Which is best?

Which is best?

Attached: maxrejhiuhihiuhsdefault.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

c# will replace javascript because of webassembly

>Inb4 a lot of anons sperging about their language of choice without asking for which purpose

Haskell.

None.

We'll see if things improve with .net 5.0. It's supposed to be the single framework to rule them all.

literally every thread

>hurr durr there is a special snowflake language for every single task
>special snowflake language for opening pronhub.com
>special snowflake language for writing video games that have a shade of blue
>special snowflake language for programming bittorrent clients
>special snowflake language for writing captchas

js is too tight
jc is perfect, jk ok.

Which one should I learn for a first language? I want to be employable.

if your asking between the 2 op posted, js is most likely better for you

javascript is a big fucking mess and I try to avoid it at all costs, but its "best" for front end web development because it's your only real choice.

C# is a well designed multi-paradigm language, but I feel they're adding too many features to it. It's also become a bit of a clusterfuck with all the different versions of .net between .net core, .net standard, and the actual .net framework, and I can't be bothered to actually read about it.

I would take a job doing primarily c#, I wouldn't for js, but obviously "best" is subjective

Your first language doesn't matter. Learn whatever.

webassembly will replace*
javascript

javascript unironically, c# will always be windows language
and plenty of languages can transpile to javascript to overcome its shortcommings

I work on a nightmare made out of c# and put together by boomers. After seen this, i do not want to work with c#, literally every other c# programmer is coming from VB and they keep their shitty practices

Do you think it would be any better if it was written with JS?

It would be better if it was all in c++, also fuck MS, they are trying so hard for people to use their shitty language and tool set by posing as open source friendly but in really they just want as many devs as possible to stop using other languages and only know how to use their bloated garbage. I hope JS stays strong as it is.

No its not, that shit has already been scrapped and deprecated.

Because java is fucking redpilled pede

>js
>employable
Js is memetier for retards and webdev gigacucks. No serious software engineer uses js.

Nigga do you even know what .NET 5 is supposed to be? They're unifying .NET Core, .NET Framework, and Mono too into ONE.

It's going to run on Linux too. 1st class support.

breh it were so dank

Attached: 1554443461049.jpg (2000x1426, 2.56M)

Dumb comparison.

Use C++ for everything like a real man.

The many framework versions can be confusing to a newcomer, but all you really need to know is:
Library? Standard
Web? Core
Cross platform? Core
Windows desktop? Old full framework, or the core 3 beta if you're feeling saucy.
The old framework is being deprecated. Pretty soon it will no longer be recommended. At that point, you only have core for almost everything, and standard if you're writing a library since it's sort of like an LTS version.

You can write FORTRAN in any language.

That's bullshit. Microsoft just wants you to use Azure, and they want C# to work well with Linux since Azure mostly runs on Linux and they have a shitload of C# devs on staff.