ITT old software that is still perfectly usable in the modern era

ITT old software that is still perfectly usable in the modern era.

Pic related; Word 6 32-bit edition

Attached: untitled.png (1109x748, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

winworldpc.com/product/encarta/1997
bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1524
bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1524#c24
youtu.be/qR98zgyZ39U
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Soul

>sudden memories of me writing reports every week and working on my thesis in uni
Hello darkness, my old friend...

Attached: utorrent 2.2.1.png (1600x900, 238K)

>Schindler's list
Disgusting.

>he went to college 20 years ago

Attached: 17din4.jpg (599x345, 27K)

not my screenshot

Still the GOAT digital encyclopedia.

winworldpc.com/product/encarta/1997

Attached: 1997-fc5b2b636ca00f5bdba7383dcba382db-encarta_setup.png (1437x797, 33K)

Boomer

it sexy

>exploits the remote code execution vulnerability to steal your banking credentials
nothing personnel blyat

Absolutely disgusting. Use QBittorrent instead.

Vim / Vi

You too will grow up one day, summerfag.

Literally never happened, try again.

read this and cope harder boomer bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1524

Read comment 24:
bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1524#c24

2.2.1 is unaffected.

>This is not a discussion forum, or a place to share your conspiracy theories. Disabling comments to reduce noise.

SHUT IT DOWN LOL

Why are they so frightened of the truth?

Honestly it's more usable than new shit, even libreoffice pales in comparison to this kind of quality. Design perfection.

CD dictionaries.

Well because it's not a discussion forum or a place to share conspiracy theories. It's a place to share vulnerabilities.

Memes aside, I have yet to find a linux music player that will show me thumbnail pictures of my songs. Rhythmbox, Amarok, Praga, all lack this feature and lag like crazy just playing/pausing songs. Winamp runs excellent in wine and I just like it for nostalgia.

Attached: llama ass.png (1922x1055, 1.29M)

Word 6 would be great in a world where everyone still uses .doc files. But since so many people save in .docx, it's not practicable to use. That being said, I'm still perfectly happy with Office 2003 with the Office 2007 converter extension. Almost 16 years old at this point, and I can see literally no reason to upgrade to anything newer aside from "ooohh pretty animations in PowerPoint"

I'm so glad 2003 is still usable to this day. 2007 was what first used the ribbon.

>linux
>thumbnails

Attached: 1430621460184.jpg (472x472, 69K)

ACDSee v3.1

Attached: ACDSee v.31.png (1051x1033, 184K)

Downloading as we speak

absolubtely the worst, most buggy, incompatible between versions pos word processor that has ever been invented (word)

Unix utilities

While it looks cool and has all the basic word processor functionality, new Office is just more efficient and intuitive.
Maybe that's why people on Jow Forums hate it, because it's not as rewarding to remember where a more advanced feature was hidden, if you can find everything in 2 seconds

Attached: 1546905670942.png (752x585, 49K)

that doesn't loook very good at all
why are there two toolbars

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>flat design

Attached: XaMuqNt.png (389x601, 239K)

Attached: 2.8.png (250x58, 26K)

Not if he kills himself first

the fuck, why?

>Schindler's list
>utorrent
>auto update turned on
>telemetry turned on
Please be bait. If not im very sorry for you user. You have embraced the botnet

why is your taste so shit

The topic is old software that still perfectly usable.
Are you a retard?

pretty sure op intended to mean software where the newer versions are worse in some way, or that there's little to no need for upgrading
sure, gimp 2.8 is usable as it was when it was new, but is there any reason to use it over 2.10?

Attached: logo.jpg (150x150, 24K)

save-for-web plugin is the only thing I miss, I guess.

Doesn't work on 2.2.1, you can just crash the client at best, and you can disable the remote thing completely just by ticking a box. The exploit just affects 3.x and up.

Based and doublespilled

My sides !

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who actually liked the ribbon.

>using old software that is connected to the internet
Fucking up.

Nah, normies loved it too, because it gave them big pretty images they could click on.

*qbitstalled

>why are there two toolbars
where do you see two toolbars?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>form over function

Those windows3.x era SUPER CHUNKY 3D buttons (word 6 still has them as you can see) are just so fucking good.
You just want to click that shit over and over to see them move.

SOO GOOD.

Attached: UNF_UNF_UNF.gif (77x50, 3K)

I use LibreOffice

Emacs was originally written in the 1970s and is still better than most editors.

>utorrent 2.2.1
>windows 7
now those were the days

Attached: 1535921637763.gif (281x215, 19K)

LaTeX
I used it for my thesis a long time ago and I use it for chip architecture documentation today.

excel 2016 is slower than excel 2010
we have some guys from microsoft at our office (no pun intended) trying to work out why

Form over function is exactly what flat design is about. It's trash and non-intuitive.

what's wrong? it's a good movie imo

why.jpg

ok so everyone that uses office is a worker from microsoft?? wow i can now have an actual job thanks user

ls, cat, grep, etc.

Sounds more like they had MS send pajeets to do tech support to his office.

>Word 6 32-bit edition
There is no Word 6 32bit edition.

>he didn't do his thesis in tex

>efficient and intuitive
The ribbon remains a fucking mess. It's an annoying, context-sensitive pile of unlabeled buttons. Had to take some bullshit Excel course at my uni a few years ago -- learned that modern Office has a lot of nice features, but I'm still mad about the Ribbon. It's just shit.

I love the Windows 3 era chunky buttons so much.

Attached: emacs_logo_no_border.png (604x519, 43K)

>word 6
Comfy

I have an Encarta 98 disc I found at Goodwill, I installed it on one of the old laptops I bought on eBay. It's pretty cool

Ribbon is superior. You probably have baby duck syndrome after getting used to toolbars

>ancient software not updated in forever with tons of security holes and bugs
>usable in the modern era
Dumb fucking kids.

I went to college 10 years ago

word 6 still words, does it not?

Oh yes, every 1337 hacker is just waiting to exploit security holes in an old version of MS Word.

this

I think Clementine does that.

Windows Live Mail

Sorry man, buttons are outdated

---Microsoft

Attached: Untitled.png (179x64, 1K)

Lollypop is pretty good and is basically the only sane music player I've tried on Linux

youtu.be/qR98zgyZ39U

Word 6 for Windows NT

Attached: w6nt.png (399x376, 13K)

Watch it twice

You’re both retarded
Capcha:palm trees

This is why you keep your Windows 10 pc up-to-date with the latest anti-virus apps and ad offers.

>antivirus apps
So, Windows' antivirus? Which just fucking works?
>ad offers
What ad offers? Did you disable the antivirus and get some malware that puts banner ads on your desktop or something like an idiot?

Attached: zsnes_load.jpg (510x446, 16K)

>thumbnail pictures
>of sounds

Literally a garbage emulator even way back when. Use snes9x.

Horribly bloated. I like Transmission but it is absolute crap under Windows.

correct

see see

Hi Clint!

>having autism

Brainlet post

no u

reminds me of when software didn't have a million dependencies and web servers behind it

Attached: Geany.png (560x269, 75K)

Proxomitron?

AnalogX proxyi was better.

Geany is a great text editor, I'm surprised at how unheard of it is.

I fucking LOVED ACDSee. The only other image viewer besides IrfanView I've ever used. Thanks for the memories, user :)

Mineswipper

Winzip

Pluses except for performance. It's a hog. Mousepad works for less with gui but if you aren't a clicklet just use jed.