Have you ever wondered why you spend so much time of your worthless existence in this cesspool

instead of having intelligent conversations in Hacker News?

hn.premii.com/
hckrnews.com/
hackerweb.app/
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.github.hidroh.materialistic&hl=en_US
riskfirst.org/2019/05/14/Hacker-News

Attached: 1 F9RzuXseG1VrTjFJd403gw.png (474x400, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

n-gate.com/hackernews/
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=19542379
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=20003574
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=19980758
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Uh, no thanks.
n-gate.com/hackernews/

HN has turned into a neo-marxist shithole as of late

literally every 4th post is crying about how unfair wage inequality is or SJW idpol

this website is also really stupid as bad as HN is, it's just some random fucktard offering his dumb (often wrong) opinions about articles and comments

meta is not a useful or interesting characteristic

Odd, I find OSnews is like that. Thom is a flaming yuropoor faggot though, so can't be helped.

At least it's marginally funny, absolutely unlike HN.

HN isn't intended to be funny though. And that's unironically A Good Thing (tm)

As soon as you combine humor + upvotes you get reddit, which is horrible.

You just described the entire western world.

Hacker news is too political and left leaning.
It's Jow Forums where you can find true free speech and no one will judge you based on your real identity and previous posts. Also voting is pure normalfag pandering and encourage herd mentality. I prefer places where every post have equal importance and no one subconsciously suggest you who is right or wrong.
Being too serious no-fun-allowed also puts me off.

>HN isn't intended to be funny though
I understand this, but there's unintentionally funny, irony, concealed jokes, etc. - all of these conspicuously missing from HN. All things that might contain the tiniest bit of joy apparently wink out of existence.
It's like being locked in a room full of lawyers for the next centillion years.

HN is hilarious, you aren't reading it right.
>Ask HN: How to get funding for a stealth startup
>Ask HN: Comprehensive guides for what to do in a post-climate-change world?
>Ask HN: Preparing for YC interview, which one-liner do you think is the best?

HN is an sjw site though so how can it be intelligent?

I'm just saying, I would rather have no humor at all if tired reddit jokes from 2007 and cringe puns are the alternative. The type of humour you're describing -- irony, concealed jokes, self-referential meta, etc, usually doesn't get very upvoted because it's more subtle so all you're left with is shitty puns or "AND MY AXE xD" type posts.

No wonder when someone asks for a decent subs suggestions they send him to r/TrueReddit which is exactly that, a neo-marxist shithole. many HN poster come from this sub and vice-versa.

oh and Vegetarian/Vegan as-well

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=19542379

While I agree on the political and left leaning part, Jow Forums has a terrible community that is largely uneducated and young. The advantage of hackernews is that you have everything from everyday software engineers, to people in academia, to semi large company founders regularly posting on there. It is definitely left-leaning, in fact, it's a pretty good mirror of the typical silicon valley mindset. But Jow Forums is a cesspool and you'll struggle to find worthy posts past all the memes, faggotry and general childish, amateur nature of the community

I agree.
However I still prefer to spend my time among nazis and incels discussing anything I want while laughing as some inside jokes, than be in a company of successful marxists.

Attached: comment_XQjgdn98mpIa9doGN4kH7VsK6oEYPTcQ.jpg (1000x1000, 172K)

Jow Forums has ruined this board

All comments Copyright © 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2018, 2023 Thomas H. Ptacek, All Rights Reserved.

Attached: wmWHBwO.gif (450x253, 401K)

Have you ever wondered why your parents didn't have you aborted instead of having a child with down syndrome?

>Intelligent Conversation
>Criticism of China, leftism and Jews is strictly forbidden and will result in permanent hellbans unless you suck the moderator's dick and promise to be a good boy

Yeah right. It's good to skim to keep your pulse on industry events but that's about it.

Fuck off nigger

My project was being discussed on HN yesterday and it wasn't really a bad experience.
The only bad part was getting a bunch of e-mails from uninteresting web tech startups.
I prefer coming here to talk though, since being anonymous is a lot funner.

>instead of having [flagged] [dead]

>How I devised a carbon-neutral autonomous AI system to remove faeces from the sidewalks of San Fransisco using tensor flow and Vim.

oh come on

You prefer here because you can go off and be a snarky dick without any consequences, you can do the same in HN though you need to sacrifice many alt accounts due to down voting, flagging and eventually shadow-banning.

>instead of having intelligent conversations
Nobody goes outside undergrad Textbook content and mostly time are wrong.

Well yeah, what did you think I meant by funner?

