F

F

Attached: Screenshot_20190523-091206.png (1080x1920, 543K)

I can't believe Tux is fucking dead

Fagioli rofl

More and more people realising derivitive distros are shit, god bless, get people closer to the source

While it's not good news my personal opinion is there there are too many distros that are just slight variations of "old" ones.
Just different packages installed out of the box

This.
We already have the top-level Fedora, Debian, Arch, Slackware, OpenSUSE, GuixSD, and Gentoo. Outside of maybe Ubuntu, we don't need all these derivative systems.

Ravioli ravioli why is OP such a fagioli

Haven't read the article, but I bet it was a shit aspie distro with two contributors and eight users, not one of the good ones that people actually use. Linux is too fragmented and losing Linux distros is actually a good thing.

S

>copypasta distro #3746 gets shut down
>OMG LINUX IS DEAD

Attached: 1556994978298.jpg (466x388, 28K)

Can't wait until crypto goes this way.

This is stupid policy even for American. If derivative system is better, then it's what people use. Sounds like a concerted effort to corrall people into SystemD distros. Imagine the scale of the plan to make this happen, the industry is involved and wants your money and personal information it knows you have.

Source mage, closest to source before doing everything by hand

>This time, the operating system is the Arch-based Antergos
Nothing of value will be lost.

what do we do antergobros?

Attached: 1553142576085.png (403x479, 298K)

Install Parabola/Bedrock/Void/Alpine

So antergos got beat by manjaro as the beginner friendly arch derivative

remember when systemd threads were all over Jow Forums? Now there's not a single thread on this subject. What is strange development systemD didn't get any better.

It looks like Jow Forums has became a victim of state sponsored Astroturfing just like it /b/ and Jow Forums

Do like my wife did and just install Arch the day before the news come out.

I suppose same works post mortem as well.

>astroturfing
>not nameless user basement dwellers moving on from one meme to the next
You really have to be delusional if you think that Jow Forums drives the software community in any way shape or form.

Keep using Antergos and cut out the Antergos repos. After a few updates it turns itself into regular Arch anyway.

Good then I'm not delusional, back to the subject SystemD, Antergos used it so fuck it.

Too soon user, I'm still mourning the loss of Commodore OS

Attached: commodore.png (1280x1024, 988K)

same
can I get an amen for my nigga tux?

Attached: ...jpg (680x467, 24K)

This
Saved the sick penguin tho

Attached: Screenshot_20190523-075205_Chrome.jpg (1419x1152, 388K)

>that pic
kek, you /v/tards are delusional

point to the doll where systemd touched you

>betanews.com
>open sauce should worry because retarded downstream distro dies
This will eventually happen to Manjaro and Ubuntu as well, let's pray it happens soon.

Yap. CoC is killing linux.

>beta news
Cuck even self identifies

You damn fucking well know where it touched me. You were there watching you fucking glowing creep

Just install Arch

>one linux distro shuts down
>two other we merges from the deep
Is the circle of life
*Lion King theme audible*

imagine being this butthurt over a system and service manager

arch or void if you're a true patrician

isn't linux gaining in popularity lately? even most normies have a vague understanding of linux at this point.

This...is...CNN...

>Brian Fagioli
top kek

Based Arch & Debian progenitor.

>over botnet and security hole
ftfy

beta news indeed

Attached: fag ravioli.png (99x93, 8K)

This. I wonder if the .iso would still work in some years from now on. It was the only linux installer that did everything 120% right on my machine, way better than Mint and any *buntushit, so it'd be nice to have it around.

Which distribution has shut down?

Attached: 1544209476337.png (676x581, 359K)

We just make a thinking men's choice and go back to based and redpilled Windows 10 LTSC

>Fagioli
>fag
>betanews
>beta

The universe is a beautiful place sometimes.

Antergos (literally who cares)

I'm actually relieved. Distros should have a non-meme goal. "preloaded with openbox and tint2" or whatever is not a valid goal.

This. A bunch of distros out there could be reduced to a pre-install or post-install script that would preconfigure everything but use the resources of the mainstream distro.

isn't Linux just a kernel and every distro is just different combinations of software on top? Like, with enough ricing you could completely make Debian into openSUSE, for example.

>and Ubuntu
nope

openbox is abandonware, get i3

Isn't a computer just a piece of hardware and every operating system just different combinations of software on top? Like, with enough ricing you could completely make a unikernel into Windows 10, for example.

