There entire business model to start with

>There entire business model to start with.
>Every time you visit a site, they'll block all ads, replace them with their own, and escrow a payment of their own cryptocurrency (BAT) into a wallet which they control, until the website owner registers/files paperwork with Brave to get control of their wallet. So you can donate to websites, but website owners may (if the funds go unclaimed for sufficient time) never see the funds. As converting lesser known crypto-currencies to regional fiat is always a fun process. Also the process of buying BAT is non-refundable (see Brave's official FAQ). So nobody actually gets paid except Brave. For YEARS they've claimed this is something they'll work out SOON.
>To do this they fork chromium and replaced Google's... Sorry OpenSource telemetry with their own system of injecting headers github.com/brave/browser-android-tabs/commit/911770a07549ce53f49a9d87a5a19b4da29fb767#diff-35dd256442c3c60f5bec67e5b2a86cda
>Basically they're as shady as Google (if not more so), but more willing to lie about it. BE regularly uses social media sock puppets to harasses detractors.

Attached: if-you-shill-it-you-should-die.jpg (700x500, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/brave/browser-android-tabs/commit/911770a07549ce53f49a9d87a5a19b4da29fb767#diff-35dd256442c3c60f5bec67e5b2a86cda
mobile.twitter.com/tomscott/status/1076435945061314560
twitter.com/_unwriter/status/1108761025388728320?lang=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Notice how braveshills don't even try to prove this wrong.

wow so based

Attached: brave shilling 2.png (4000x3210, 3.55M)

Brave (U.S.) filed a EU data protection complaint against Google aftter it saw independent intellectual countries like Austria, Luxembourg and Ireland (all German/Hanoverian dependencies, and obviously non coincidentally the richest and highest developed countries worldwide) file the complaint.

Anyone still trusting Brave after this and falling for such weak attempts at abusing European legislature to push their own business model is just beyond retarded and deserve their data to be given out.

it has a really nice logo though

Because they can't.

Attached: Brave Scam.png (622x1715, 275K)

Unrelated: Hey, did you guys hear firefox extensions got disabled for like 5 minutes a couple weeks ago?
Apparently a cert expired or something.
Not a big deal, I guess. Kind of unusual, though.

If it were not for Jow Forums, I'd have never known about it since I have FF locked down tight and it can't even check for certs, lists, or anything else. I also have no need to ever update since everything is in a sandbox and VM that can be easily cloned if something were to go wrong.

brave is the best browser
SPEED
PRIVACY
SECURITY

and it's FREE
thank you BRAVE team

BTFO and just keeps on shilling.
Plucky little sprite.

Brave user more like numale.

>There entire business model to start with.
>Every time you visit a site, they'll block all ads, replace them with their own, and escrow a payment of their own
Brave Ads are entirely separate, they're notification-based and are independent from the website. JIDF FUD please leave
>cryptocurrency (BAT) into a wallet which they control, until the website owner registers/files paperwork with Brave to get control of their wallet. So you can donate to websites, but website owners may (if the funds go unclaimed for sufficient time) never see the funds.
This has been changed, funds never leave the browser if a brave rewards account doesn't exist for the site or user.
>As converting lesser known crypto-currencies to regional fiat is always a fun process. Also the process of buying BAT is non-refundable (see Brave's official FAQ). So nobody actually gets paid except Brave.
>non refundable
It's crypto no shit
>For YEARS they've claimed this is something they'll work out SOON.
Literal fud
>To do this they fork chromium and replaced Google's... Sorry OpenSource telemetry with their own system of injecting headers github.com/brave/browser-android-tabs/commit/911770a07549ce53f49a9d87a5a19b4da29fb767#diff-35dd256442c3c60f5bec67e5b2a86cda
That isn't telemetry you dumb fuck
>Basically they're as shady as Google (if not more so), but more willing to lie about it. BE regularly uses social media sock puppets to harasses detractors.
Source?
>Tom scott
Interesting how your copypasta always omits the result of that. This was resolved
mobile.twitter.com/tomscott/status/1076435945061314560
Big if tru
>Notice how braveshills don't even try to prove this wrong.

Wait I unironically use brave should I stop? What do I even use now, firecucks?

Just use lynx

@71084771
>admitting she's a shill
sad

@71084824
haha xddeee good one fellow firefox sh-user!! UPVOTED!

>braveshills
Who would shill a browser that doesn't allow to post on Jow Forums?

