Windows has a more intuitive and more comprehensive GUI than any Linux distro

Windows has a more intuitive and more comprehensive GUI than any Linux distro

Windows is a commercially successful OS, with excellent support, and software and hardware compatibility, despite not costing a dime to most of its users.

Windows has better creative software available, such as the Adobe Creative Suite, various video and audio editing suites, etc.

Microsoft Office is better than any other office suite (of course it's also available for other platforms, but not Linux, not without emulation)

Windows has a more intuitive drive naming convention.

The command line interface in Windows is easier to use, even though it's rarely used for everyday tasks.

Windows has more convenient accessory programs installed by default

Windows has more accessible logs and system information.

Windows is better documented than any Linux distro, its information all neatly organized and known where to be found.

I need not mention about games. Whether you like them or not is irrelevant.

I saved the best till last: Windows has Active Directory, centralizing user documents and personal settings, and security and group policy settings, something large organizations couldn't do without.

Until Linux has something like Active Directory and a GUI to rival Windows, it won't even be considered by large organizations, not even for free, and let's be honest, that's where a big chunk of the userbase and the money is.

Attached: Corn.png (991x817, 800K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=omRu-CIOJbk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cunny

>Windows has a more intuitive and more comprehensive GUI than any Linux distro

Completely false, if you like fancy crap you go for KDE or GNOME, if you do real work you go for DWM or i3

>Windows is a commercially successful OS, with excellent support, and software and hardware compatibility, despite not costing a dime to most of its users.

So are "pre-built" Linux distributions like Ubuntu off a full image or Mint off a full image

>Windows has better creative software available, such as the Adobe Creative Suite, various video and audio editing suites, etc.

This is subjective. What do you mean by better? They are all frontends for algorithms and libraries that were mostly first developed for linux distributions. Namely ffmpeg to showcase a very common one.

>Microsoft Office is better than any other office suite (of course it's also available for other platforms, but not Linux, not without emulation)

It is not, for the very fact it saves its documents in a non-open-sourced format on purpose just to keep the people using it because they got peer pressured into using it to begin with during their academic years. There exist open formats that do every bit MS office does. The fact that they have a closed source format that everybody is peer pressured to use and cannot be ported to other suites due to the very fact it is closed source is not a pro, it's a corporate joke.

>Windows has a more intuitive drive naming convention.

The fact that drives have default finite names is a con, not a pro. The whole windows filesystem is counter intuitive and limited in every possible way

>The command line interface in Windows is easier to use, even though it's rarely used for everyday tasks.

Again subjective argument. The fact that you know how to do less stuff with a piece of software than other people does not make the argument of that stuff being "easier" valid. Plus, from the very fact you are not accustomed to linux distributions, since you spit all that crap above, we can all safely conclude it's not that windows are easier, but you are too young and have grown in them and did not have the time to explore other options.

>Windows has more convenient accessory programs installed by default

False, any decent DE comes with anything windows has and they work the same exact way if not better (keyboard shortcuts by default).

>Windows has more accessible logs and system information.

Excuse me? Under *nix, logs are saved where they should be saved: the program directories or a dump folder.

Windows has them all over the place based in the programmer's preference. Another fact why Windows' filesystem sucks: you never know for sure were to look for something.

>Windows is better documented than any Linux distro, its information all neatly organized and known where to be found.

You will have to prove that. For one, we don't have the source for many things. Then there exists no standardized manual pages for software that is installed. Simple googling only comes up with indian "error fixing" software and microsoft forums with loads of unanswered questions

>I need not mention about games. Whether you like them or not is irrelevant.

No argument here. Linux not only has its own games but Proton has made it possible for a very wider range to be successfully ported and it still keeps going so far.
The only games that are sometimes not available are indie titles that were created in Adobe-like software suites that only export in EXE

>I saved the best till last: Windows has Active Directory, centralizing user documents and personal settings, and security and group policy settings, something large organizations couldn't do without.

*nix has objectively superior policies for usergroups, permissions and threat logging.

>Until Linux has something like Active Directory and a GUI to rival Windows, it won't even be considered by large organizations, not even for free, and let's be honest, that's where a big chunk of the userbase and the money is.

Every enterprise nowadays has a linux or unix backend. All the content you consume is hosted on linux or unix servers. All the services you use are orchestrated on *nix also. Even the drivers and libraries for most of the software in existence is developed on linux first, no matter if it's released on the market for linux users after that or not, development is done on linux cause it can be more agile.

Where have you actually found sources that validate your arguments?

Truly, this is going to be the year of the Linux desktop!

look

at

all

that

fucking

whitespace

>le epin reddit spacing
r/linux

The year of linux desktop will never come, cause consumers are incompetent and follow what they already know out of peer pressure blindly.

That is still not a reason for Windows being "better" than any *nix distributions in any way

On one hand, I can compile all my Linux shit for easy performance gains but on the other, the windows DE runs way smoother than gnome, lxqt, etc on app my machines.
Hate how there's always the eventual bug in Linux - be it libre office impress corrupting my presentation or some stupid package manager wasting CPU in the background.
Ubuntu 19, can't be added to switch.
Consumers on average are not incompetent or under peer pressure, they just can't be assed to learn an entirely new environment for no reason or benefit.

