I want to learn a language that is versatile or gets me a job fast. Someone told me that php, java or python...

I want to learn a language that is versatile or gets me a job fast. Someone told me that php, java or python. What should I learn first and why?

Thanks in advance

Attached: ART_innoppl_php-v-java-1.jpg (292x180, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programming_languages_used_in_most_popular_websites
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Probably Java, as on average there is slightly more money in it and it is somewhat less painlful than the alternatives.

id say python in all honesty its what i started off on

PHP is a dead language. Literally.
Python is garbage because of lack of static type analysis, but its fine. Its good as a starter language but terrible professionally.
Java is fine.

Hint: If it can't check misspelt variables at compile time out of the box, don't pick it.

If you need a job in the next couple of months i'd go for either python or javascript.

>his IDE can't show errors in code before it's run
What's it like in the 80s boomer?

>Python is garbage because of lack of static type analysis
>thinks he is smarter than facebook, google, youtube, ....
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programming_languages_used_in_most_popular_websites

Pretty good, as ML already existed. You are missing the point, though.

Python and C#

go for java or any language that compiles to bytecode which runs on the java virtual machine.
if you dislike java definitely go for c# and netcore. c# is actually the better java. unfortunately it belongs to microsoft.
javascript is also a nice-to-have-language.
of course c and c++ are also going to get you a job fast.

>PHP is a dead language. Literally.
tell that to facebook and 80% of the websites in existence

COBOL is being used for mission critical software but you shouldnt learn it as your first language

>PHP is a dead language. Literally
~25% of websites run on WordPress

>muh Wordpress

And the vast majority of those Wordpress sites don’t require that anybody know PHP to use it, fucking moron

I agree. But I thought were talking about php. Its probably one of the best languages to learn first (besides javascript).
Its fairly easy to learn.
Its not overly ridged.
It has a MASSIVE amount of in depth documentation.
Its used all over the web and It seamlessly works with html.
Its only getting better with frameworks like Laravel.
Its great for quickly and easily turning an idea into a profitable web app.

And how is this related to your statement about how PHP is a dead language? Your point is moot, is correct. Fuck off LARPer.

>Your point is moot
Who?

learn tap-chan's lang

Attached: php.jpg (1920x1080, 194K)

i just wonder is it true that hacker uses python? or is just bullshit

Hackers use whatever they need to.

this Hackers use what the job calls for.

what your are saying is true, a real hacker has to know a wide variety of programming language to do their magic, but what i wanted to know is why people often say that "python is the programming language for hackers." or it's just a marketing bullshit?

>moving goalposts
you are the retard

This, Java and C are the only choices and if you have some spare time then Python, don't touch PHP.

Attached: tap-chan.jpg (1280x1440, 315K)

Python is probably the most versatile one but many of the jobs where people use it require many different qualifications. You could become a system/network admin and use Python for writing little scripts to help you or learn statistics to become a data analyst/scientist. Java is really popular with enterprise, so if that's your thing, learn it. PHP is good for freelancing and fixing people's Wordpress sites.

Of course, that's just the usual things. You can use Python for web dev or PHP for scripting. In fact, you can use any decent scripting language if your main job isn't coding and you just use it to automate some of your tasks. Look at local job boards too, maybe the big players in your area are all using PHP or something.

basically it's just marketing bs but python allows you to write code really fast because it comes with a wide spectrum of tools and frameworks (i think python's motto is "batteries included" or something like that).

Definitely Java. Java has the biggest ecosystem, tons of job opportunities and you'll be able to pick up languages like Scala and Kotlin quickly.

Learn raw SQL coding.

If you're autistic enough, you will succeed and land a job.

Facebook uses Hack.

>pretending that it doesn’t just take a button press to deploy a Wordpress site and requires no code to maintain it
Faggotry fallacy

Only jobs with Python involves machine learning or scientific computing. Unless you have a MSc or PhD in statistics, science or some engineering field you won't be taken seriously.

There are rare jobs in webdev, but other than that you don't see python for much more than scripts.

Can anyone else chime in on this? I was under the assumption there's great demand for data sci and experience/degrees aren't as much a factor as is being knowledgeable.

Yes, you can become a code monkey "being knowledgable". There's no demand for you though, and you won't be near any actual science.

Likely Java, has a lot of use.

>Only jobs with Python involves machine learning or scientific computing
Entirely and unequivocally false. My job I almost exclusively use Python for automation/tooling/etc. There's great use for data science with Python but that's only one area, not its "only" use. Only idiots keep spouting this.

literally php

I also mentioned that some jobs use it for webdev (with django or flask) or scripts(which I assume would include yours). But the large bulk of it is scientific computing even though the language is excellent for many other things.

It is much easier getting a job with knowledge in Java or C#. The absolute easiest is getting a webdev job with javascript/html/css though.

the "point" you were making was that PHP is dead. I pointed out that it was very much alive through wordpres (PHP7 is pretty based too btw) and you """argument""" was
>yeah but you don't need to know any PHP to use it!
kill yourself