>one marginal distribution dies
>omg this is the end of linux, panic!
proprietaryfags are so pathetic
look at the current state of windows instead

>openbox is abandonware
It's feature complete and bug free, it doesn't need updates

I dunno, hbu?

xorg has changed, ob hasn't

>botnet and security hole
prove it faggot. show me where the botnet and security hole are.
that's right, you can't. you're just spouting a meme you saw earlier and want to keep saying it to seem cool. retard

t. Luke Smith

Attached: 4bfbe852f2d150fe56ce12cc3a398e65c940d261f45301bfa91ae68b56742317.jpg (1791x1062, 517K)

Attached: d65e8640cfede43e.jpg (400x428, 45K)

Kek

You gon develop the kernel my nigga?? Nah, chill

>failing to repurpose abandonware
fucking embarrassing
not like you should be using an arch based distribution anyway. leave and switch to slackware or alpine before you fall victim to cerebral atrophy

This.
I like that I have a wide range of distros to choose from, but at a certain point even that gets stale and it becomes a waste of everyone's time.

Is your wife single?

fucking mandriva is still alive. nothing is dying. antergos was shut down probably because it was pointless, there's already better maintained arch installers.

>betanews
You cant make this shit up

>betanews.com
Beta news for beta males

>Fagioli
Makes sense now
Only a fag would utter such words

underrated comment

kek

Before systemd
>happy pingu
After systemd

Fragmentation will do this. All distros will ultimately fail because autists fork a distro for their own need and never consider the greater repercussions.

Kind of, but not really. The big distros often build kernels specific to the distro. They use different middleware software stacks that might be cloned from upstream, and might be modified for the distro. They do bug fixes and software QA that might not make it back upstream, and if it does will take awhile. And they use extremely different repository systems. Distros like Antergos are literally just glorified install scripts for their parent distro.

That looks like shit.

Attached: systemdisease.png (2400x1300, 1.06M)

Desktop Linux will soon be deprecated when WSL 2 launches.
Windows is, unironically, the best place for Linux development. And "Linux development" is development for containershit, not wasting time getting shit on Linux' broken audio stack, service system, display managers, all the broken window managers, all the broken GUI toolkits and with the broken drivers.

Linux exists for cheap hosting of webshit in the cloud.

>compile something
>three other things break

kek

You'll have to do what only the bravest men dare.
Few succeed, for the danger is too great. Do you dare?

Then you'll have to... follow the Arch Linux installation guide. I know, very difficult.
Or alternatively, just use an arch installer like AUI.

In case you haven't noticed, less working class people are involved with Foss. That should be worrysome.

>and heres why
>and heres what to think
>and people are mad
>and im a faggot
fuck modern 'journalism'

Attached: 1542917317889.png (255x252, 7K)

>fedora
ok
>debian
ok
>arch
pufff, are you seriously?
>opensuse
ok
>GuixSD
are you at least trying?
>gentoo
ok
>ubuntu
ok

kek @ that penguin.

Attached: 1558613752606.png (1080x868, 421K)

>betanews
>that ridiculous title
>Brian Fagioli
>that dead penguin
kekd

Attached: akari_look.jpg (1555x1231, 482K)

about damned time. I wish the people who govern the various flavors of the popular distros would just all band together and make something not shit. There's no reason for 15 flavors of Ubuntu to exist. If they did, something good might actually come of it.

imo we should all stop creating useless distro derivatives that aren't that special (antergos was basically an arch installer, which is fucking stupid as the arch wiki easily tells you how to install it)

the only really relevant distros are debian, ubuntu, fedora, arch and opensuse anyway

I think they're more than enough

>Antergos shuts down shop
>ppl already digging grave for Linux as a whole
Wow what faggots. There's a shit load of distros available and, besides, Ant. was based on Arch. Just switch over to the OG or some other fucking derivative.

amiga fags always lose in the end and it's funny

Natural selection just as Go... Darwin wanted

I distro exist as long as there are people willing to work on it, Gentoo is next to die.

of all distros you pick gentoo as the one that's going to die next? come on user the devs work fucking hard on it and won't give up anytime soon, not to mention that google uses it as a base for their OS. I honestly think mageia is going to die next

Ever been to the Gentoo forum ? There are long threads with users hating on the devs, particularly for supporting systemd, soon there will be no devs left and there aren't many now.

this scares me. can you link one?

>betanews
>fagioli
>((open source community)) should be worried because some meme distro died

Attached: vanilla2.png (400x521, 347K)

Jus this week...

ron pearlman (a gem)
opal stone (the jewel smith)

BETAnews
FAGioli

What the fuck is happening to this timeline?

Imagine the smell of Vanilla.

It would be... Dunno, vanilla?

>This happened and this is what you should think!
Journalists should be rounded up and shot.
Day of the helicopter when?

Attached: 1541023291343.gif (740x900, 1012K)

His name is literally Fagioli. Jesus fuck.

Maybe antergos died because too many of it's users learned to install Arch.