Do you love raspberry pi laptop?

do you love raspberry pi laptop?
>no botnets, malware free
>only 10 $

Attached: eIjfuKC.jpg (1500x1000, 1.41M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4QX-YatqLfQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>no games

except it's not $10

Emulators up the n64, psx gen, plus a lot of open source games run great. Tbh this is enough gaming for atleast 20 years (asumming you only play single player/non replaylable games

While you do need to go back to ASAP, Rpis can play something like 180k games. They are just older ones that any potato can play/emulate.

>only 10 $

What currancy? Because, "Raspberry Pi 3B+, an Adafruit 5" HDMI display, Pimoroni Phat Stack (with a bonnet or two), Adafruit Powerboost 1000C, a 12000mAh LiPoly battery, and /u/pyrocrastinator's Alpha keyboard pcb (complete with reject v1 Zealios and a vomit DSA set)—all in an old Mahjong case from Goodwill," seems like a lot more than that.

You can still play multiplayer games; be those split screen or lan.

>No Botnet
The Pi literally requires proprietary firmware to boot up
>Only $10
Raspberry Pi, power bank, keyboard, display and case will cost a lot more than that, it'd probably be cheaper to just buy a ThinkPad

Cute

Isn't just the raspberry like $30? And that screen probably more.

YO NIGGA THAT'S A BOMB

Cool clock, Ahmed.

>no botnets
>broadcomm

These.

Cool Micronta Clock innards in a pencil case, Clockmed.

Wanna bring it to the idiocracy house?

>$10 for a pi, a lcd screen, a battery, a keyboard and cables
find me this then we can talk

>only 10 $
too mach

Attached: wantTHIS.jpg (1416x1424, 446K)

ya a raspi itself is like twice that

Nice computer op
How did you get this keyboard?
Seem build yourself

yea youre right its only 5 dollars

>no botnet
it has closed source bootloader you faggot

Now that there is a way to run it with 100% free software (drivers and below) yeah

Really? That would increase my interest levels significantly.

reminds me of my 9th grade science fair project. I took a Timex Sinclair 1000 out of it's case, hacked together a full physical keyboard using a replacement TI 994A keyboard I got from Radio Shack, coded a rudimentary OS and burned it to EEPROM to replace the one it came with, and built a 64K expansion with plans I got from an old issue of Timex Sinclair User magazine.

1986/87 was a great time in my life.

Attached: tsuser-7.jpg (375x492, 43K)

Still botnet bootloader tho

I mean this is garbage, but i can see more hackable ARM based laptops appearing. Along the lines of Pine's computers. System 76 are rumored to be working on something ARM based among others.

I'm willing to be that Purism are going to launch say a 11" ultraportable integrating the work they did for the phone.

>playing modern games
With the exception of Souls series i don't remember good games worth playing in the last 3 years.

This shit probably can't even run oldschool runescape

youtube.com/watch?v=4QX-YatqLfQ

man that's cool, I wish I could have done things like this in high school, or now in uni

Wow, it's almost like you can open a text editor on that!

kek kek
>when thinkpads are too mainstream.

everything is entirely too complex for that sort of thing these days.

The OS I coded took up 8K but in reality it was more like a demo than anything else. Enough to show that I was able to accept input, move some things on the screen and anything else I Was able to hack together. I had every book on the Z80A processor and TS1000/XZ81 I could find and spent every last dime I had earned from cutting grass and shoveling snow on blank 8K EPROMS, all the parts I needed for the RAM expansion, and borrowed a spare EPROM eraser and a burner from a guy on the other end of my street that was in an Atari users group with me (he was an electronics repairman by day and hobbyist after work).

I don't see anyone doing that kind of stuff anymore.

Pic related, see how simple that thing is? Today your toaster probably has more computing power.

Attached: ts1000-pcb1.jpg (750x750, 69K)

Isn't that one not the EPROM tho? Where's the 'window'?

>thinkpads
propellered dustattractor, personal heater, overpriced battary

Attached: DISGUST.jpg (450x437, 55K)

>(((broadcom)))
>no botnets
kek.

Would that get me laid at comicon?

>With the exception of Souls series
Imagine having taste this bad

Attached: disgust2.jpg (453x439, 59K)

Can believe that America bought that chicanery.

that's a pic of a stock board. I have no pics of mine with a fresh EPROM in it. I think my mother might actually have the blue ribbon I won for it though.

Funny thing, I literally just found out there's been number of new OS ROMS made for the TS1000/ZX81 while searching for that pic. I didn't know anyone still developed anything for that old machine.

To some people, being able to emulate 20 year old games don't even really count. Not to judge the games or those who like them, just that someone who plays DOTA 2 and Counter Strike is going to wonder where that level of gameplay is if they were stuck with one of these for games. But I'd be surprised if someone out there has a raspberry pi as their only computer not counting hardlocked restricted cancerphones

There's a reason that baboon was followed by Trump.

would be a good idea to make a bunch of those for some people in my old poor village with no computers

A hat in time is comfy and cute af desu

six core a55 Pi when?

>that framerate

can someone post a tentative parts list for the OP's pic

Perfect thing to get the cops called on you or barred from flying.

Why would the cops be barred from flying?

Yeah, today everything is too advanced to dive so directly into low levels like that. But I love this stuff, and doing some assembly programming by myself while studying Computer Engineering. Hopefully I can land a job where I can actually operate on chips exactly as you did there.

Good luck running that on a pi zero.

It's just a clock.

>good games
>souls series
you can suck a fat dick, man

You'd have missed your flight by then.

based

Here's a more polished one.

Attached: writeotron.jpg (3000x1688, 1.06M)

Actual cutie.

Attached: 1557201885092.jpg (609x670, 66K)

>purpose built for writing
>PISS DISGUSTING "KEYBOARD"

lmao, you had one job.

>cheap wood stained to look like walnut
this shouldn't trigger me so much but it does.
also any high-gloss wood finish is vomit-tier... satin is the shiniest wood should ever get.

>put the display on the bottom half
>get rid of the palm rest in the process
>the keyboard is garbage
>huge font size to fit 4 words worth of text at a time on a tiny display
>needs a touchpad for some reason
This thing fails in every single aspect.

Where's the P key??

nice clock

are you fucking retarded?
no one "plays games" on a 3-inch screen

Attached: 1557362418908.jpg (768x768, 104K)