Cool USB Devices

What are some cool things you can run off of your USB ports? I know about SDRs which seem neat, I just wonder what other cool gadgets are out there.
>inb4 usbkiller

Attached: serveimage(3).png (2400x2400, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/2009/06/heinz-introduces-beanzawave-worlds-smallest-microwave-plugs-into-laptop-usb.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I would break them down into two separate categories :
- things that use usb purely as a power source like a desktop fan or programming gloves
- things that use usb as a power source and a bus for data transfer

Attached: apus crown.png (650x638, 47K)

zip disquette

Yeah I meant things in the 2nd category. things that actually interface with your computer

Attached: heinz-beanzawave-USB-microwave.jpg (720x340, 58K)

>microwave

that's an ez bake oven

what the fuck, how does that have enough power to work

seriouseats.com/2009/06/heinz-introduces-beanzawave-worlds-smallest-microwave-plugs-into-laptop-usb.html

It could work, but it'd take a damn long time.

Attached: Ixaer Mini USB Fridge Cooler.jpg (466x466, 25K)

Attached: a332_pole.jpg (400x500, 19K)

it's not a microwave.
All it's doing if it is doing anything is lighting up a heating element like a lightbulb at the top and warming up the fucking beans.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 69K)

Only it is an actual mini microwave that is ultra underpowered and never made it past that prototype.

Attached: Vacuum.jpg (400x554, 39K)

Microwave oven wattages range between 600 - 1200 watts. Not only that , you can see in the picture that there is no locking mechanism on the door . I don't believe it.

that's a neat vacuum though

You mean medium to high power microwave ovens. Generating microwaves is pretty easy, generating them via low power is even easier. Making it commercial viable with only a USB port to power it isn't going to happen, but you can still power an underpowered microwave from a USB port. You just need to wait longer.

>Microwave oven wattages range between 600 - 1200 watts
Low power ones are 320-500watts and normally used for RVs.

Attached: USB Microscope.jpg (400x697, 31K)

Attached: 61qQaNCjW-L._SX425_.jpg (425x426, 23K)

Attached: obS8wgM.gif (500x281, 713K)

based

I have one of those little fridges. It's just a heatsink and a fan. It'll just raise your drink a little above room temperature, or maybe keep a chilled can cool just a little longer.

Also it's barely big enough to fit a 16oz can. not wide enough to fit your fingers around to grab the can and not much clearance on top. Plus the spot you put the can on has a raised ring around it, so you can't slide the can out, you have to carefully tip it out enough to grab.

And don't plug it into your computer. I had it on the same hub as my phone and the phone kept connecting & disconnecting.

Attached: 261b4039700a35104e3116f8c316e04d.jpg (640x640, 59K)

Just buy a thermos.

>USB Microscope

these are great fun - I bought one and had great fun taking pictures of wee beasties along with my conservation group as well as for faffing around with electronics.

Attached: WIN_20180711_12_17_10_Pro.jpg (640x480, 64K)

Digispark, it's a neat arduino-style board with no USB-to-serial converter since it does it all on-chip, and it uses the very lightweight ATTiny85, which is perfect for simple projects where you don't need 15 I/Os, like FM receivers or rotary encoders, or just using it for the ADC. Personally I use the digispark pictured for prototyping and testing, and also have one of the boards with a DIP-8 socket on it for ATTiny85 ICs which I program and install on PCBs or other circuits to avoid needing a bulky PCB.

Attached: digispark.jpg (701x299, 37K)

Also USB RGB LED strips, I use one in my room for lighting. I also keep a USB soldering iron handy in case I'm in a pickle. But neither of these use their data for anything.
And USB endoscopes are pretty cheap on alibay.