So this is the power of Linux gaming

so this is the power of Linux gaming...

Attached: 1554313431212.jpg (800x600, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

armagetronad.org
reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/9ahnfn/skyrim_on_linux_just_got_easier_with_steamplay/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck off boomer, now we have real games on Linux

Attached: 1555635068570.gif (652x562, 626K)

armagetronad.org

Sadly yes
Basically Linux gaming is perpetually stuck around late 90s and early 2000s

Attached: KRR6e125c_WolfenDoom.jpg (630x354, 41K)

lol

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-24 ProtonDB Gaming reports for Linux using Proton and Steam Play.png (790x323, 64K)

>Basically Linux gaming is perpetually stuck around the golden era of games
neat

This but unironially

neat, only if you like living in the past and retro gaming is your thing.

Whats the name of vidya?

dont bully gnu games

Attached: 800px-0AD_Screenshot.jpg (800x448, 285K)

are you confusing linux gaming with foss gaming?

Attached: 764712349694943.png (776x1090, 1.46M)

Tux Racer

The only good games made since then are homages to those games.

The problem is that you're not gonna attract new people into linux gaming with self delusional buzzwords such "the golden era of gaming" and if you show them shitty sprite mods from the 90s, especially now that PS5 and Next-Gen Xbox is around the corner.

Fuck off, idiot.
Also:
NOT THIS FUCKING STUPID THREAD AGAIN?

The point of my picture was to show that already more than half of the most popular games on Steam run either natively or without any major problems on Linux, user. That includes both older classics and popular new games.

>The point of my picture was to show ....

Then you fail miserably

zero-K is better

Only if you're blind, since that's exactly what's in the picture.

Mindless repetition is a symptom of forum rot. I've seen is on Reddit, Tumblr, and even here. Reddit will fucking show the same articles, pictures or whatever and just spam that shit for over a year. People just don't understand that something can't be funny mindlessly repeat it over and over again. I mean just look at Monty Python quotes. People used to spoute that shit over and over again and it eventually wore on people. Same with fiesta cat, or image macros or any joke ever. This board used to be about guro.... But after that it is about anime and technology!!!, Working together!

I'll never really be like that here again though. 2003-2006 was the perfect storm, a perfect place for communities to form. Now it's time for a new age.

That turd in the picture is exactly that, a turd

tux kart is epic though. just completed the story mode.

... Proton is a turd? Did you quote the right post?

I don't care about attracting more people.

Linux users:
>I DONT WANT TO ATTRACT MORE PEOPLE
Also Linux users:
>STOP BEING A WINJEET/MACTODDLER AND INSTALL GANOO SLASH LINCUX

Attached: IMG_6281.gif (220x123, 113K)

>here is a list of games may or may not work on Wine
ftfy

>user discovers that communities are not hiveminds

>here is a list of games that do work on Proton
ftfy

What are some non-Steam games that actually work with Wine? The WineHQ database is a fucking mess of outdated information.

The song comes into my head sometimes lol

The thinking man's games.

Attached: 2018-10-09-tux-games.png (960x641, 865K)

Do you think Tux games are some sort of a joke?
Just look at this GPU performance!

Attached: embed.png (1000x1000, 100K)

damn. that game must have good graphics

>dota 2
>portal 2
>dark souls III
>natural selection 2
>left 4 dead 2

kepp talking retard

Attached: gundoge.jpg (320x224, 12K)

Are there any extra steps to modding Oblivion and Skyrim on Linux?

reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/9ahnfn/skyrim_on_linux_just_got_easier_with_steamplay/

>implying tux race wasn't good
0/10 b8

holy fuck

why would you ever game on linux. If you're gonna be an autist freetard at least have the sense to dual boot for your gaymez.

Hi Microsoft.

Attached: artbsod.jpg (620x465, 71K)

Why not?

Attached: sm.jpg (1920x1200, 900K)

And that's a good thing.

being this new

How many times has this thread been reposted?

based

Please don't play proprietary games, or use proprietary DRM services like steam, or use proprietary locked-down game consoles. They are all the enemy of your freedom.

>REEEEEE U CANT HAVE FUN BECAUSE MUH FREEDOM, I AM THE ULTIMATE AUTHORITY ON WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE AND PRODUCTS YOU OWN BLURGGHHHH
>inb4 any of the following cope: "muh gayming", "seething", "go back to v/reddit"

Attached: 1536238609_lbGIDG3.jpg (914x600, 119K)

nah, i will.

Burn it all down and don't start again.

I must be god since I get 120fps in supertuxcart on my vega56.

Or it mightbe my freebsd.

you need to set graphics effects to ultimate

But they're fun

cope

cope

cope

cope

You can have fun without giving up your freedom. The only people who will insist otherwise are the proprietary games companies who try to say you need to buy their harmful products if you want to have fun.

