Why people are throwing away their memepads?

Why people are throwing away their memepads?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-24 r thinkpad.png (646x571, 785K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-2nd-gen-8GB-RAM-180GB-SSD-i5-4300U-Windows-10-WQHD/223524451405?hash=item340b18744d:g:cZcAAOSwV1Bc4wkN&LH_BIN=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because they are trash.

Is there a reason to keep outdated hardware except for nostalgia or running legacy software on it?

>check ebay prices for the ancient T60p
>they all sell for more than 100€, more than I paid for mine almost 10 years ago

Attached: holy-indian-java-guru.jpg (450x399, 140K)

those have like 512MB of RAM and a 60gig HDD. all they're good for is flexing on Jow Forums

Why are you on Reddit?

Aside from nostalgia and aesthetics, the Thinkpads are outdated in almost every way. The newer models are "ok" but competitive brands already caught up a long time ago.
I still own a few thinkpads myself, but they merely serve as desk ornaments and hipster bait now.

New SSD: 20 bucks
RAM upgrade: 20 bucks

When they're not really outdated, just old.

new battery 30 bucks

Some of them are still good for shitposting.
Battery will be shit no matter what. About 2 hours max runtime just isn't comparable to modern laptops.

Attached: t60p.jpg (1600x1200, 285K)

I wonder if an arm soc inside a classic thinkpad chassis would sell well.

Nobody will try to assault you to steal your thickpad.

I get 8 hours from my x220 with the extended battery when doing anything except playing videos. Just don't use bloated software and keep brightness control low.

Sandy bridge is a few generations newer than the ones in the OP

Because Intel CPUs, bad screens and utterly shit power efficiency.

>why are people throwing away mid range laptops from 2005

>RAM upgrade: 20 bucks
you will double your RAM and have a whole gigabyte

My T60p has 3GB usable RAM (max possible capacity). Anything newer can be upgraded to 8GB or more, a W520 can handle 32GB if you really need it.

can't do anything about the 480x360 screen size

>480x360 screen size
Are you retarded or just a zoomer?

You mean the 1600x1200 AFFS Flexview(100% SRGB, factory calibrated)?

>what is hyperbole

I genuinely don't understand why anyone needs more than a core 2 duo for office related tasks / shitposting. I took my Pentium M Latitude D610 out with me today, and have been using it periodically since then. Typing from it right now, as a matter of fact.

I see we got a pro here who never actually does anything other than posting neofetch screenshots

nice high res screen you got there my mac does 2560x1600 what does the thinkpad do

>2560x1600
tiny lmao

Attached: 1536526943632.jpg (394x415, 48K)

Thinkpads had 2048 x 1536 screens in 2005. If you buy a new one you can get one with a 4K screen.

I've actually never posted screenshots, I just don't like throwing away a computer that still does what I need it to do.

Never needed a higher res screen for what I do.

Newer != better.

Because they're shit.

>I still own a few thinkpads myself, but they merely serve as desk ornaments and hipster bait now.
This. ThinkPads at this point are basically just Macs for a different, even more insufferable subculture of hipsters who installed Arch once and won't shut the fuck up about it.

They haven't been particularly outstanding or interesting among business laptops since the death of the 700 series over 20 years ago beyond half-assedly clinging to the tatters of a 30-year-old aesthetic because the name is literally all that sets them apart anymore for the last couple decades. Mediocre configurations galore, limp dick gimmicks like the ThinkLight that were obsolete years ago and god awful engineering that's an insult to the original line.

Because an X60t doesn't even run 720p Hi10p anime at full speed. I threw mine out years ago.

I'm with this guy.

I have an old gateway laptop, 4GB ram and a Celeron, that I run Win7 on. I'm a writer and mostly use it for Word and web browsing. Does fine.

>Hi10p
There's your problem

QXGA was an option on a handful of expensive systems nobody was buying, the norm for ShitPads has always been (W)XGA garbage that was shit even for the time if you actually did anything on your computer.

People make adapters and modify 1440p screens to fit in Thinkpads from last decade, and it's surprisingly easy to make it work.

>nobody ever bought the T60p

This isn't true if you live in a shithole, I live in a place where niggers steal absolutely everything.

Intel Inside.

good thing you can replace the battery cells if you need to

2560x1600 on a laptop is for retards that like wasting battery for no reason.

>good thing you can replace the battery cells if you need to
Replacing the cells in the field robs you of even more time.

especially because the resolution functions as a 1280x800 screen anyways so its not like theres actually any more information being displayed

nice high res screen why do you actually need it
>b-b-b-but it looks nice
so you admit it's just a pointless luxury and a 1080p screen is still perfectly functional

What autists lines up lapops in the middle of a sidewalk to take a photo?

If you remove all personal shit from it it acts as a physical sandbox

>720p Hi10p

Attached: pepe under the carpet.png (1267x785, 107K)

Listen here anons, I take my girl cartoons very seriously okay. I need to be able to watch them regardless of what format they are in.

