Today

Today marks the beginning of the end of the traditional ISP jews

Attached: 1558670831603.webm (854x480, 1.41M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QEIUdMiColU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starlink_(satellite_constellation)#Satellite_hardware
spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/aerospace/satellites/spacex-claims-to-have-redesigned-its-starlink-satellites-to-eliminate-casualty-risks
starlink.com
youtube.com/watch?v=QEIUdMiColU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what we are looking at

Wow satelite internet is so new

The first 60 (of 12,000) of SpaceX's Starlink satellites being deployed at 432km. They will thrust themselves to 550km.

Pack sand you butter toothed pompous insufferable miserable worthless spineless cockless cückèd nigger loving imbecile. When will you fucking realize the jew pigs in charge hate you almost as much as I do, and will stop at nothing until their plan comes to fruition? Go to the financial capital of the satanic jew world order and neck yourself with an unlicensed butter knife you degenerate scum. I mean that with my whole heart. Fuck you and fuck your ivory tower.

>60~ms ping/w Gbit connection
yeah totally the same as 200mb of data at dial up speeds for 900$

This is your brain on Jow Forums

Satellites

Attached: 1558667642241.jpg (1920x1080, 457K)

wait really only 60ms, not too fuckin bad

That's a lot of space junk in 5 years, how are we going to space when there are millions of bulletspeed junk trapping us here?

We blow that shit up with freaking laser beams

I can only hope. I've only had 2mb internet since 2012. A new provider with fiber internet was about to expand into my town but it got bought out by the bigger ISPs because it threatened the monopolies.

You are underestimating the size of the Earth

megabit or megabyte?
if it's the former, that's really horrible

>Earth Surface area, 510,100,000 m^2
>71% of that is water, making for 147,929,000 m^2 land area
>8 billion humans still can't cover the entire planet
>Surface area at 550km above the surface, 601,932,000M^2
>100% usable.
>Only 12,000 satellites
Yeah we're fine.

>How do you fight space junk?
>By creating more space junk.

>pol okay with this
>angry about 5G

nice consistency

>what is Kessler syndrome
A single satellite collision can create thousands of more pieces of debris, collisions are already not that rare and each new satellite or manned mission has to take all the catalogued objects into consideration, collisions and no-go zones will increasing as debris density also increases, and there's no real good way to clean it up.

Attached: Debris-GEO1280.jpg (1280x1024, 133K)

>One will be put on every corner and is untested.
>Other one is tested well enough and will not be on every corner
Yah. Totaly same things.
Also as representative of pol I have to say that we are not ok with 5g and really suspicious of this.

>implying

Attached: 1558667587452.png (773x37, 23K)

isn't it great?

Attached: starlink sats.webm (1030x720, 1.51M)

>60/12k
>only 199 more trips
so when realistically is it going to be complete

Smaller space junk, shit will just burn up if it falls to earth. Fuck the mars niggers.

Why are the grids moving that way?

You really think that it'll be cheaper , faster, and more relieble than terrestial based internet? lol so naive.
The helium shortage will kill fiber internet.

"6 more launches of 60 sats needed for minor coverage, 12 for moderate."

The FCC is giving them until 2027 to complete. Service will be available for purchase next year, no idea if it will be for consumers that early though
youtu.be/QEIUdMiColU
Efficiency

what are their pricing for internet

better "value" for sure. impossible to say if it's more or less that what you currently have

I'm sure it will vary by region, but the goal is millions of customers across the world even in poor regions like Africa

about 10% of the ISP market by revenue, supposedly (initially)

the last thing I want is 3rd worlders using terrible satellite latency in online games.

it's gonna be great latency. faster than the fastest wired, once they have intersat links. Data travels at c in a vacuum. At like .7 c in fiber. The 550km hops up and down are negligible.

>Internet traffic via a geostationary satellite has a minimum theoretical round-trip latency of at least 477 ms (between user and ground gateway), but in practice, current satellites have latencies of 600 ms or more. Starlink satellites would orbit at 130 to 1105 of the height of geostationary orbits, and thus offer more practical Earth-to-sat latencies of around 25 to 35 ms, comparable to existing cable and fiber networks

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starlink_(satellite_constellation)#Satellite_hardware

>130 to 1105 of the height
Should read 1/30th to 1/105th

>cloud hovers above satellite dish
Heh nothin personnel kid, hope you weren't planning on doing anything important until I decide to leave.

>95 percent of "all components of this design will quickly burn in Earth’s atmosphere at the end of each satellite’s lifecycle"

Well, at least they've thought of the space junk aspect.

rain fade is a meme

next batches onward will be 100%
spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/aerospace/satellites/spacex-claims-to-have-redesigned-its-starlink-satellites-to-eliminate-casualty-risks

I simply can't imagine how this is going to be sustainable. Sure, he has some memebux to burn through right now but what are the costs of maintaining such a fleet of satellites?

Explain why my internet goes out every time it rains then. I have satellite internet and it goes out when it gets too cloudy.

To make flat earth fags seethe.

Starlink Downlink Satellite-to-User Terminal - 10.7 – 12.7 GHz
Starlink Uplink User Terminal to Satellite - 14.0 to 14.5 GHz

also, basically, the power is high enough that rain fade is a meme for Starlink

I'll believe it when I see it, SpaceseX shill.

even so, you still have 3 9's of uptime in most of the world. Heavy rain isn't that common in the majority of places

>Heavy rain isn't that common in the majority of places
Nigger I live in Florida.

