/spg/ - Smartphone General

Redmi K20 Pro Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: redmi_k20_official.jpg (1024x594, 83K)

1st

Attached: Bin that phone.jpg (590x384, 123K)

Based(-1)

>centered camera
disgusting. Keep it in the top corner.

Mi 8

It's pretty nice, though the screen scratches to easy

Xperia XZ2 Compact worth it's current US price?

OnePlus 7 Pro

No, unless you really want a compact phone.

pls respond

Either Poco or Max 3

Redmi K20 Pro

Buy a factory sealed Pixel 2 on ebay instead.

guyz im thinking of getting the note 9 when prices drop instead of OP7 pro or am i a retard yes?

>or am i a retard yes?
yes

yes

What's the cheapest smartphone that can into Uber/Lyft?

It's literally the only smartphone-y thing I want to have that my dumb flip phone can't handle.

What's a good phone for a weeb

Guys i have serious question. Do you think oneplus7pro 8/256 will works good for about 30 months?

sony xperia

anything will work for 30 months as long as you take care of the battery IE don't run it down to 0 every day, don't let it get 40C+.

Requesting something to replace my honor 8x now that it will be fucked soon and I'll never get 9.0 still on 8.2

Attached: 1555610548583.jpg (540x960, 68K)

>anything will work for 30 months
Not the Sony M4 Aqua, trust me.

OnePlus 7 Pro

I was thinking this samshit

Attached: Screenshot_20190523-202758.jpg (1080x2340, 519K)

>150-250€
>good battery life
>not too huge
>clean android if possible
Is the mi a2 lite the only option? Android one on one of these redmi type of phones seems p neat. Tho it's a bummer that they still put a snapdragon 625 in it.
Notch and chin is also kind of ugly.
Any alternative?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-23-21-32-17-896_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg (1080x1137, 197K)

>£309
Yikes. You're better off getting a Redmi Note 7 or Pocophone F1.

Soon as you buy they give you £50 cash

So it's a little less than the Poco F1

>little less than the Poco F1
yes, little less in price but way worse in specs. Though honestly at this point I wouldn't get a Pocophone either but wait for the Redmi K20 Pro.

Lineage is overrated shit.

Is the pixel 3a worth it or should I wait for the pixel 3 to drop in price?

Jow Forumsuys, help me a little.
Currently I got a Samsung J5 Pro, and I wanted to get a better phone.
I am looking for a good screen, 5,8 inches or higher, amoled, good ppi, sd 845 or an equivalent cpu and gpu good for games, and finally a top tier [spoiler]selfiecam[/spoiler].

whens that new asus phone coming out and should i get it or the iphone xs or wait out the new iphone? money isnt an object

forgot to mention that I have around 540~560 usburgers to spend

op7pro

Summer, presumably July

is the zenfone 6 out yet?

Ok anons. I need a new phone because my Nexus 5X had battery problems. I have about 200$ to spend. What I currently need is something with a long battery life and 4gb of RAM. Also it needs to be mildly reliable. I was looking for the Redmi Note 6 Pro. Any other models?

So do I get a Pixel 3a or do I get chinked and buy a better spec phone with shitty software and no warranty? What would you do?

>july
reeeee take my money nooooow

Attached: 9812-Hitler2.jpg (200x200, 8K)

Redmi Note 7

How many people here but their phones off Ali? Any recommendations for trustworthy sellers?

Unironically the mi mix 3. I had a J5 as well.

How long do you think it will take for the K20 Pro after it's released to be available for purchase?

never trust a chinaman, and assume anything from there is carcinogenic

really? hows the selfie cam? and how is the slider going nowdays?

I ordered the chink version of the Mi9 from "Mi Global store", was fine. This stands though, never let your guard down when dealing with Chinese sellers.

The slider literally can't break. It can last millenia. I don't use the selfie cam, the most important thing for me is that it's physically covered.

How is the mi9? I was looking at it as a Pixel 3a Alternative. How is the camera on it?

Dude I had this phone and loveeeeeee it. It was so worth the price. I still use it as a day and media device with a micro SD card. With Android one it's good. Sd625 is reasonable for what you pay. I liked it so much I upgraded my dad's Galaxy s3 to one of these.

Hey Tiago

Ordered my redmi note 7 from mi zealer and it went smoothly and was packaged perfectly. Also 30 less bucks than getting from Amazon. Truth is though don't ever let your guard down they will steal from you if they can. Happy shopping.

I like it so far. Most of my initial complaints were fixed by messing with the options. The camera has a sensor that I just love, while the software needs some working on. It does ok in low-light on its own because of the sheer pixel size, but their 'night mode' just fucks everything up, you get much better results using gcam's Night sight or even the Pro mode and setting a longer exposition. Under normal daylight conditions I prefer the stock camera over gcam, though, because of the greater dynamic range.
I don't know how well or bad does it stack up against the Pixel 3a (most of my friends I can compare with use Samsungs and Huaweis), but since the 3a has the same setup as the 3, you can probably find some comparisons between the Mi9 and that to get a clear picture.

Thanks user. My big concern is the software as I have a note 4x and MIUI is shit for ram management. But the mi 9 is cheaper and a better phone overall it seems. Just the software and warranty. I do like the photos form the pixel but the mi9 looks good and gcam on it is a plus.

