youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

CPUs based on current prices
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional). 2400G if you want a CPU which can last into a GPU upgrade
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded use
>9700k - Wait for new patched benchmarks
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper - HEDT

>BE AWARE that Microsoft, Apple, and others recommend disabling hyperthreading on Intel CPUs. Be aware that Intel tried to bribe researchers to delay releasing the vulnerability by an extra 6 months so they could do another stock sell off and release you scam 10th gen CPUs with HT.

>Avoid buying CPUs for the next week as zen 2 based CPUs are being announced in less than 10 days

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+;
> 1660Ti / 1070 / Vega56 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>1070Ti / Vega - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>2070 Overclocked or Radeon VII - Worth considering
>2080Ti - higher framerates
2160p (4k)
>Radeon VII - weaker than 2080ti
>RTX 2080Ti - good, but poor value.

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: being good doesnt matter.png (1322x948, 258K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/PDXtvn
pcpartpicker.com/list/wNBr4q
pcpartpicker.com/list/FKDdyX
pcpartpicker.com/list/wTgc9J
pcpartpicker.com/list/Bmctvn
timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20190527T1015&p0=241&msg=AMD Keynote at Computex 2019&ud=1&font=sanserif
pcpartpicker.com/list/dhQ2vn
youtube.com/watch?v=1BM0P7J1EPM
pcpartpicker.com/list/9jmhhy
pcpartpicker.com/list/WyJWgw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Intel CPUs are big poopoo hehe

16GBs are the recommended now?

Yeah. It's the way of the future.

>friend wants me to help him build computer
>I tell him to get a 2600X, Am4 board, new psu
>someone else convinces him to get a 9400f, cheap RAM and reuse a PRE-BUILT psu.
How long until his computer explodes?

Thanks to whomever commented replied on the last thread. I dropped to a 2600 and upgraded the GPU. I'm mostly going to be doing 3D game design in Unreal Engine 4

pcpartpicker.com/list/PDXtvn

As long as he doesn't get a vega, he is fine.

Attached: pre built.png (147x30, 2K)

I too assemble my PSU from base components.

Imagine not constructing your own capacitors.

>implying
it doesn't matter either way. Pre-built parts are cheap because they're poorly made. I would never put a psu in my comp that I didn't trust, it's asking for trouble.
>They don't source their own silicon and run their own manufacturing plants
cmon STEP UP

when/why would I ever want to upgrade my motherboard?

>ddr standard changes
>pcie bus throughput increases
>new chips have different sockets
you ever use an old computer? If you want a new one you usually have to update your motherboard.

when you need a new CPU is incompatible with the old one and often also comes with a new type of RAM

pcpartpicker.com/list/wNBr4q

I was told to look for a better case because the Corsair - 200R ATX Mid Tower Case was outdated/not good airflow, what would be a good replacement?

Literally nothing wrong with that. Upgraded gpu in a prebuilt, 6 years later still no problems. PSU would have to be a literal firecracker to be a problem.
Ya'll memeing too hard.

Speaking of cases, what are some nice quiet cases without zoomeroid RGB eyerape and transformers styling?
Looking at Fractal R6 atm.

I make my own sand, plebs.

looks mostly fine. just two fans on the side drawing air in. One on top and one in back drawing out.
Yeah upgrading a gpu is different from updating every part on the order of several watts. Why would you cheap out on the psu that's a beginner mistake.

fractwl R4 or R6 are great
ok now THIS is pcbuilding

F R A C T A L
R
A
C
T
A
L

Pic related. I have the R6, no window, blackout edition. Kind of salty that they made a version of this case with USB C headers instead of USB A after I had already purchased mine, but whatever.

Attached: NewGuts.jpg (2048x1536, 939K)

in addition to the fractal cases the nanoxia deep silence 3 is a nice case. Good layout, 3 good fans, insulated, no LED bullshit and an absolute steal if it's still at 60 bucks as it was when i bought it

BeQuiet for maximum quiet. And Fractal for quiet but also budget.

Looks swish af, especially with the murdered out heatsink.
Though I'd probably grab the gunmetal gray one.
That'd the Dark Base line from BQ?
Pretty good, runs for 90€ here which is 2/3 of what you have to pay for an R6.

>That'd the Dark Base line from BQ?
As I remember the BeQuiet 600 or something was the quietest case. But again it's not the best for cooling or the cheapest.

