Systemd or other?

Reinstalling Jow Forumsentoo, I need to pick an init system.
What reasons should/shouldn't pick systemd?
Are there any actual downsides or is it all bs?

Attached: Systemd-vs-openRC-730x430.jpg (730x430, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

SysV is fine.

Use systemd
Absolutelly nothing wrong with it and it's open source

Welcome to the botnet

What makes it botnet?

without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd

It has hardcoded fallback entries for DNS, and in this case, they use googles DNS servers. So how is it not botnet?

Not to mention the integrated fucking webserver in a goddamn init system

Why not configure DNS servers though? It won't connect to Google DNS servers then.

Osung systemd on gentoo... Bitch please...

Why does an Init script need a DNS resolver? Why not start the resolver at the right time like an init script should?

install sysvinit if you want to fuck with it for a bit but then never have it break
install systemd if you want a more out of the box setup but have it break randomly for no reason

if you didn't configure your DNS settings then there should be blank entries just like it always has been since the introduction of DNS

I don't know why they've decided on that but seems like it isn't a major issue at all.

Never had any issues with systemd, initd or sysinit
They are all do the same thing who cares

Well I'm already using it on all my servers (centos)

>major issue at all.
it is
Systemd writen in cooperation of evil and stuped people

>it is
In what way? If you've configured other DNS services, the Google ones won't be used. Doesn't seem like a huge deal.
>stuped people
hah

It is a major issue. The Unix way is to have many small processes that intercommunicate, not these huge monolithic userland programs that do everything.
It's that way for a reason.

We were talking about NSA botnet stuff though. Having Google DNS servers as fallback doesn't seem like a major issue in that regard.

Ah, I see. The "botnet" is a Jow Forums meme, newfriend.

I know, but sometimes it's interesting to hear what sort of botnet-y behaviour these complete botnets have.

systemd, just to piss off Jow Forumstards.