What does Jow Forums think of Xamarin?

It seems like a mixed bag to me. I personally don't have any experience with it, but every Xamarin dev I talked with either loved it (because of the apparently high salary) or hated it (because of it being seemingly autistic sometimes).

Attached: xamarin.png (1200x503, 26K)

botnet

It's just okay. It makes cross platform mobile development tolerable and that's about all there is to say about it.

Flutter is where it is now

If you went as far as drinking that MS glass of pozz cum, why not just drink regular cum and go for Cordova??

This.

hahahaha no

lol enjoy running your mobile apps on a virtual machine lol

Is that actually true? I've heard many good things about Flutter but was about to give Xamarin a chance. Don't want to bother with it when Xamarin's dead now.

Xamarin was always dead because of react native anyway.

I've heard about that... so technically, it's the best choice to give Flutter a try these days? I've worked with React Native before but oh lord... it was horrible. Got the job done but nothing I'd like to use a second time. All those crashes...

I'd pick flutter over xamarin, yeah.

thanks user

Attached: 1543885184433.jpg (184x184, 10K)

>guise we made a tool so you can build quality apps!
>30 lines of code to increment a touch
LMAO WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA if you shill for flutter please consider sudokuing your mom on a post-it

It's part of official .NET now so it has Microsoft stink all over it.

I like .NET, I am a Linux boy, but .NET is convenient.

>Javashit

XAMARIN IN PRODUCTION USER HERE.

Not a fuck would I ever do that again. The toolchain is a nightmare.

Xamarin is pure shit.

Don't know if Flutter is any good, need to try it. I wish Xojo would finish their Android compiler.

Explain pls

I don't ever want to be near anything related to user interfaces

If you already know your app is going to come out on both platforms anyway, it's a good deal. You can very painlessly share code between the iOS and Android version.
Also, C# is much better than Obj-C and Swift for iOS development, because it makes it so much easier to handle async stuff thanks to async and await and some other C# features.

There's also some weirdness to it, though. Sometimes they don't wrap a platform API perfectly and it has sutle bugs, the ViewController lifecycle is a bit weird, interacting with the native objects (when you need to send obj-c messages) is a bit weird because all you have are these C# proxy objects...
It really is a mixed bag.

I'd rather inject AIDS into my dick than use Xamarin.

the VS2019 update brings improvements and cuts its size to 33% the previous.
MS didn't give mono and xamarin any attention until recently with the upcoming .net 5 bringing feature parity to all the implementations.
it is not a library for cross-plat UI that provides complex widgets and complete OS abstraction like most people think. It is a runtime that provides .net apis, os specific apis, and flexible xaml rendering for many platforms like Android, iOS, smart watches, etc.
Although you can use it directly for cross-plat UI, I prefer using it with libs that provide abstraction over common non-trivial os specfic functionality like xamarin essentials or entire frameworks on top of xamarin like Uno