Any /ereaders/ here? I have an old Nook that I'm going to upgrade...

Any /ereaders/ here? I have an old Nook that I'm going to upgrade, but there aren't any modern ones that cover all my bases. I'm thinking about getting a Kobo Clara HD because I like the temperature scaling for its backlight, and I don't want a Kindle since I'm just going to pirate all my books anyways. But only 8gb of storage is pathetic, and I haven't found any (good) ones with expandable storage.

Anyone else use ereaders? What do you have? Looking to upgrade?

Attached: 1537315429305.jpg (960x960, 66K)

>and I don't want a Kindle since I'm just going to pirate all my books anyways
There's nothing stopping you from pirating stuff with the Kindle
t. pirate pro

Any resources for

Sure I could install calibre and convert them all, but that seems like a pain. I might consider it if the Paperwhite had a backlight with temperature scaling, or an expandable storage, but it doesn't have either so there's not much of a reason to go for it.

connect to usb and transfer files
you can use calibre to convert file types or strip DRM but you won't be finding any DRM'ed files in piracy sites anyway, libgen has the biggest library around, z-library is good too

>but that seems like a pain
calibre is a bit sluggish but it has lots of nice things that make your life easier especially for metadata management, you can also set it up to automatically convert files

I've got an H2Ov2. I couldn't live without the flux lighting now that I've had it. Waterproof is also really nice, I've read in the tub a bunch.

How the fuck do you plan to fill out 8GB? These things are not meant to read PDFs on, you know.

Used a nst for 7 years and it was great. Got a glowlight 3 and it's been a buggy pos. Constantly losing my sideloaded files.
Waiting on a forma now, hopefully the pwm flicker was just a meme

i read manga and some novels and shit on my pocketbook 622. it has sd card slot that accepts sd cards class 2 - 10 up to 32gb. i had to install a cbz reader myself through usb. wasn't a pain for me but could be for someone who's not that good with computers. the only issues i have with it is screen is a bit small for manga sometimes and there is no backlight. also, it has god-tier battery life since it's eink and all. i read parts 6 and 7 of jojo and that only drained half of my battery.

Include every book I can get my hands on + all of wikipedia and 8gb fills up fast. That's "up to" 6000 books, but many are twice that size, so probably only like 4000 in reality. I'd rather have a small device with a ton of information at the ready than have to selectively choose what I have stored on it because the companies are too greedy to include expandable storage. That's how my Nook is now, but it has no backlight and that's not going to keep working for me

>all of wikipedia

Attached: 1496640006603.jpg (250x250, 7K)

It aint gonna last forever, better start making backups now before the oligarchy decides free information should only be for the wealthy

The Boyue Likebook series are the only Jow Forums ereaders; I have 128GB on my Mars

>only 8gb
it's an ereader; the entire works of shakespeare are like 100mb...

You don't need more than 2GB to store like 400 books you dumb fuck, also get a kindle paperwhite not an ipador some shit, get a fucking kindle paperwhite and if you can get the last one, the 10 generation because you can invert colours and i think that's a deal breaker

I can't imagine being so cucked you would pay more for less storage and not even have the option to expand it later

That's because you don't read books, just like who bought an "e-reader" that he has to charge every day and announced it the Jow Forums choice.

>download epub
>download calibre
>convert epub into modi
ez
If you like LNs, VN-meido is a nice place.

Stop hoarding crap you will never read.

I like my Kobo Forma. 8GB is plenty, the platform also has more holes than swiss cheese, so that means homebrew. My Forma has a defect that's not terribly uncommon, though. Along the side of the display, you can see a faint dark line when the backlight is on. I'll try to get a picture.

Stop hoarding brain cells you're never going to use

I like my Kobo Clara HD. I like the natural light feature and the fact it fucking supports EPUB.

Attached: IMG_20190523_211401.jpg (1008x756, 242K)

>tries using an ereader as a backup device for some ungoldy reason
>implies someone else is dumb

>wikipedia
>free information
lmao

>small keeb
>BIG letters
yikes

I have a paperwhite, although I'd like it better if the light was more on the yellow side.
I've started from a kindle 3, upgrading up to the the paperwhite. I see no reason to update for now. I've already gifted my previous kindles to parents and friends and everyone's happy.
Before getting into e-readers I basically read nothing. Now I've read more than three hundred books.
I can say that I'm satisfied and my money wasn't wasted.

>defending corporate jewery while trying and failing to get a sick burn on another user

Attached: 1531958637627.jpg (645x729, 48K)

You don't need more than 2GB to store books and no other 'e-reader' comes close to the quality of Kindle paperwhite,

> have the option to expand it later
Because it's not a fucking tablet, if you want a tablet to browse facebook then you don't want an e-reader you stupid brainlet.

Still rocking my Nook GlowLight Plus. It's made out of some kind of metal, water resistant, and supports epub. That's basically all I want. The file manager on it is pretty shit but I can deal with it. Technically it's Android so I could root it and sideload something less shit but that's a pain in the ass.

>no other 'e-reader' comes close to the quality of Kindle paperwhite
I disagree, I like my GlowLight more. The build quality is fucking great and they use the same screen, but the Nook natively supports epub.

You will never read even 8gb of data in your lifetime and if you want to hoard stuff then just keep it in an HDD which will be much safer and easier to maintain, I don't understand why you would want to use an e-reader as a backup drive since it doesn't even have any file management tools and finding what you want can be a huge pain.

>Because it's not a fucking tablet
>tablets are the only devices with expandable storage
Explain yourself? How is it my 6 year old Nook supports a 32gb SD card then?

umad

E-readers are a waste of space buy physical annotate on paper and sticky note anything else of interest. I use e-readers mostly for erotic novels. I'm a guy.

If every book you want to read is already in ePub format then it's you who doesn't read books, faggot

What? How often are you unable to find an epub

Me too

>Work on Ancient Egypt
>Literally filled with hieroglyphs
pretty often if you're studying anything that isn't dilettante-level material

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 5.09.48 PM.png (488x734, 358K)

Kindle paperwhite, cuck edition. Actually it's a pretty good e-reader, although not quite as good as books, if you actually mainly care about reading it's a good way to keep a huge library of stuff in a tiny format. Also most libraries now wirelessly lend Kindle books which can be really nice.

Not the guy you replied to but it's not like an epub can't display hieroglyphics. It can display anything that you have an embedded font for or failing that it can display embedded images. The publisher likely has the capability to produce an epub of your example screenshot, they just don't because they suck and they hate you.

Guess that makes sense
I only use ereaders for fiction, so it's never been a problem for me

read on your phone like a chad.