>Is the mi a2 lite the only option?
No, it isn't. Redmi Note 5/6 Pro/7 are all superior options to the Mi A2 Lite. Just flash a custom ROM and you're set. No reason to use a Snapdragon 625 at this point.

Not sure what you're so concerned about. Aliexpress isn't some random local online shop, it's a massive international company. Even if something is to happen that shouldn't like you getting scammed - you're getting your money back ager a dispute. There's really not much to be afraid of except your country's taxes and customs.

im also waiting for the note 9 price to drop.

I'm going to trade in my s7 for $300 an buy the samsung s10

After a*

>MIUI is shit for ram management
Use a Xiaomi.eu rom, it's one of the thing it fixes.

For 500usd, should I go for a Mi 9 as my best bet?

ok pajeet I dont need a new phone but I am a boomer dad interested in upgrading. I carry a galaxy s5 that still works just fine other than a burn on the screen from youtube.
>Need
Good back camera. Not worried about shitty selfie front camera shit.
An available solid sturdy case, I always go with otterbox defender.
Good screen for watching videos.
>Want
high storage capacity, dont care if micro sd makes that happen
replaceable battery,
Android system just cause Im accustomed to them.
thanks and please dont touch my phone with those hands

Goodbye OnePlus 7 Pro.
Hello K20 Pro.

Getting a Redmi Note 7 this saturday, any good ROM recommendations?

Samsung galaxy a70 or xperia 10 plus or one plus 7 or pixel 3a
None of have a removable back because of most not if all phone released from 2017 onwards don't have removable backs.

Redmi K20 Pro

>any good ROM recommendations?
There's not much to choose from because it's not the Redmi Note 7 Pro, so - crDroid it is.

whats the cheapest you guys have seen for a replacement Pixel 2 screen? it won't light up anymore.

saw the s10 series at a best buy yesterday. definitely the best looking phones ever.

I guess you didn't see the disgusting hole in the screen

UK here. I'm thinking of getting unlimited data with Three. Is that a retarded move? I've only been on 2gb and limit myself monthly to not go over it.

Anyone with a 1+7 pro in the US, does FedEx require signature??

>galaxy s5
My man, I'm holding out for the K20's. I feel like the Samsung A range is breddy solid too. They do have exynos chips though, ehich everybody seems to shit on.

Fuck them for not realising the fucking 9.0 to every phone at the same time
Checked the xda forum and them getting it and I'm still here waiting on 8.2

Stop waiting, download and install it manually

Jesus I know you're the autistic user from the other thread asking 500000 questions about the fucking phone.

No it doesn't.

Attached: 1543717759668.png (399x400, 13K)

This seems like a winner. No notch, huge battery, headphone jack, amoled. If the camera is half decent I'll replace my Pixel XL with this.

Anyone with a OP7 Pro, would you consider it too big?

What do you take photos of?

No, I really don't get this meme.
I'm borderline manlett and I can still operate it just fine.

Are there any good games for a smartphone? I remember i had a great game on my fucking bada phone back in the day which was a great arog with a decent storyline about some guy having this powerglove thing and he beat shit up with it. These days all i see is some dumb multiplayer games where you just wait for shit to finish. Are there any good non online sp games or should i just get an emulator?

Attached: 33481015d04b3974f9ed7acf616592901b13507ebdabf48ee1d6d09d63acc2c4.png (1070x601, 507K)

nah i just got some ports

How do I do that? I couldn't find anything on how to install the update manually
I know about firmware finder but it tell me my EMUI is not supported for some reason so I didn't wanted to fuck with it

Man the Mi Mix 3 has to have the worst vibration motor I have ever used, it feels disgusting. Everything about the phone is perfect apart from that, the worst part is you have to manually disable vibrations for each app notification.

I'm 5'5" with small hands and have a phone that's 6.4" and I don't consider that too big.

7 Pro has a 6.67"

But your hands are probably more than 6% larger than mine.

Any phones with portrait physical keyboard?

fuck you got me

I don't know about American companies but in Australia everything valued above $500 usually requires a signature, what company is stupid to send something that valuable without a signature required?

I want a phone 300-450ish range. What do y'all recommend?

Thinking of getting the pixel 3a, but after being cucked by a Nexus 6p bootloop and reading about Pixel phones getting into constant lawsuits I'm weary of google.

Xiaomi Mi 9.

Apparently OnePlus, also HTC does the same thing. It's like $2 for signature confirmation when you ship something with FedEx I think. UPS does it automatically.

mid-july

I'm kinda in a poorfag situation

Looking to get the Redmi Note 7
I can afford the 64gb storage one pretty tightly in my budget
but the 128gb one is not that much expensive but i'm going to have to wait another month to get it to not stay on the red

since both have mSD slots and I have a 128gb mSD is the 64gb version enough?

What do you use the phone mainly for? How many apps do you have?

I guess basic social media apps like twitter instagram and other crap

and just one or game that require large amounts of storage, 2-4gb at most

I had a nexus 6p before but the battery died, the 128gb it had was barely half full most of the time even with a ton of mp3s loaded

Why are there so many X***m* shills in this general?

I mean it can copy hardware but Xiaomi's software side is such shit, why is everyone just copying the 7 pro?

Bump

Then I think the 64GB will be enough if you put in an SD card