HN is filled with neoliberal retards and corporate cocksuckers. It's more insufferable than even reddit.

funny people are saying HN is leftist, there's a lot of people making $500k complaining about homeless people and taxes there

Cultural leftism with globalist liberalism, basically the worst of both.

thats because there is a literal epidemic of feces and needles on the streets and ancient diseases resurging because of the retarded lefty policies in california

I wouldn't go that far
Take for example this recently flagged post (Trump Administration Proposes Rollback of Transgender Protections)
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=20003574

Now go on reddit and search for the same NYT link

HN comes to be AnCaps/libertarians/Randians but with social justice as mask, heavy pro LGTB but anti unions, anti racist but hate H1B slaves.

kek
Basically every HN post ever. Well, at least the ones that actually talk about technology and not leftard bullshit.

They managed to pick the worst of every house, that takes merit.

You seem to be lost. This is the technology board. The racism board is over at

Um, excuse me sweetie but can you actually not post comics from a LITERAL nazi. Like, can we actually fucking not. Thanks.

>libertarian
>worst
Why do you hate freedom?

Attached: NicoBZH_-_Richard_Stallman_(by-sa)_(9).jpg (1688x2535, 1.15M)

yes, just notice how the replies to this are derailed into politics

Not a good look.

They only took the purity spirals from that.
Most of the true libs I know loathe HN these days.

oof

yikes

chief

Have you tried to engage anyone there in a meaningful conversation where you disagree about some topic? You will be shouted down, and their moderator will 'off topic' break your comment so it appears out of context. The place is bullshit.

>If it's not breitbart, Jow Forums, or Trump tweets, it's left-leaning.
The real world is left leaning.

>
lol

Criticism of China is banned here too
Allow me to demonstrate
*ahem*
动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 劉曉波动态网自由门

inb4 public ban

>intelligent conversations in Hacker News
hn is BasedHub deluxe

Don't underestimate Jow Forums. It's definetly not homogeneus and it's hugely popular and people from ALL sorts of backgrounds use it.
If you've been here long enough I'd say you probably talked to someone important.

There was a HN thread about some 3D game someone ported to webassembly and I made a post on there that it was a retarded idea and that nobody wants it. The comment got downvoted to oblivion and eventually flagged. That wouldn't happen here.

Attached: huehue.gif (500x545, 263K)

Attached: IMG_7584.jpg (475x374, 102K)

>"hacker news"
>they only write about social media and ethic diversity, nothing about real hacker stuff

Attached: 1465974917262.gif (245x258, 1012K)

>still better than osnews
>which only mentions os's in the context of how evil white people/multinationals/trump is

They had a threat about an article on the decrease in IQ in western countries.

So they were mentioning things like diets, the effect of CO2 in the atmosphere, etc.

I like watching those retards, they're hilarious.

Ah, I found it

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=19980758

Thank you user, I just needed to read the first comment to see that HN is a shithole.
>REEEEEEEEE Im NoT REetardEd, iQ doesNT MaTTRE WhN Im LOosiNG

Because I am not intelligent.

Attached: 1536494184202.png (850x1150, 270K)

It's just the western part of the world.

>Have you ever wondered why you spend so much time of your worthless existence in this cesspool
Yes
>instead of having intelligent conversations in Hacker News?
No

I've spent more time than 99% of you on Hacker News and fuck HN in general

I just browsed through the HN comments on an article about the security breach at First American and it was a fucking shit show. One guy posted a sensible security precaution (use UUIDs in links so if authentication fails it's difficult to construct valid URLs and download files) and that ended up in a long winded debate by a bunch of fucking morons crying
>BUT UUIDS ARE HARD!!!
It was worse than watching Jow Forums try to FizzBuzz. The majority of people in that conversation have NO BUSINESS calling themselves software engineers or working any where in the IT industry.

And judging from the English they weren't even Pajeets. Fucking hell this industry has gone to SHIT.

Kek, what? I thought everybody already did that, since it makes it much easier to hide the fact that nobody actually uses your startup's worthless service (compared to putting auto-increment numeric IDs in urls, which obviously tells people exactly how many users/posts/etc you've got)

Apparently not. Apparently UUIDs are hard.

One crybaby listed a whole bunch of things that went wrong when he tried to use them on a project, and basically none of those things could be due to UUIDs. Fucking ridiculous.

That site was set up by a mong.

>the real world is so left leaning that we have to ban everyone that disagrees with us from everywhere!

You think people care about security?

That's a pajeet run clickbait "news" site.

Surprisingly it took 8 hours

HN started about a decade ago with Silicon valley frat bois, nowadays however their crowd has been "enriched" with people from all over the world, from my observation mostly europe and asia.