Whelp just had my entire fucking D: drive wiped due to microshit code

Whelp just had my entire fucking D: drive wiped due to microshit code.
I wanted the may release of windows so I unmounted my D: drive in disk management to install the update.
Remounted the fucker and it's all gone.

Attached: microcuckcoding.png (268x139, 2K)

i have no fears.
>this post
one fear.

D:

well you did read the terms of service and the licensing agreement right?

pebkac

how does a windows update even affect drives other than C?

Yes I read them very carefully with my pirated license of windows.

> windows
> getting excited for new windows releases
> blaming others for your stupid mistake
thanks for the blog post helpdesk monkey

fuck it's gonna be a long summer

Got a chuckle out of me

wouldn't surprise me if this is real, similar things have happened.
Nigga just stick with LTS versions of whatever OS or programs you use. They exist for a reason.

Attached: Dr._Hax.jpg (431x433, 39K)

Microsoft Disabled the ability to install the update with other drives connected. Something fucked up when I unmounted the drive it's windows pajeet code, when I remounted damn thing was corrupted. had to reformat.

Install Gentoo and use testdisk.

Attached: 1379486166055.jpg (800x800, 317K)

Gentoo doesn't have this problem.

sandbox is pretty nice tho desu. just re downloading all my shit. Faster than recovery.

Attached: sandbox.png (1744x778, 1.01M)

>I wanted the may release of windows so I unmounted my D: drive in disk management to install the update.
You might be able to recover the data, but next time don't take the easy way out and unplug the disk

>>Microsoft Disabled the ability to install the update with other drives connected.
It worked for me except for usb drives

>now you know why

Doesn't work with virtual box though

It happens because when you enable sandbox it causes your host OS to basically run on top of Hyper-V which causes VMware not to work, you wouldn’t notice you’re running with a hypervisor because the host still has direct access to hardware

VMware, virtual box doesn’t matter

In all honesty the BIOS should have its own dedicated integrated SSD to run an OS out of.

I only had to unplug my 8bay external drive enclosure and it upgraded to 1903 just fine.

what did you tihnk was going to happen when running unaudited poocrosoft code retard, that's what you get for being a wintoddler

do they expect grandma and all the normalfags to open up their fucking computers and remove any other drives before they are allowed to update? what the fuck?

>Microsoft Disabled the ability to install the update with other drives connected
wait, are you fucking serious ? what the. fuck..

kek you faggot, well done.

Didn't happen to me. And the updating process scanned all my files for whatever reason.

>ITT: Things that never happened

Attached: 1555535165681.jpg (1050x1418, 955K)

On my machine it made the "Windows10Upgrade" folder to download itself to not on the C: root but on an ext3 partition on an (external) drive mounted with ext2fsd without ever fucking asking me. Microsoft owns everything and can have updates read/write anywhere they want apparently.

>Microsoft Disabled the ability to install the update with other drives connected.
What in the actual fuck?

Attached: 1470496928883.jpg (540x628, 69K)

We've come full circle. I've talked with older sys admins and tech enthusiasts who remember when you had to park your hard drive to turn off your PC. Now we have physically remove drives before updates.

Not sure what OP is going on about. I upgraded to 1903 yesterday with three SSDs connected. The whole process worked fine. Maybe He's using a petabyte usb stick bought from Wish.

Updated to 1903 last night and didn't have any issues m8.

Attached: Capture.png (1613x845, 34K)

oh fug :DDDDDD

They expect that a statistically insignificant amount of grandmas and normalfags will have more than one drive in their computer. I mean, everyone's using ultrabooks now, right?

Holy fucking shit, I'm glad I switched to hackintosh

Attached: 1551781304433.png (651x798, 714K)

I lost all of my configured profile settings.
I have to go disable all the botnet shit and cortana and thefucking ads and the and very single fucking start menu preference

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

My fucking cpu is running like trash on idle now too and i cant even roll back this fucking update

FUCKING WHYYY FUCKING WHY ME DAMNIT WHY
DONT U TEST UR SHIT!?

> Disconnected drive erased

> Doesn't know how to remove apps

Sounds like user error to me.

just restore from your last backup :^)

Attached: 1539346215466.png (407x654, 318K)

I updated with 4 drives connected and mounted wtf are you talking about?

Sounds weird. Did you try to open it on a different OS?
Anyway, whenever im messing with OS installs i physically disconnect every other HDD after a full shutdown, its the correct way

oh fug :DDDDDD

Restore from backup ;)

The problem probably occured because he unmounted/unassigned a drive letter. Or it just has obscure triggers.

(((for whatever reason)))

What the fuck is this shit?
>work in repairs
>frequently use usb drives with latest version of windows 10 on them to update because it's faster than every other method bar pxe fresh installation
>flash a 1903 drive, plug it into laptop
>ERROR: CANNOT UPDATE BECAUSE USB IS PLUGGED IN
>you made me a racist.mp4
>do a windows 7 > windows 10 upgrade with same usb
>works flawlessly
The pajeets at m$ surely do the needful don't they

>SSD
Found your problem. Are you Jow Forumskids ever going to learn that SSD is unreliable bullshit?

Another reason I am happy I did not upgrade to Win 10.

Keep on getting fucked.

Almost faced the same terror yesterday while upgrading muh Bindows 10. I'll pray for you OP.

the fuck is an ultrabook?

Those crappy thin laptops with no cooling and keyboard travel whatsoever.

No, they only did it if it's an drive connected via USB, OP is just a dumb google.

i remember when software updates used to mean getting improvements

I updated all my computers via an 8gb flash drive made from Windows MCT 1903

This doesn't happen on my arch install, when I once fucked up and somehow offed the boot partition, I just booted from a usb stick and reinstalled leaving the home partition as is
I use arch by the way :^)

oh, like those macbooks which people have been posting here year after year with the same broken keyboard which people still seem to be buying like it's the only thing on the market?

>wants the bleeding edge build of an operating system
>complains when something doesn't go according to plan

im like lots of shocked rn

Exactly. They ironically might lead to better optimized software because of how poorly they perform.

i am ok with this, provided they don't become the only option in the future

you could have probably fidxed it with some ntfs fixing tool programs but ok mr reformatted.

Calling dibs on being in the screencap

>2.72 TB SSD
doubt.jpg

Based

They literally fired the entire QA department in 2015.

Cursed letter

had the same problem. installed easeus partition master. did a partion recovery. all fine after that.

Next time just unplug it like it says retard

kek

Got there before me, gg

>D:

I don't understand the problem
Just restore from backup

>Microsoft Disabled the ability to install the update with other drives connected
can confirm my PC cant update doo when i have 2 discs

Attached: lickdoge.jpg (529x529, 22K)

>Winblows is for people who work
> * corrupts your hatddrive with work *
> nothing personal kid

Install Gentoo and all your problems will be gone

Don't forget that your standard unraveling windows installation images will wipe all connected drives on a system. It's been a major issue at my job since your typical workstation has 2-4 other drives in them with mission critical stuff, but if you transfer the drives to a new board with a new nvme drive and the unraveling installation image, it will rape the drives. You have to do the initial formatting, turn it all off, connect the drives, and then start it up.

Yeah no
This might be believable if windows was installed on D: Windows doesn't just arbitrarily wipe drives for fun.
You did this

Did you have bitlocker setup on it?