Any lineage users here? How well made is it?

Any lineage users here? How well made is it?

Im considering switching off from android. Im a normie when it comes to mobile os, all i need is a web browser and whatsapp to run.

My phone is Sony Xperia m4 aqua. Their official hardware support list has only Sony Xperia m4. Is it the same type? Will it work or should i not even try?

Attached: lineageos-15.1.png (854x581, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sourceforge.net/projects/havoc-os/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How well made is it?
official is gud, unofficial is pajeet shit that barely works
>Im considering switching off from android
lineage is android
>all i need is a web browser and whatsapp to run.
both run fine without googleshit

I'm using it on my axon 7. I had some issues before, like Bluetooth crashed my phone a few times and my maps randomly stopped working for a bit (just had to use Waze for a while), other than that its pretty good.

I have had a few times though where I took my phone out of my pocket and it was off or had reset itself. Not sure what thats about.

>Im considering switching off from android
I'd consider switching off from life if i were you.

M4 is the same as M4 aqua.
ALSO I cannot find anywhere, that LineageOS is supported on M4.
In general about LineageOS: expect low photo quality - this is typical for all non-stock based ROMs on all phones (manufacturers have developed better drivers for camera sensors which are not present in custom ROMs). Typically everything else works fine if it is official build.

>How well made is it?
>official is gud, unofficial is pajeet shit that barely works
I fucked up and got a chinkphone that doesn't have official lineage support. Only official alternative seems "Havoc-OS". Does anyone here use this rom?
>sourceforge.net/projects/havoc-os/

Attached: https---raw.githubusercontent.com-Havoc-OS-android_vendor_extras-pie-XDA-Images-Havoc_Logo.png (400x400, 6K)

Oh this and SuperiorOS, I forgot to add.

Bare bones standard official lineageos just werks.
Any customized and bloated shit just doesn't work.

It's not black and white. It depends on the particular device.

I'm on lineage. Never had any problems. Don't install Google apps. Don't forget the root add-on.

>Im considering switching off from android.

Attached: 1530458665821.gif (320x240, 1.99M)

Security bloated updates

it's still android

Protip: Buy officiallycsupported device

Sure, but devices usually take a long time to get support. The only ones who get it right away are OnePlus, Pixels and Motorolas - which, fair enough, are all good phone brands.

no, this board is filled with consumer NPCs

Havoc os is good I find it better than other custom rom

there's not enough customization, resurrectionremix has many more options
if there's a way to get that, or something equal to it, on lineage, clue me in

consider switching to google phones, or other phones with a more closer to stock experience

Still no ROMS for Moto G7 Power

>buying anything without official lineage support
dumb cucks

I'm on LineageOS. 10/10 would recommend

Using it on my Moto X4 right now, I find it's much faster than stock.

LineageOS often does not have much (if any) considerations for security, and in some cases has dishonestly taken code from other projects. Great for keeping your old phone going though. So I guess it has that going for it?

Just try it for yourself. If you don't like it switch back to whatever you like.

desu i've had pretty shit experiences even with official builds for my chinkphone.

I'm running it on a Mix 2s. Better battery life than Xiaomi.eu, 0 chink telemetry, only regular burger botnet.

i'm tempted to do it to my s9 to get the exynos chip to run as well as the snapdragon but it'd do nothing but appease my special snowflake syndrome and the last time I flashed lineage was on my htc m8 and it ruined the audio to such an extent that I just could not use it for music anymore
plus if you root a samsung you lose all the worthwhile shit like samsung pay so I don't think it's worth it

I'm using it on a Mi A2. I didn't want to keep it one second with the stock google botnet so I flashed Havoc on it as soon as it got out of the box.
The plan was to use it until official Lineage+MicroG was released, but I haven't found anything wrong with it so I might keep it. MicroG works, location services work, OTA works, they even started packing TWRP with the rom so you don't have to bother with A/B partition deleting it after updates.
The only known issue so far is WiFi dropping it seems. I have two wireless routers, it sometimes stops connecting to one (tp link) until I reboot, always working with the second (tp link but running lede).

Eh, the least amount of botnet if you go with microG.

Maybe for a newer phone, my Samsung note 3 does better with lineage 14 running android 7.1, YMMV

>2019
>still playing with cyanogenmod

have sex