Do I have some sort of responsibility to keep these public torrents alive?

Do I have some sort of responsibility to keep these public torrents alive?
I wish I could just get into some private tracker for remuxes and stop worrying
I have 8.73 on torrentleech but it's too stressful to download anything from there

Attached: file.png (1655x536, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si/view/526928
interviewfor.red/en/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thought it was the flag of finland

I set my upload to 1kb/s and stop seeding as soon as it completes. I've been doing this for over 15 years and never be banned from the pirate bay

Attached: k18.png (276x244, 78K)

Barneyfag

Hey what's your opinion on Dororo?

You have a good ratio. I think you could get into some private trackers easily. Also, no, you don't really have any responsibility but it's appreciated.

Same.

Attached: 1480740744025.jpg (776x559, 56K)

got bored of it and stopped watching, mob psycho was the best last season
the thing is I don't know where to go or who to write about it
I just want to download remuxes quickly and keep them for as long as I have space
My local tracker does freeleech for big files so that would make movie watching comfy, but people don't really put up quality there often
I like to think I have a good ratio there as well
Also I'm in progress of turing my old laptop into a seedbox that's running all day on linux, one my HDD dock arives, since I have quite a few terabytes just laying around

Attached: file.png (644x127, 10K)

>mob psycho was the best last season

no it wasn, it was boring shit. the best last season was million arthur

Attached: [Erai-raws] Hangyakusei Million Arthur 2nd Season - 04 [720p].mkv_snapshot_06.22.216.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

I haven't used public trackers for years, but my rules used to be seed for 3 months or until 3.0, whichever comes first.

Private torrents I seed indefinitely.

>torrentleech but it's too stressful to download anything from there
Maybe if you're a retarded faggot. I still have 723.46GB worth of buffer after downloading everything I wanted, and I haven't even cross-seeded anything.

Attached: buff me daddy.png (337x41, 6K)

I do it too, I don't know why, but I do it

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-25_00-07-40.png (1565x861, 180K)

>a fucking movie
>600GiB
>1TiB

That's how much he's uploaded you mong

>banned from the pirate bay
do you even know how torrents work

>got bored of it
You're fucking weak

Just seed 2-10x and delete the file if you don't want it anymore.

Only if you have unlimited bandwidth from ISP.

Nope

Attached: utorrent.jpg (492x437, 86K)

No, and I don't care as long as I get what I want.

based boomer

>all that capeshit
I think reddit is a more appropriate website for you to be on. You don't belong here.

>not a single rare torrent

not at all, stop seeding

Not entirely sure about this, but the uploader should have the first and final responsibility. He should have a seedbox for the torrent to start off or if it's down to low seed numbers. Those high bitrate/resolution rips usually get the hit & run treatment on public trackers, in my experience. I usually try to keep obscure torrents alive. I think you've done your job. As for the private trackers, I find them too elitist and tedious to try to get into. With a bit of searching there's rarely stuff you can't find on public trackers, unless you want those insane quality rips.

>seeding torrents

Attached: 1555558635718.jpg (735x304, 45K)

Do you have something like this?
nyaa.si/view/526928
The original uploader probably didn't finished seeding it.

>bd remux shit
why people even want this? a normal bd that is like 40gb gets nuked to 120gb what's even the difference between a remux and a normal bd

Are you unironically retarded?

If you find torrentleech stressful then you'll probably feel the same downloading remuxes from any private tracker that doesn't have a forgiving ratio system.

Do you even know what is a remux?

This. There's very little point in hoarding ratio on private trackers. If TL shut down tomorrow, you wouldn't have nearly as much as if you had whittled your ratio down to 3.0 or even 2.0. The fact that you seed for a long time means more than how many gigabytes you upload.

If you want to (eventually) get into a private tracker for movies/TV, take the RED interview: interviewfor.red/en/index.html It's a music tracker, but it's a good stepping stone to what you want.

the only things you should ever seed are
>something rare
>something you ripped/created personally that doesn't already exist
>private tracker torrents for ratio
uploading 700GB of Suicide Squad to a public tracker is fucking retarded

Attached: 1533810576696.png (3600x2000, 642K)

Not really. I only seed stuff for long if I really like the series or movie or I'm the only seeder.
Otherwise just seed till 1.50 or 2.00

I don't really seed other than to have some membership on one place. Public torrents are of no concern to me. I know I will seed that shit to death and in a few years it might as well be gone anyways. Not to mention I barely torrent stuff.

Also I don't have any stuff to share of value either, so when I try to get into private trackers it seems like a pretty difficult thing. You have torrents that either take a month to complete to seed proper, because they have very low health, or torrents that everyone's seeding so there's no value in what you do and you can't really get much out of it. You want to download something but you won't be able to ever reach a proper ratio because even if you have the speed there's an abundance of seeds. People tell me to torrent music, but I'd rather stick with low quality leeching from digital music stores through dubious means (like deezer).

lol imagine wasting your upload for some nerds who need their shitty anime and film LEL

it's unlimited, im not an american
It's the animated stuff you uncultured swine, that's why there are no seeders
Because after seeing a remux wathcing a shitty compressed version feels like self torture
But aren't big torrents on other sites freelech so you don't have to worry?
I just want to get the remuxes downloaded quickly, instead of waiting 5 days for them to get into my computer, at that point it would be faster to buy the disk instead of downloading, which defeats the whole point

I'm similar OP, public torrents serve me just fine. I usually seed for a while, especially if it's a torrent that took me ages to get, with the one seed available coming and going constantly so I only get a few % every couple of days. But If a torrent is even remotely popular I don't bother. I fucking hate having duplicates in my seeding folder, I like organising stuff and naming it properly.

I looked in private trackers at one point because I wanted to batch download some very old electronic music sets, but trying to get a ratio on an open reg tracker, let alone a closed one is just aids. actually aids. You have to work on that shit like it's a job. There's no dropping in to check out new stuff, you have to grind a ratio first and spend it like pocket money. I would rather just keep using soulseek and host my whole library on their for free, contributing to the community. There are tons of great people there with amazing collections who will you let you download essentially whatever you want, as long as you don't just queue up 100 gigs in one hit.

>But aren't big torrents on other sites freelech so you don't have to worry?

Not usually. They're often discounted by 25%/50% though. If you even strongly consider buying the physical media then there's little point to pirating it.

this is the only reason this caught my eye

>Suicide Squad
DELET this piece of shit