Better ram would help. Too lazy to give you the b-die rant. But your ram is made by a literal "who?" And is the cheapest ram I've ever seen in this climate. Cheap doesn't mean good

Please do give the B-die rant. It's relevant to my interests.
t. other person

Okay, I chose G. Skill and chose a 2600X rather than 2600. Could you also recommend me a nice aesthetic case? I'm ordering everything either tonight or tomorrow! So hype.

pcpartpicker.com/list/FKDdyX

But Zen doesn't need B-Die since last May anymore. That's over a year ago, please stop your dumb rant.
14CL/3200MHz Hynix will work fine and cheaper than slower B-die.

Actually, I'll go with this memory. I'm exceeding $850 limit though

pcpartpicker.com/list/wTgc9J

I just bought a used PNY GTX 1060 6GB (VCGGTX10606PB). I run HeavenBenchmark to test whether everything works fine when I noticed the GPU was boosted up to 1898 Mhz during the bechmark . As far as I know this version only supposed to boost until 1709 Mhz, so after the benchmark finished I took a look at GPU-Z and noticed the BIOS Version seem to differ than the original I can find on the TechPowerUP website (which is either 86.06.39.00.17 or 86.06.0E.00.3A).

Mine is "86.06.63.00.D4" which I found as an unverified BIOS on TechPowerUP.

So my question is, is this something I should worry about? What could have been the reason for the change? Was this card most likely used for mining?

Thank you!

Who was the retard that thought PSUs must go on the bottom?

Attached: 1552676953579.jpg (540x960, 58K)

>14CL/3200MHz Hynix
Show me this magic hynix kit guaranteed to run 3200 CL14.

That RAM is not better.
Get Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200.

the one that thought that maybe having them suck in cold air and expanding their lifespan would be a good thing

I, too, enjoy putting in Astrape PSUs in my system.

Alright, is there any other place to improve? I had thought about getting a 2700X and a 580 to upgrade the GPU later, but someone said I wouldn't need eight cores. Someone also suggested getting a cheaped out AMD processor but I forget which model it was. I also want the best looking cheap case. Thanks for your help.

pcpartpicker.com/list/Bmctvn

Browser with few tabs open, a few other small programs, and one video game open at the same time is enough to put you at or above 8GB RAM used. If you do any gaymen at all, 8GB is simply insufficient and below minimum.

Honestly you should be buying any CPU this close to the next gen. Even if you don't buy a new one, there will be loads of 2600X and 2700X getting dumped on ebay silly cheap.

They could've sucked in cold air from a top mesh. The problem now is you have the PSU on the bottom and the optical drives still at the top, and therefore the CPU cooler behind the optical drives and nothing useful at all in front of the PSU, and it makes airflow far more awkward in my opinion as opposed to having the PSU and optical drives in their own space on top.

>optical drives

Attached: large questioning tiger.jpg (374x356, 18K)

Me.

Are you mentally retarded or just a fucking idiot?

>having an optical drive
>in the year of the Hegira 1440

Any news/leaks on the Ryzen CPUs ? My 4790k is starting to get old so I'd like to upgrade soon.

Announcement Sunday night US time.

>having down syndrome

>They could've sucked in cold air from a top mesh.
TJ08 does that.

So it's a workaround for garbage-tier noname PSUs? I have replaced multiple PSUs because of increased fan noise (bearings wearing out after a few years, around 6-8) but never because it's performance degraded to a point that it becomes unstable. Otoh, a top mounted PSU essentially replaces a case fan, reducing overall noise.

timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20190527T1015&p0=241&msg=AMD Keynote at Computex 2019&ud=1&font=sanserif
exact timer for the AMD keynote

Top mounted PSU radiates heat onto CPU cooler and prevents the mounting of liquid cooling modules, I guess.

When do you expect the new AMD CPUs to be released? I can wait for them, but not that long.

Go for a AsSRock b450m pro4 instead, it's the same motherboard but it's smaller so you can save some money.

Also be ready to fix your RAM in bios regardless because most motherboards will put it to 2400 natively, and you'll want to not miss out on performance.

Also look up ballistix LT sport 3200mhz, it'd be better than 3000 and cheaper.

i'm not expecting anything, i'm waiting for the announcement

Any recommendations on 1080p 144hz monitors?

you looking tn, ips or va?

dont really know much about the differences, looking them up now. It's just for gaming

Thanks.

pcpartpicker.com/list/dhQ2vn

>16:10 will never be the standard aspect ratio again
>normies ruined everything again
I want to die.

