9980HK IS A HOUSEFIRE

Check the review here: ultrabookreview.com/27215-asus-rog-g703gx-review/
From the article:
>(((Balance mode))) gives the CPU 90w max
>(((Turbo mode))) allows for 200w
>2 chargers (I wonder why)
> Finally, switching on Turbo mode sets a 47x multiplier, removes the TDP limits and allows the CPU to unleash in all its greatness. Thermal Throttling kicks-in in this case, though, as some of the Cores reach temperatures of 98-100 degrees Celsius, and as a result the CPU dials back to about 4.6 GHz, a TDP of around 180W and scores of 1940+ points.
Hahaha literally a Housefire!!!!

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-23-05-58-56-036_com.brave.browser.png (1080x2280, 904K)

Who even buys this shit anyways? Do people really need a powerhouse to play gayass legends or some other poorly optimized game? I will say, however, that since the laptop has gsync built-in you can at the very least expect no tearing, LFC, the ability to use it in windowed applications with no increase in input lag (useful for when you want to use integer scaling which only works in windowed mode), etc..

Attached: 2g6j4nm1tlp21.jpg (1242x1101, 100K)

>200 fucking watts
>requires 2 (two) power bricks
i would rather remote into a desktop system from a shitty laptop than risk this piece of shit catching fire, exploding the batteries and burning me severely

But given the power consumption and price, a full desktop is a way better choose. This laptop cost around $3500, with that money you can buy a 7950xe and have plenty money for a graphic card, and if you Want something way cheaper a Threadripper 2950X is still better. This laptop makes no sense

>desktop

Attached: 1491151214960.jpg (1200x1586, 692K)

To be fair games don' really push CPUs 100%.

So if your aren't doing video production or running prime95 you are probably fine.

Isn't one powerbrick rated at 150W

No obviously I'm just pointing out the one good thing about it.

Why not just get a desktop or mini itx at this point? Fuck I hate retarded gamebooks

Still better than pajeets in streets AMDpoors.

Given that power consumption, adding a 2950X to a laptop is plausible. If AMD is smart enough they will release it

Thinking about buying something like this for some casual Web surfing.

>98-100 degrees Celsius
INTEL POZZED HOUSEFIRES

Attached: 1506977173618.jpg (882x758, 324K)

Gamebook or MacBook?

And this is on a laptop with a decently engineered cooling system. Can you imagine the new Macbook 2019 model running at the same speeds? L M A O

Would Jow Forums recommend I get budget gamebook vs a MacBook?

Now that you queers have mentioned it, AMD did release zen+ APUs recently with the 35W H series rumoured to consume a max of 35 watts when all 4 cores are at 100% load at ~3 GHz.

Maybe we'll finally see AMD go balls out and release a 35W 8-core zen 2 mobile chip.

Attached: ZomboDroid 23052019105655.jpg (1896x2149, 504K)

Why get a macbook at all? I mean, please do correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the CEO of apple gay?

When putting a laptop on your lap is likely to cause bodily harm, you should probably just get a desktop.

I know it will be overkill but it will be for mainly for browsing.

Macbooks are terrible. Look for a laptop with a good battery life, good screen and decent temps/cooling.

I looked it up, and he is gay, this changes everything.

Gamebooks do have decent cooling systems and I wouldn't be doing any cpu intensive processes just multimedia, as for portability it would be plugged in for most of the time.

Just get a Chromebook or a cheap ultrabook, then.

I'd rather get a gamebook for the added oomph that it provides when needed, then you also have thinkpads with i7s and the new ones cost near $2k, so an AMD gamebook it is then?

I essentially want a musclebook for Web browsing.

>intel
>housefire
Wow, who would have thought

I'm curious what AMD will bring to the laptop market with zen2.
It certainly looks like it has potential for low power.

Zen 2 APUs are next year

Zen 2 APUs are 2020. 3000 series mobile APUs are already announced and in devices shipping in the next few months. Its just zen+ on 12nm, they claim some battery life improvements but we'll see. Not sure how it's relevant against a product that's been shipping for like 2 months

>Its just zen+
Why do they do that, though?
Why don't they take their low yield chips and clock them to like 3 Ghz?

>removes the TDP limits and allows the CPU to unleash in all its greatness
>200w
>on a notebook
Wow, if the purpose is to get an overheating notebook they should have bought a Mac.

>9980HK is a housefire
b-but that CPU is rated as 45W by Intel!

(((ADVERTISED TDP IS JUST ILLUSTRATIONAL, REAL TDP MIGHT VARY)))

>applel stuffed this into a throttlebook with a 1mm gap near the screen for a cooling vent

Attached: 1538839477922.webm (720x404, 2.97M)

The first zen APUs launched almost a generation after the Zen desktop chips using 2000 series codenames. With zen+ it's a full generational gap.

The desktop chips dont have GPUs and the zen and zen+ die is huge so obviously they're not going to stick a GPU on it and make it even bigger. And for zen 2 the package is still massive and I'm pretty sure we wont see chiplet GPUs any time soon.

BURN TO THE GROUND!BUURN!BUURN!BUURN!WOO!BURN TO THE GROUND!WOO!BURN TO THE GROUND!BURN TO THE GROUND!triformation!BURN TO THE GROUND!BUURN!BUURN!BUURN!BURN WOO!TO THE GROUND!BURN TO THE GROUND!BURN TO THE GROUND!BURN TO THE GROUND!BUURN!

Attached: 000000066402.jpg (650x433, 74K)

Well, that's like, being a year late on purpose.
Maybe they just don't want the laptop market.

Zen was made for server first. AMD made it clear when they kickstarted the project years ago. So mainstream consumer parts arent the focus. Performance desktop and HEDT are downstream of server display so they benefit from speedy launches. But APUs are brand new dies

It's a shame, though, if AMD had the R&D funds, they could do a mobile variant of their chip as it goes.
But next year is certaintly gonna be interesting.

You can max LoL on a Thinkpad with dedicated graphics, a 6650m or greater.

I don't know why so many brainlets build gaming rigs, or buy gaming laptops just to play LoL. The game runs flawlessly on almost anything. Only the client is shit.

Laptop CPU's are about 10-15% less performance than their desktop counterparts.

People still don't understand this in 2019?

LoL is a terrible game and one that doesn't require much in hardware resources. If your laptop can't play stalker at max settings, not including resolution, then it sucks!

>buy gaming laptops just to play LoL
144hz is a really nice feature to have and since gsync has now become mainstream as well as 144hz IPS panels, a lot of people are getting one. Other than that I really cannot see any reason for having a i9 housefire on anyone's lap.

chargers (I wonder why)
BUILD
A
FUCKING
DESKTOP
FUCK
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What possible use case could a laptop that requires two power adapters and weights 14 pounds with both included fulfill that could not be done better by a desktop?