>This was resolved

"The more troubling issue is that nobody at Brave thought their UI was problematic until you pointed it out. The "we're all human" argument seems... disingenuous."

how can you be so retarded? why would you even fall for it in the first place? lmao, fucking chink logo should scare you off inmediately

I'm posting from brave right now
I bet you think the firefox fiasco was just an honest mistake

>I bet you think the firefox fiasco was just an honest mistake

I don't care what it was, it didn't affect me.

>that was resolved
holy shit so it's real, you have huge fucking balls for white knighting a browser that makes chrome look like a decent option

>That isn't telemetry
Right it is way worse than telemetry because it allows companies like Google Facebook and Amazon to track every single link you click inside Brave with ease.

Also remainder that Brave telemetry cannot be disabled without editing code and recompiling. They even said that in their issue tracker.

I'd rather use Chrome than this botnet that makes it even easier for Google to gather my data.

I hope you are just baiting.

If you seriously fell for such a bad marketing scheme as Brave is then you should hang yourself and just stick with Chrome since you clearly have no clue about anything and for those kind of people Chrome non ironically is the best option.

And fyi the only Browser that can be made completely private is and will forever be Firefox. I never got how kids even barely think one second anything based on KDEs WebKit (i.e. anything based on Safari/Chrom*) can be anonymous. It was built 20 years ago and privacy was the last thing in mind especially by KDE in 1998.

>disable add-ons so everyone's fingerprint gets less unique making it harder for every Firefox user to be tracked
>fiasco

There is a reason Tor explicitly tells you to not install add-ons like Ublock or any other content blocker or add-on in general.

If it was me I'd love to see all add-ons disabled for ever. Even if I don't get why people make such a big deal out of it. Contrary it proves that Mozilla actively cares about their certificates and security contrary to other companies (Hello Brendan)

Just switched to brave from firefox+extensions a few days ago since it's way faster, should I switch back? Are there any better alternatives? Firefox seems painfully slow when compared to brave.
Any sources on brave's privacy concerns?

Does dissenter keep brave's botnet or did they remove it?

man, you guys are idiots. it uses anonymous payments, so they have no way to refund money.
no one is forcing the donator to give money to a site, they give it of their own free will. and brave does not have the resources to force every site owner to sign up so that they can get their money. brave is doing everything possible to turn the web from an ad-driven shitfest into a more reasonable pay-for-what-you like model.
you guys are just shills for all of the botnets. or else you're a a bunch of ad-loving faggots.

>Brave Ads are entirely separate, they're notification-based and are independent from the website.
The thing that makes Brave shady is that they have any involvement with selling ads or showing me ads at all, period. The whole cause of the shittiness of the modern web and rampant privacy invasion is pretty much 100% down to ads. And they're making money by a scheme to show me ads.

You know you can turn off the ad part completely right? In fact, it's opt-in.

I'm never going back to trannyfox.

Attached: brave-user.png (1000x721, 449K)

What's an alternative for mobile browsing then? Firefox + uBlock works, but is much slower

>Being such a Mozilla NPC that you actually defend having no add-on support.

The Mozilla shilling and cucked FF fanboys on this board are literally like a cult.

>0.1 BAT added to your account
Just block JS, tard.

VROOM! VROOM!

SEE YOU AT THE NEXT LIGHT FAGGOT

Attached: grand-turismo-burrito-drifter.webm (360x640, 2.56M)

try this twitter.com/_unwriter/status/1108761025388728320?lang=en

Is that a burrito or a foot

Brave is a scam and its management will go to jail

>Mozilla shilling
the only shill here is you faggot, Mozilla is a non profit that actually developed a decent browser from scratch, unlike the company you get paid to shill for, the company that used Chromium and changed the theme and rebranded it as a separate browser so low IQ normies can't tell

Brave is a scam

>but website owners may (if the funds go unclaimed for sufficient time) never see the funds.
Only true for free grants and unverified website owners.

>Neo-Nazi botnet
I chuckled

based OP.

90% of those are either not true to the right ( especially alt right ) or are very old, 2016 tier. I guess Tim Pool was right when he stated that the right can easily understand the left, but the left cannot understand the right.

Attached: RgH6yS0.jpg (600x752, 110K)

I don't know what browser to use. I'm using Brave and Firefox (main). Both suck. The fuckers at mozilla sold us out and don't allow us to do what we want with the browser, while brave is a google ripoff without telemetry.

Something like ungoogled-chromium comes to mind, but I don't know to compile it. Any ideas? And don't tell me to use firefox ripoffs, like PaleMoon or Waterfox, I'm not trusting my security on deprecated code. Falkon doesn't have NoScript or uMatrix. What do?

>brave user
>pol
get in times grandpa, they use dissenter.