Have never faced any of the problems you listed in at least 10 years...

I only run fully intel/nvidia platforms with WD storage though

After looking at some of these points this seems like bait

That's nice, I guess. I've basically all combos of Intel, nvidia, and ATI silicon, always something comes up every once in a while. Right now moving a window around my desktop causes insane stuttering. Weird.

Are you on free drivers?

>GUI to rival Windows
are you fucking my left nut? Realy? Pantheon, KDE, XFCE. Three alternatives which eat less ram, have more customisability and you need to be braindead not to know how to use it.

Back to basement fag, Get a little bit better creating autism

Yes that was my last stop, nouveau way outperforms prop. for some reason. Still get the occasional hiccup, hmm. Logged my I/o and it's only occasional kilobytes transaction to add.

I have always been on non-free drivers at all times

why

do

you

retards

write

this

Wrong. Mint basically holds your hand through the entire experience and with none of the botnet or security flaws.

>Windows is a commercially successful OS
You mean monopoly.

>with excellent support
Red Hat has excellent support. Also, if Linux became more popular, its support system would blossom because of more income (donations), as it happened with Firefox.

>hardware compatibility
Simply wrong. Several distros have better hardware compatibility than Winblows.

>Windows has better creative software available, such as the Adobe Creative Suite, various video and audio editing suites, etc.
Subjective. And again it's a popularity issue. Increased demand would increase the amount of Linux compatible programs in offer.

>Microsoft Office is better than any other office suite (of course it's also available for other platforms, but not Linux, not without emulation)
OpenOffice does everything MS Office does, but better.

It doesn't, it simply hides most of the partitions from normies, taking control away from the user.

>The command line interface in Windows is easier to use
No.

No.

No.

>Windows is better documented than any Linux distro
No.

>I need not mention about games. Whether you like them or not is irrelevant.
See response at creative suite issue above.

>Until Linux has something like Active Directory and a GUI to rival Windows, it won't even be considered by large organizations, not even for free, and let's be honest, that's where a big chunk of the userbase and the money is.
Most large enterprises use Linux because it is studier and more secure. You are confusing the illusion of control Windows provides with the actual security provided by Linux.

2/10, apply yourself.

to annoy you off the site.

they are here to leech Jow Forums content, then repost it on reddit for some upboat points. so they use reddit formating.

no it doesn't
>Windows is a commercially successful OS, with excellent support, and software and hardware compatibility, despite not costing a dime to most of its users.
lol
no it isn't
no it doesn't
>The command line interface in Windows is easier to use, even though it's rarely used for everyday tasks.
no it isn't
Windows has more convenient accessory programs installed by default
no it doesn't
no it doesn't
>Windows is better documented than any Linux distro, its information all neatly organized and known where to be found.
no it isn't

>>hardware compatibility
>Simply wrong. Several distros have better hardware compatibility than Winblows.
Source?

His ass.

>Until Linux has something like Active Directory
I've always been of the opinion that it's group policy, not AD per se, that will finally allow *nix (or even Mac, for that matter) a foot in the enterprise door. But I can't even how you would implement the billions of corp-friendly knobs Windows has on any other OS without a Skynet-like background process to emulate them.

>non-open-source
You lose. Thanks for playing.

>i conveniently ignore that linux is a freebie
>if it was priced similarly to windows, its penetration would be 0%

>people who don't like what i like are incompetent

>ill throw every bullshit meme at once thatll show op

>cope from a neet faggot who lives in a basement

Attached: 1480757818205.jpg (618x597, 144K)

that's not even what reddit spacing is you absolute zoomer.

it's the 8 space tabs of posting. if fucking hate it. See how my post is one long unbroken response? See how it does how the formatting is not affected? I feel like breaking out posts used to make them catch your attention like old school sage bombs but holy shit is it annoying

Aw hell no. Windows 10 is confusing as shit, and butt ugly to boot. It doesn't come close to either Linux Mint Cinnamon or Solus Budgie. Same goes for whatever KDE too.

>Windows has excellent support
> Windows is not costing a dime to most of its users.

What are you smoking user?

You mean all that shite with the advertisemnts or the very basic shit that is no better?

The GUI is already better. There are AD alternatives for Linux but I do not expect business to switch no matter how often they get screwed over by ransomware

>Windows 10 is confusing as shit
How fucking retarded are you?

Hey, thanks for describing windows 7.
It's a shame it will be discontinued, and a garbage that can't do half of you listed right will be the only OS available.