The only thing you will lose is your own freedom

I can have fun without paying $60 for a game, but if I want to pay $60 for a game and have fun playing it that's my right too.

That, my dear user, is true freedom.

"Freedom" is a placebo effect that blocks you from enjoying the fruits of modern day technological advancement for no good reason. Giving "freedom" this massive platform of importance is a coping mechanism to distract yourself from how much you are missing out on.

Payment isn't the issue. You can pay for open source games if you want, but you won't because you've already decided that your freedom doesn't matter, and in fact it matters so little that you'll pay for the privilege of having it removed.

>You need to buy these loot boxes and DRM shit otherwise you are "missing out" on the latest pointless timesink that has no practical value
The term for this is "FOMO" and it is a commonly abused marketing technique, look it up

It is specifically the freedom from those "fruits of modern day technological advancement" that I seek.

Attached: 1552310252366.gif (200x150, 546K)

Then you can go live in the woods.

I already do live in the woods. Why are you city dwellers so happy to submit yourselves to the botnet?

I dunno, I feel just as free both before and after I spend money on a game. I also buy Kindle editions of books.

Access to city water and I don't have to shop at Dollar General.

>He doesn't live next to an unpolluted freshwater river
Disgusting

>Tuxkart
>RTX 2080 Ti
>88fps

Attached: 1396743832621.jpg (214x311, 19K)

We go to war with the water we have, not the water we wish we had.

I doubt that. Most proprietary game companies at this point have done abusive things such as shutting down multiplayer servers with no warning, breaking mod compatibility, forcing mandatory patches that remove features, etc. This is standard behavior of games companies in 2019. If any of this has happened to you, it's because the company assumes total control of the software, granting you no freedom. None of these problems can be fixed from the customer's perspective unless the source code is available under a license that grants them freedom.

>>You need to buy these loot boxes and DRM shit otherwise you are "missing out" on the latest pointless timesink that has no practical value
Most video games do not have this. Only free (gratis) video games have this as they still need to make a profit somehow. And you can avoid DRM issues completely by playing on console and buying only physical copies. Your blind assumption and generalisation here is a massive reflection of how ignorant you are.

....and I ain't hating it!

I agree that stuff is undesirable, but it will likely continue until the market effects change.

>I buy EA, Activision, and Ubisoft games
Literally off yourself.

The physical copies are still proprietary and do not provide source code, also all modern game consoles include DRM in the hardware, so your post is wrong.

>they still need to make a profit
I would rather they didn't.

I advocate for market change by promoting freedom.

Good for you - I wish you all the best. I'll be over here freely enjoying spending money on things that spark joy.

Video games *need* to be propietary and have DRM in order for their creators to make money. There is no middle ground. This is why a fully FOSS world will never happen.

Cool story bro, don't you have some battlestation threads to post in to show off your sweet new gaymen keyboard?

And why the fuck should I want to play anything else?

Attached: 1507296390415.jpg (1396x700, 438K)

That isn't true, but if it was, I would have no problem with that.

If something needs to remove freedom in order to make money then it shouldn't be tolerated in a free society.

play Hedgewars.

Cope yet again, I see.
If a small indie team creates a video game, they charge a small price for it, and they don't release the source code because they'd rather not have someone change like one line of code and upload it to GitHub for free, then are they evil for doing that? Or do they maybe just want to make some money off of a product they created and reserve all rights to?

>then are they evil for doing that?
Yes. However Github is also evil, reminder they are owned by microsoft and a core part of their strategy is to keep competitor's prices down.

>Or do they maybe just want to make some money off of a product they created and reserve all rights to?
It's fine if they want to make money, however reserving all rights for themselves removes the rights of the customer, so they are incompatible with free societies.

Is capitalism compatible with free societies?

Yes, but proprietary closed source software isn't capitalism, it's state-enforced monopolies AKA communism.

What's capitalism?

An economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state.

Based. I recently bought this chinkshit LDK Game handheld thingy and slapped some freedom respecting firmware on it. Never has gaming been more ethical.
What do you use for games? It's hard to find decent hardware for this sort of stuff.
By the way, please visit the /lv/ (libre vidya) board on 8 chan. We really need more people on there.

Gaming on GNU Linux

Attached: .jpg (1920x1080, 265K)

ETS is top comfy.

Attached: .jpg (1920x1200, 443K)

yeah this looks like linux to me

Giving people the right to copy and repost the source code from any copy they have defeats the entire purpose of them making money from their software in the first place.
But the fundamental flaw with capitalism is that it enables massive corporations to create monopolies at all. With communism, the only "state-enforced monopoly" I could think of would be a centralised producing and distribution system for common neccessities such as food and housing which freely and equally distributes these neccessities to citizens, which is actually a very good thing as it prohibits corporations from creating monopolies on neccessities for living AKA blocking freedom.