This + remote work has the potential of freeing us from living in pig disgusting cities. I dream for the day I can live in a comfy farm, with a high paying remote job accessed through high-speed satellite internet.

I live in West Texas. Dust storms are common.

>the day
about a year for the constellation to be operational.

Don't you have bigger problems to worry about, like the dreaded Florida man?

dust doesn't cause rain fade.

Of course. Here it is. Any time anyone mentions where they live some smartass always has to comment how much of a shithole it is instead of talking about the subject at hand.

Enjoy your 1200ms latency

this isn’t hueghsnet gramps

> the 550 km hops up and down are negligible

based retard at it again

They are. Your time savings in c-land make up for it. Plus, straight connections with minimal doglegging for long distance.

Irony that flat earth fags have to use these technologies to get their theories out.

It's physics 101, brainlet.

The last thing I want is 3rd worlders using the internet. I remember when getting a ton of views on Youtube was a big normie thing. Now every video has a billion views from all the spics and monkeymen shitting up the internet and comments section even more.

Kind of like how only mexicans play Halo CE now.

Attached: 1410638371060.jpg (180x218, 9K)

550km orbit, brainlet

>Other one is tested well enough and will not be on every corner
sauce on that

Literally not a competition to submarine fibre cables, FTTH and coming 5G networks. Can't wait for Muskfags to get BTFO.

Speed of light is just around 300km per second in a vacuum, if the satellite is 550 km above earth, it takes more than 2 seconds just for fucking propagation delay to the satellite and back. It will be shit.

Attached: 1320106754262.png (179x180, 32K)

>300km per second
I really really really really hope you’re trolling

>doesn't affect most places
>b-but what about me
Maybe don't make everything about yourself every time then.

Bruh

Also, physical location of servers is a huge part of what can make a service fast vs. slow, like how video games with players all over the world have servers in different locations, its for speed. Distance around the earth is what, 40,000 km? Propagation delay from the satellites alone will make them completely unusable unless your a 3rd world that doesn't even have internet access currently.

>2356km to the gateway
Based retard

he was only off by a few orders of magnitude

Attached: a.png (723x627, 104K)

Bent pipes, they’re negligible.

nevermind you're right im retarded, I thought the original post said 550k km as in 550,000. 550 is negligible I'm wrong.

PLEASE tell me what country you are from

There will be multitudes of gateways on the ground. there’s an FCC permit for a boatload already

>implying the danger of space junk is contact with the atmosphere

This.

Literally not even remotely interested.

Attached: lmfao.png (1280x1420, 292K)

it’s ok user we all make mistakes

You're slow I already explained myself here friend :^)

>60 ms
damn that's great

meant to quote

pretty sure it's fine or they wouldn't be doing it

>muh gaymes
fuck off

>downstream blockchain
Just another attempt to turn grain into BTC

between the ground and the satellite is not a vacuum though, would be great if you lived in fucking space

sub 50ms London to New York ie

I wonder what the price will be like once it gets available to regular consumers, this shit's great.
Can't believe I'm actually more likely to get to use Musk's sat internet than my shithole country getting me a proper infrastructure for internet, even the 4g is complete fucking trash

considering the fact that comcast has so much power
i wont be suprised if they fucking lobby the shit out of it at the fcc to ban it

Every object larger than 10cm can be tracked from Earth.

Every new satellite put into orbit must be capable of putting itself out of orbit. This capability can also be used for simple object avoidance.

Space is fucking large, see What's really the problem is things like nuts and bolts, small fragments of paint, ect... Basically everything smaller than 10 cm

Wow, the latency would be astronomical

Attached: 1552870913927.jpg (590x475, 40K)

first customers will be Canada and northern underserved parts of the US, sorry might have to wait a couple more years

There are accidental satellite collisions that are not foreseen. These cause unprecedented amounts of dangerous debris that often cannot be tracked reliably. These incidents didn't need to happen if we kept better track of our decommissioned satellites. Countries such as old soviet or Indian satellites are mostly forgotten and are still traveling at extremely fast speeds even now.

More info (also you can rotate the earth it’s a webgl element or whatever)
starlink.com

The antenna is supposed to cost less than $200. It may sound expensive, but SpaceX's phase array antenna would be very cheap and one of a kind. Standard phased array antenna costs thousands. On top of that, I think the monthly might be competitive with what's available today, probably ~$40-$100 for gigabits.

I don't know, but if you have even just 10 million users paying 50 dollars a month, in 12 months you've made 6 billion. This has the potential to have 100s of millions of users across the globe. How much does it cost to launch a few satellites?

keep in mind the plan is to completely deorbit and replace the fleet every five or so years.
For these initial 60, the per sat cost is a couple hundred thousand. That will only go down

WRONG.

youtube.com/watch?v=QEIUdMiColU

>60ms latency!
ok, but what happens to that once you multiplex thousands of people onto a single satellite?

Viasat has JUST 3 satellites in geosync orbit. They have half a million customer and provides 25mbps(and upto 100mbps) down/3mb up

You won’t. That’s not the use case; These are for underserved rural areas, boats, planes, stuff like that

WRONG. Starlink is for all, the initial few hundreds will be used for baking into traditional hotspots for more coverage, but later will cover the entire earth and give access to anyone on earth whether they are on a plane/boat/rural/city.

Cheaper than maintaining a global network of undersea cables.

Also better ping at lower cost compared to cable
>BR BR can now scream hue hue while fragging you with no lag