>that's not even what reddit spacing is

Attached: .webm (601x602, 18K)

>more comprehensive GUI
most people think whetever they used first is best. That's why you get boomers talking about how good shit was in back in the day, and 18yo zoomers complaining about 14yo zoomers playing fortnite while playing minexraft themselves.
>commercially successfull, support, compatibility, despite not costing a dime to most of its users.
Commercial sucess ≠ quality.
Support costs money, if you want a Linux with support, buy RHEL.
An anecdote about hardware compatibility: I got a new latpot recently. In linux, everything worked ootb. Windows was another story. Because I wanted to use 7 instead of 10, there were no official drivers available from lenovo. I had to use Win7 drivers for a similar model that don't work for some things (Can't tuen off bluetooth without disabling the driver, there are 20 brightness levels, but the osd only shows 15, etc.)
Buying a computer with preinstalled Windows ≠ not paying for windows
>creative software, Adobe, av editing
Adobe's fault
>Microsoft Office
See point nr 1. Also office is shit since 2007. And I recently found out that 2003 is pretty much the ssame as office 4.2 for NT.
>drive naming
true, but also less practical. Also irrelevant with most file managers
>command line
No. Bash > cmd.exe. Gnu coreutils > whatever windows has
>accessory programs
as does any DE. Plus you get to choose
>logs
Irrelevant for average person. And powerusers know where to look either way
>better documented
Wrong. Also since it's closed source, software devs can't actually know how shit works
>games
over 50% of popular games on steam run perfectly fine
>Active Directory
you got me there, I have no idea what that is
>Linix needs good GUI and Active Directory to be used by business
good GUI already exists. The problem, as always when it comes to Linux, is fragmentation. active directory: see above
Linux might need some things to be viable for big business, but it is more than suited for desktoo use.
shit running out of le

How can you say that when the Arch Wiki exists?

Every point you made if you replace games for creativity software could be said for OSX over Windows and would actually be true.

>despite not costing a dime to most of its users.
Windows subjugates users to countless ads.

Windows is not unique in this regard. Additionally, adobe products are only widely used because they've paid universities to teach/use their software heavily in the past.

lol sure

Like candy crush

lol sure x2

Yes, the source code is documented very well huh. Nothing compares to what I've seen on the arch wiki.

>Windows has Active Directory
yikes

look at
:^)

I love

oldfag

larpers

I don't get the ads meme about win10. Yeah it has a few start menu icons, but you can just remove them. It's not such a big deal in my opinion.

Honestly, Corn is the fucking best ever. No wonder Americans and Mexicans put it on everything

t. op

>KDE or GNOME, if you do real work you go for DWM or i3
And one of them tear and lag like Windows 95 with no display driver loaded.

>It is not, for the very fact it saves its documents in a non-open-sourced format on purpose just to keep the people using it because they got peer pressured into using it to begin with during their academic years. There exist open formats that do every bit MS office does. The fact that they have a closed source format that everybody is peer pressured to use and cannot be ported to other suites due to the very fact it is closed source is not a pro, it's a corporate joke.

Doesn’t change the fact that it’s what everyone in the real world uses. Try submitting a resume in .odf and see what happens.

>The year of linux desktop will never come, cause consumers are incompetent and follow what they already know out of peer pressure blindly.
It would also help if Desktop Linux didn’t suck refried ass. An OS developed by paid developers is successful imagine that.

Bash runs on Windows too.

readingthisislikehearingastutteringpersonmaybeweshouldtypelikethisitsmoreefficientbecausenospacesanditiseasiertotypebecausenospaces

I've never submitted a resume in snything other than .pdf

>one of them
all of them

Some require .docx and if the HR lady can’t get your resume to open it never makes it to the right person.

There is an element of subjectivity when it comes to an OS however you're not wrong.

I'll use electric cars as an analogy, no significant number of people are going to buy them to save the planet of they aren't at least as good as petrol cars. They've advanced to where they are now arguably better and sales are reflecting that.

Linux is sadly nowhere near competitive with mac OS or Windows in most areas, and even if people know the importance of free software and malicious business practices taking place by Microsoft and apple, if its not better, they won't use it.

Educating people isn't the solution, which is frustrating. Linux needs to be the better, more convinient operating system to see a real percentage of market share, which it absolutely is not for the vast majority of people. I'd love to see it happen but realistically I can't blame anyone for using macos or windows. They are just better.

>I've never submitted a resume in snything other than .pdf
With a spellchecker, I hope.

Mobile keyboards are a bitch.

You are fighting against an entrenched elitist heirarchy that doesn't want Linux to be common/popular.

Attached: uf011608.gif (720x529, 89K)

pdf

no, actually they require doc cause they run old software.

and i'll never need to join a workplace that doesn't get pdfs

You literally prove you are underage when you don't know anything about enterprise tier linux

install the correct drivers. Your inability to understand software is not linux's problem

But windows just weeks, so I won't install dumb drivers

windows without third party graphics drivers has the same screen tearing. You are trying so hard at this point...

Expecting people to go out of their way to learn about something they most likely aren't interested in when there are options available that solve these issues for them is so fucking delusional it almost hurts to read. It's not the users fault. If Linux was better more people would use it, but it's not.

i think this could change if
office had native support for linux. just working
imagine how many would start to use it

youtube.com/watch?v=omRu-CIOJbk

t. entitled soccermom

I am the manager.

>cornhub.com doesn't actually exist
snif