Q3 is pretty much confirmed I think. Monday is when we hope to get all the information about the chips, some think they're gonna actually come out 7/7.

He'll more than likely be fine for a couple years. PSU quality is an overblown meme.

>Top mounted PSU radiates heat onto CPU cooler
That is offset by additional airflow, which also benefits vrm cooling.
>and prevents the mounting of liquid cooling modules, I guess.
Valid point, a top mounted rad would likely offer the same (if not more) airflow benefits. I don't use water cooling though, so I don't see why I would ever want a bottom mounted PSU.

I suppose that's my final parts list unless someone knows a similarly-priced better-looking case.

>defending the removal of functions

Help me pcb/g/

>State the budget & CURRENCY
$200-$500 (can go further if needed. ONLY WHEN NECESSARY like more RAM)
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
Programming
gamedeving lightweight games
CAD and 3D modeling
android apps
AMD A4 only, no specdown no zombieload
Preferrably can do passthrough over linux
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
Already have these myself but what should I get for GPU?

>defending the removal of obsolete functions
Yes.

Watch this. youtube.com/watch?v=1BM0P7J1EPM

[spoiler]I have big pp[/spoiler]

>android studio
>$200-$500
God help your soul.

Yeah I've looked around and found a few interesting Silverstones, but the upside down orientation ones like the TJ08 are all mATX, and the vertical orientation ones are a bit expensive. Does the cooling capacity on the Fortress/Raven still hold up? They're more than just a few years old now, aren't they?

Attached: kft022.jpg (1024x847, 134K)

To you and your zoomer digital distribution/streaming habits maybe.

I also don't need a HDD on the budget. I'll buy them separately.
That's why I said it can go further. I remember needing around 32GB RAM minimum for that.

Fuck it, I'm going with a white case.

>'I am too autistic to use streaming services but too poor to have a proper SAN/NAS over a 10GBe LAN'

Does the NAS have optical drives?

I've always wondered what Noctua fans would look like in a white case. White and beige and brown doesn't sound like too bad of a combination.

Maybe an external one for when you need to dump whatever DVDs you have off to HDD.
Memes aside, I'd consider wasting a 5.25" bay for the one time in a year I'd use an optical drive a travesty.

I consider you a fucking retard.

So I've got risperidone which makes me averse to drinking like I used to do, I'm getting some books on Unreal Engine and a nice white aesthetic PC. I'm gonna make it.

he gets a new psu he probably just buys the same junk anyway sadly.

the really pricey plat/titanium depends on high usage but there's no reason not get an ass basic gold 500-600w other than stupidity. it's not worth the trouble dealing with the cheaper, hotter running stuff. faster ram is a far bigger meme for most people.

my favorite part is that paired with mainstream watercooling.

>friend wants me to help him build computer
>wants to get 2700X and Vega 64 for 1080p gaming
>gpu is sold out everywhere in my city except one overpriced blower
It's a complex kind of feel, but fortunately he also agreed to wait for computex

How long do PSUs last? I have an AX760i from 2013 I think, and it has given me no problems.
So, how will I know it has died, besides perhaps not turning on, and frying all my components.

The grey redux fans with white chromax rubber corners would probably look quite good.

There's literally no other use for 5.25" bays, aside from putting adapter frames for even more hard drives.

So this is the final build. Everything inside should be black except for the RAM, with a white exterior. Is there a cheap white or black HDD?

pcpartpicker.com/list/9jmhhy

brainlet detected

Attached: 11-997-201-02.jpg (640x480, 13K)

HDDs aren't visible in that case anyway.

Is this a troll build?
90% of it is wrong.

Desks come with drawers so computers don't have to.

Alright, sweet. Thanks a lot

>not storing your gamer fuel directly in your PC case

Attached: 1446156065549.jpg (500x628, 233K)

MY GAMER FUEL IS VANILLA ICE CREAM

I have a 2004 mastercooler 700w that only needed a fan replacement.

How?
I'm noob.

Wait for Zen2 announcement in literally 2 days

how come yesterday the 2060 was recommended for 1080p usage but now it's not mentioned at all?
have poo-in-loos infest pcbg?

Yesterday was an Nvidia shill. The Vega 56 blows the fuck out of the 2060 in cost per performance and in futureproofing.

Nah, people just keep using different OP copypastas according to their personal preference. I think frame for dollar the 1660 Ti really is better value than the 2060 though, almost as fast but a good bit cheaper.