The prime Linux market is pseudo-intellectuals

Never have I met a more miserable group of people than "Linux enthusiasts." They just HAVE to show off how "smart" they are for being able to "do everything through the terminal" even when its less efficient.

>Need to edit a text file
The Linuxfag approach:
>open terminal
>cd... cd.. cd...
>vim shit.txt
>whatever the fuck next
>exit
>oh wait I didnt write "sudo vim" now all my work has gone to shit

The non-autist approach:
>Use file explorer
>right click on text file when found
>open as administator
>make edits,save, press exit button
>done

Now I'm not saying Linux isn't useful, I just don't get this autistic obsession many of it's users have with PURPOSELY doing EVERYTHING the tedious way even without any added benefit to the simple way.

Attached: 1506018692290.png (1000x1000, 253K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/
warosu.org/g/thread/S70752630
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You being a retard doesn't make tedious for me.

It's all about efficiency and one of these methods is way more efficiency in time and productivity than the other.

If the linux community weren't retarded, they'd put together something like Mac OS X.

>Free software underpinnings
>User-friendly to the point of being idiot-proof

But I guess using a 1970s user-interface for basic, routine system maintenance is just too l33t for them to give it up.

>Use file explorer
>right click on text file when found
>open as administator
>make edits,save, press exit button
>done
I do this in Linux. You seem to hang out in desktop threads too much.

>Type vim
>Type full path with auto completion
>end

If you don't open the file as sudo in vim, literally all you have to do is ":w !sudo tee %" instead of ":w"

One of the key reasons I moved to Linux was that Windows interfered with my productivity.
>Updates at inconvenient times
>forced reboots
>inability to remove different folders
>inability to remove all kinds of programs
>mysterious background processes that can't be shut down
>LITERAL ADS by default
>Edge popups when using any other browser
>non-customizable file explorer
>mysterious CPU and I/O spikes whose related background processes can't be disabled
>not to mention all the backdoors
IT'S JUST SHIT.

also I do
>open file explorer
>click text file
>edit and save

oh, I forgot to mentioned THE FORCED FUCKING UPDATES TAKING YOU TO A NEW ITERATION OF WINDOWS THAT SUCKS EVEN MORE
FUCK

nice copypasta

>ive never heard of gnome

Prove it, fucktard.
warosu.org/g/
I wrote all of this just now.

Why did you post your self portrait?

Considering how much you care about this and the effort you've put in, I'd say the real "autist" here is you.

>what is any distro that comes with a DE?

>terminal so hard, everyone must need 10 million commands and do everything wrong like me

Attached: serveimage(38).jpg (645x729, 57K)

it's not hard to
:wq 'tempfile'
mv tempfile file.ext

Whoa there son! That takes at least two seconds tah figure out, and ah reckon that's two seconds more than ah can think.

>use vim
>forgot sudo
>:write ~/file
>after closing, sudo it to where it needs to be
also, what are you doing where you come across this problem?
only web monkeys might have their project outside their home, but that's no excuse to use sudo all the time. for actual work, you should stay in your home folder

>2019
>Still typing commands like a fucking ape

I love how the complaints against Linux from shills are literally strawman tier. Why don't the shills ever point out how shit System D is or how bloated the Redhat / Google / MS kernel has become? Or how Linux has shitty documentation because adding features is more important to GNU coreutils authors than documenting the ones already present...

Nope, it's "I'm literally too dumb to work a terminal so you have autism."

Explaining how to do something 38 different ways depending on which desktop environment or control panels being used, or simply providing a simple, universal terminal command.
What were you saying about tedious and autistic, again?

It's amazing how people ignore all the Microsoft bullshit and fixate on the parts of Linux where it's not even worse, it's just different.

This guy doesn't know about the tab button

to be honest bash is so fucking horrible by default that it's normal people end up hating the terminal
few ever turn on the cd autocorrect option
very few ever try vi mode
and so on

>by default
in what OS?

>bash
.inputrc

>open as administator
So you conveniently remembered to open as administrator, but forgot to sudo with vim? Anyway, if you're not stupid you can just copy the stuff you typed in vim, quit, re-open with sudo, paste, save and quit. I don't see the big issue here, you don't lose anything.

Sure the terminal is slower for some things, but imagine if your files are all over the place on your hard drive, and you wanted to find, recursively, all files beginning with "DCIM" to find all the instances of pictures where I banged you dad

>op doesnt know about :w !sudo tee %
god what a miserable existence

>What is find(1)?

>autistic
It's autistic, literally.

warosu.org/g/thread/S70752630