Not that guy but that's the reason I use live usb os on my laptop, I can pull it out and carry it with me in case I have to leave the device somewhere.

Kensington lock is based.
Keeps the umbuntus away.

to protect against hackermen

What's the alternative?

99.999% of the population cant and the rest probably dont care about your hentai and garbled code anyway

That only protects you for short periods of time. Won't protect you much if someone steals it

Steals the locked up laptop with bios password or the encrypted system drive that I use to remotely connect to my server?

When I was still in college there was a room of thinkpads (i think they were thinkpads) on lockdown with these things in our library that was used as kind of a classroom. Given this was late 00s-early 10s

Doesn't work. Just use a little force and out can take it out. Just don't tell Jamal.

But this will ruin the machine and you can't sell it on the black market anymore. Maybe only use it for spare parts.

>aluminum unibody
Good luck pulling the lock out of thinkpad rollcage.

>bios
You mean uefi?
Semantics aside this is a pretty good physical security set up. I hope you put as much care into your network security though or all of that physical security is meme shit.

Just cut off the thin wire with wire cutters and pick the lock at home.

Have you tried? What kind of wire cutters have you used?

Calm down Jamal

It's a thin steel wire. Pretty much anything will work.

Cable like that requires something a bit beefier. You'd need to take a break from stealing bicycles to steal that thing, using the same bulky heavy tool.

Imagine being a forcelet

>forcelet
sounds like something from an eyeglass repair kit

>Go to home depot and buy a basic set of bolt cutters
>Bring backpack to conceal cutters
>Go into classroom and cut wire

That wasn't hard at all.

Don't be the low hanging fruit.

The idea is the amount of a scene you would cause to do that would get someone else to maybe call security.

Using an edge grinder to cut a bicycle lock is literally 10 seconds of effort... We're relying on !!THIS BEING A SOCIETY!! that someone stops you(or you stop yourself)

not that guy, but my college had these on the mac minis
they used 4-digit combinations, and were pretty easy to figure out by feel

The one in the OP uses a tube key. They are not all that secure and a lot of times you can use one from something else to unlock tons of them.

Attached: dtkeyr5512_7_1000.jpg (1000x807, 44K)

or a bic pen or rolled up piece of cardboard... They were REALLY more of a social deterant than actual hardcore security.

>Snip

Where do I learn to shoop in reality? Somebody was doing me a fool the other day.

Must be nice not to live in a place where the population isn't half illegal aliens.

My ass it would. Even a pair of side cutters would have minimal trouble going through most of that. It's not like a bike cable. Maybe it's hard if your diet is rich in so¥.

You know how you defeat that? You apply a construction vest to your person and everyone thinks it's your job to remove the property.

Do the needful, pajeet

You can see that it is multi-stranded steel cable. That will just mush flat if you use normal side cutters.