Why don't you use a real operating system, like Windows or Mac OS, Jow Forums? Why do you bother with inferior...

Why don't you use a real operating system, like Windows or Mac OS, Jow Forums? Why do you bother with inferior. hobbyist operating systems?

Attached: 1546495462654.jpg (1920x1080, 217K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Microsoft/calculator
opensource.apple.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you don't you buy bad dragon dildos? why do you bother with your inferior toilet paper roll and cucumber, basically inferior penetrating device?

That's not an answer.

but it's how retarded you sound.

Sure, I will use those operating systems. Go ahead and post the link to their source code OP so I can make some builds for my system.

Tell you what. Give me the source code to your car and I'll give you the source code to Windows.

Because computing is my hobby, therefore it makes sense to use a hobbyist OS that also happens to let me get work done

I don't own a car. You can go ahead and post the Windows source code anyway though.

>I don't own a car

I'd ask if you own a bike or shoes so you can trade that source code, but...........

I do.

I repair bikes and shoes myself, so it is actually very practical for me to own those. Those are things you can even learn to do, in an hour less. Now where is that source code?

not interested in how practical it is for you to own them. I'm interested in if you do own them.

>so I can make some builds for my system.
You don't have too. They have installers, you know.

github.com/Microsoft/calculator

Checkmate.
This have to be enough for now.

I'm not telling you what I own because it's none of your business. Now post source code please.

*You don't have to

>hurr durr builds for my system
Hey retard. Did you request the raw source code of the Linux kernel, GNU programs, Xorg, alsa, and a myriad of other things, so you could "make some builds for your system"?

The installer likely does not let me configure and control all aspects of the system.

I tried to compile that but saw no way to do it without installing a closed source OS and a bunch of other closed source components, so I gave up.

I didn't have to request the source code, it was already available. But yes I have compiled all of those for myself.

okay
opensource.apple.com/

That's great but there appear to be many key components missing, so that isn't adequate for building a complete operating system. If you built all those you would be left with something that doesn't really resemble macOS.

>I tried
>I failed

You asked for source code, you got it.
Why do you want source code of entire OS if you cant even compile single program from this OS...

Specifically, what are you missing? How do you think the unofficial OS X ports exist? Especially the PPC -> x86 ones.

That source code is a bait-and-switch to get me to install more closed source components. So no I won't be falling for that, thanks.

None of the Core libraries are there so you will have problems getting 99% of native mac programs to work.

>None of the Core libraries are there so you will have problems getting 99% of native mac programs to work.
That's not true, but it's also not what you asked for.
Nothing prevents you from using those libs on top of your custom built OS if you want to use Apple's proprietary software. Not everyone does, hence Darwins existence. But even if you where arguing for an OS+Apple software (which isn't what you asked), that's do-able through not just 1, but multiple projects now. Just has been the case with the WINAPI.

I don't think you actually know what you're talking about and are just trying to argue to waste people's time.

Dragon dildos are so 2014

>Not everyone does
Even when using Apple's distribution a lot of people use mostly OSS anyway. I don't know where >99% of native mac programs
is coming from.

Attached: ben sans mio.png (1280x800, 169K)

>real operating system
>Windows 10 logo

Attached: 1553129493657.png (321x321, 7K)

But that is exactly what I asked for, stop moving the goalposts. Those are part of the OS, they are required for native programs to work.

There are Cocoa programs that aren't closed source, but the only option to run them on a non-closed-source system is to use GNUstep. Which is actually a fine option sometimes but obviously not for someone who wants "the mac experience". My point is that there is no source code for this, and so a user who wants that experience while also retaining control of their system is SOL.

>But that is exactly what I asked for, stop moving the goalposts. Those are part of the OS, they are required for native programs to work.
You're contradicting yourself. Things like a specific DE are NOT part of the OS, that's part of the distribution. What you're doing is the equivalent of saying something isn't an OS because Gnome isn't preinstalled. Is Arch an OS?

The last part is just objectively wrong. Darwin binaries, are darwin binaries. They're ABI compatible. They have to be, how do you think non-OS X users compile OS X software? Why does a binary from OS X work on my own compiled version?

I stand firm on my assumption. You have no clue what you're talking about.

>Cocoa programs
Now you're being ridiculous. Third party programs are most certainly not part of the OS either. Windows isn't an OS because Steam doesn't come preinstalled.
Your whole perspective seems arbitrary.

Yeah but have you considered
>Apple bad!

Attached: CLANG LLVM.jpg (1920x1080, 1.18M)

It could easily be argued that MacOS isn't a "real" OS either. So much shit doesn't work on it or isn't available, including hardware, software and games.

Attached: isheep.jpg (600x337, 41K)

>Tips fedora
"/Thread pleb. Your proprietary software is laughable in the face of Linux. Or, rather, gnu/linux. Haven't you heard? If you use Windows X or Mac then you are clearly not Jow Forums material. Now go back to your casual Razer laptop running WinX and talk to me when you use a real OS like Arch, or even Gentoo."

>The absolute state of Jow Forums
>Ignores the fact that a WinX System/Powershell Engineer makes upwards of 100K USD
>No one will ever need your skills on an enterprise level if you don't humble your neckbearded greasy ego and learn a practical that literally 80% of the professional world uses

>Install a macos binary on my home built darwin system
>Try to run it
>It doesn't work because CoreFoundation.framework not found

I also stand firm that you are moving the goalposts, and I won't follow you down that hole. Darwin is not macOS, they are different things, trying to claim "macos is open source because darwin is open source" is nonsense. And yes Arch is an OS.

Engineers with RHEL certifications are paid more

Not entirely true.
>RHEL

i do though

Attached: 8BE75D94-816B-460C-94AB-243828503062.jpg (1920x1080, 227K)

Just use a hackintosh desu.

Nice.

Muh console wars.

Viral marketing is so unconvincing.

Once Windows terminal releases I have zero reason to use linux

>I also stand firm that you are moving the goalposts
Why even pretend when everyone can just read the replies?
>Sure, I will use those operating systems. Go ahead and post the link to their source code OP so I can make some builds for my system.

This is where the goalpost was changed first
>If you built all those you would be left with something that doesn't really resemble macOS.
From OS -> macOS specifically, but this was disproved anyway.
The trend continues of you inching back.
>I want the OS source code so I can build it
>>here you go
>I also want Aqua
>>okay
>I also want thrid party applications
>>okay
>It's not actually Apple branded and build OS X though so it doesn't count now
Come on now. You're joking.

Fuck...