Is there a working "adblock" for Spotify anymore...

Is there a working "adblock" for Spotify anymore? I've had ~40 url's filtered with hosts but it recently stopped working after an update.

It seems spclient.wg.spotify.com is the culprit. Ads are apparently played through that address but denying it in hosts will make the software go cranky as it presumably does a test connect as an anti-adblock measure when it decides it's time for some ads.

Any way around this?

Attached: open-graph-default.png (1200x630, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/abba23/spotify-adblock-linux
forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=1332&t=3138315
github.com/master131/BlockTheSpot
upgrade.spotify.com/upgrade/client/win32-x86/spotify_installer-1.1.4.197.g92d52c4f-13.exe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

github.com/abba23/spotify-adblock-linux
I used this before i went back to using local files because it's the superior music experience. On the rare occasion i want to stream something i'll use mps-youtube

mobile version should work

It's $10/mo. Pay up.

>Note: It currently breaks some functionality (mostly by blocking connections to spclient.wg.spotify.com, which is also used to deliver ads) like the friends activity feed, radio, recently played list and concerts tab.

So it's no different than what I already have, then.

I'm a student, I could get it for five bucks, I think. I don't want to pay either way as I wouldn't get my money's worth, as I listen to music only when I'm drinking beer.

>Any way around this?
Yeah. Storing your music locally or using:
forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=1332&t=3138315
You also finally get extreme audio quality without having a premium account if you just need to use Spotify.

>Storing your music locally or using:
Hard drive space doesn't grow on trees, you know.

>Hard drive space doesn't grow on trees, you know.
Do you usually bring and listen to a hard drive worth of music with you everywhere you go?

No, because I only listen to music on my computer at home.

Being this retarded. Spotify web player with ublock origin. 0ads. I hate summerniggers

>web player
haha what

0 audio ads? Retard.

not him, but does it not work anymore? last time i used it which is some while ago you had zero (audio) ads

I have been paying for Spotify for a long time but I don't remember ad blockers ever blocking audio ads. Can someone with a free account test this out now?

This entire thread is filled with retarded cock gobblers. Shit just works. Like
This user said

My premium ran out months ago but I can still use the web player with ublock yeah, listening right now actually

I got the windows store version before deleting every cancerous thing windows 10 has including store
This + host filters and i never got any kind of ads

If on windows you can use github.com/master131/BlockTheSpot
Repo is archived but it still works, you need to downgrade spotify though (just read the readme), in case the downgrade.bat doesn't work you can download the right version here upgrade.spotify.com/upgrade/client/win32-x86/spotify_installer-1.1.4.197.g92d52c4f-13.exe , install without internet and then run the downgrade.bat so it stops from updating

The things people do to avoid listening to music in good quality in a convenient audio player.

just listen to jazz radio

Oh, you can downgrade. That'll fix the thing. Thanks.

Just roll back to a previous version (I think the 1.0.88) and you'll be fine.

I have a cracked apk, never had to block anything and never heard a single ad

How about you pay its measly monthly cost you loser?

I'd rather use that money to have sex with your mother weekly.

Except you dont even have the money. Did mommy stop your weekly allowance?

Drink more beer

Shots
Fucking
FIRED!

gas yourself, shit smear

How about you pay for it you damn nigger.

Based

On mobile just close and reopen the app

Attached: fag rents music.png (600x600, 110K)

same on a computer

>streaming music

Attached: fc48c04.jpg (1152x648, 43K)

works on linux and when web browsing
don't know any that work in windows app

OP HERE

I'd just like to advertise this. This actually works.

>doesn't know how to download a cracked app
The fucking state of this board

I can't remember the name but there's a really good command line tool on GitHub that auto downloads Spotify playlists. Just do that if you're too poor to pay for a subscription.

>be a old person
>want to listen to muzak
>listen to spotify playlists
old people are fucking weird. just listen to a radio station that plays your kind of music, instead of this weird obsession over specific songs or albums

luckily for you i stole 5 spotify premium accounts and im willing to not share it

good for you champ

give the artists your money, Tyrone.

>making a meme to justify being poor
Sad