Someone explain the thinkpad meme...

Someone explain the thinkpad meme, I've literally once seen a guy with a thinkpad and he was a theologist writing a master's essay.

Attached: thinkpad.jpg (900x506, 506K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_laptop_brands_and_manufacturers
nsopw.gov/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They aren't a meme?

If you want a laptop sub $300 that has an i5 and upgradable memory, it's a great option.

They're business laptops with good build quality. You can get a refurb with no wear for a fraction of the price with a good warranty. They also have pretty good keyboards.

The only true thinkpad still being Mae are T, P and X series

only 50yo+ academics and/or pedophiles use thinkpads

They're the thinking man's laptop ;^)

my female college algebra teacher uses one

Who gives a shit about i3 i5 etc when you are dealing with at best dual core machines, now without hyper thread

got a source to back up the claim?

Stupid autists on Jow Forums who are poorfags meme over this crap because they can't afford a real laptop. There is a reason why you will see the overwhelming majority on campus, the intelligent, using Macbook Pros. They are the best.

It was a good business laptop when it was owned by IBM.

Now the Chinese own it, so it's just another company focused on copying instead of innovating.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_laptop_brands_and_manufacturers

nsopw.gov/

>Great build quality
>Best laptop keyboards
>Inexpensive as hell
>Highly compatible with Linux
>Abundant
>Easy to repair
>Libreboot/Coreboot
Source: got my first ThinkPad, X220, the other day having used a MacBook for about a year

nice. are you an academic and/or a pedophile?

I jack off to cartoons for kids, not cartoons of kids.

Do scientists use thinkpads? I don't want to be seen as a "business person". I want people to think I do research all day long.

When will this meme die? Why get a Mac for 1500 when for the same price I can get a high-end Thinkpad twice as powerful?
They are not as good like in the IBM era but still a far better workstation than a fucking Mac.
Macs are fancy toys for webdevs, designers and normies, face it. No one literate uses Macs for actual high performance work, even Architects evade them because they can't make a fucking rendering job in a timely manner with those trash underclocked CPUs and ass weak GPUs.

you seem rather defensive about your purchase of a $1500 thinkpad

I am neither an academic or a pedophile, I am a weeb though

You can easily get i7 quad cores under 300 what are you on about

Meant for

Apple devices are fashion tech, its what appeals to dumb kids, the same reason i once saw a girl with a louis viutton (idk the spelling) handbag and used that to carry her books in. Even though bags under 50 could carry more and be more useful.

They're cheap to buy used and have great keyboards. They're also sturdier than other laptops and have a pointing stick which is convenient when you work with text.

He is insecure
Although still correct, a brand built on looks will loose to one built on preformance when it comes to actual work

The bright, colorful 16:10 screen is the only good thing about macs, everything else is trash. Trash OS, trash aesthetics, trash keyboard, trash ports, trash performance, trash quality.

It's extremely rare for a weeb not to be a pedofile, you are very lucky but I still would reccoment to watch anime less, just in case

>sub 300$
damn, I own a mac and have been looking for a cheap pc laptop to play around with. Which thinkpad?