Attached: 4mouths.jpg (1280x720, 91K)

Because they're dinosaur computers and they don't need them

You dickheads don't realise how far behind they are or that no one wants to buy a computer then replace the battery, ram, ssd, mod a display in there that's 1080p then try to tell people on the internet it's as fast as their quad/hex core laptop

I work for a global company, all of the computers are thinkpads.

Try again.

wow great anecdotal evidence

>IBM revealed over 277,000 macOS and iOS devices have been deployed to IBM employees around the globe with the 130,000 Macs in-place leading to consistently less IT support required over PC counterparts.

Probably have to replace some keys too.

>retards actually BELIEVE this

then explain why every flagship is greater than 2000 x 3000?

Attached: surface-FA[1].jpg (2400x2400, 672K)

People who have never experienced it keep saying there is no difference

Once we get OLED mainstream which is this year then they might get a 2k screen and say how great it is and no one needs 4k lmao

>imagine actually BUYING microshit's glue together "surfaces"

The absolute state of modern electronics.

I got two perfectly good quad-core, 8 GB of RAM laptops sitting in my closet, theyve been there for like a year. Should probably sell them.

>Intel processors

anything inside a classic thinkpad chassis would sell well, it's literally the only reason people bought them in the first place.

>thinkpads
>Fell for the Jow Forums meme

Attached: 1545475044587.jpg (690x720, 77K)

you might want to wait a little while, this chinese trade war bullshit might heat up and you can sell them for more than you'd think

Maybe, people really mistreat their laptops.

not that user but i am going to scavenge some used thinkpad shells and put a raspberry pi zero w and sell them on amazon for $20

based

Is it a good idea to buy one of these just to put torrents on it?

WHOAAAAHHH ! HOLD ON JUST A DAMN MNUTE! IT ......IT.... IT LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A BONNAFIDE.....I SAY.......BONAFIDE G-...G-....GAYMER!!! RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW!!!

Tell the views out there, Mr Gaymer, why exactly are you crossposting here on Jow Forums today?

Attached: 6791772-news-reporter-journalist-interviews-a-person-holding-up-the-microphone.jpg (1300x995, 93K)

fp - as always - bp.

Attached: 55fj43.jpg (402x402, 105K)

>this way of typing
I want to hit every redditor over the head with a brick

Because they're ugly dinosaur laptops.

Attached: 1443627814791.jpg (797x1173, 107K)

>"""""""flagship"""""""
who came up with this nigger terminology?

Like an actual flagship, the flagship of a brand is the best and most important of the "fleet"

QXGA wasn't a T60p option, and high-end T60p systems also were notorious for being poorly cooled and unreliable pieces of shit, so yeah, nobody really bought them.

they are not outdated at all, because they have low power draw

T410s are good laptops

>it's literally the only reason people bought them in the first place.
lmao thinktards actually believe this shit
of the big three enterprise laptop makers lenovo has always been the weakest, you're buying a brand not a computer

>he got a t60 for like 50 cents canadian
Fucking hell i paid 80cad for my t61... At least its in perfect condition tho

If you dont have a thinkpad with an ibm logo, you eont belong on Jow Forums

Attached: IMG_20190220_143442.jpg (2976x3968, 3.01M)

>iToddler cope

haha based. but seriously, who are these people and what are they doing on Jow Forums?

You or I or anyone here can get WQHD on a thinkpad for under $250

ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-2nd-gen-8GB-RAM-180GB-SSD-i5-4300U-Windows-10-WQHD/223524451405?hash=item340b18744d:g:cZcAAOSwV1Bc4wkN&LH_BIN=1

for example

not him but

This, fucking leddit crossposters get out reeee!!

fpbp

they should send them to Africa

the Africans can use them to build houses. Literally .
Thinkpad shacks.

because they are chink pieces of garbage

Some admiral back in the 16th century probably.

There are no modern libreboot compatible laptops. I will happily continue buying X60s and X200s until there is.

based and nauticalpilled

Where can i get a couple for a dirty cheap price?

4?

Attached: thinkingtp.jpg (1082x655, 504K)

c'mon man, if you're gonna browse plebbit, at least use the old design

Attached: 1549451967635.jpg (201x201, 13K)

Nobody to maintain them, blow out the fans, update them, clean the registry, new battery, lost charger, dusty thermal paste, dying components, faded displays, etc

You will still dump a couple hundred into each machine.

based babu poster

poorfag cope

It works just fine as long as you're not using it for heavy graphical applications like photo or video editing.
But they weren't build for that anyway.

this guy knows his shit

Good for you I guess, but your shit lags bricks and you don't understand

Attached: 1555485114449.jpg (1024x690, 393K)

Based

Attached: 1555078571470.jpg (726x726, 53K)

>bright spot that will get worse
excellent buy

stallman is getting paid for merely existing and he uses thinkpad

>ship terminology
>nigger
Nigger don't have meaningful naval technology.