How Jow Forums decides what tech to like: a scientific model

Have you ever noticed the technology that Jow Forums fawns over today was universally despised just a few short years ago? Like how everybody jizzes over CRTs now, but in the 90's you couldn't read a tech article online or in a magazine without someone pissing and moaning about the heat they emitted, eye strain, etc.

Psychologists have long compared Jow Forums contrarians to women. The similarities are staggering. Like women, they are emotional, fickle, and irate (they even have long hair). However, my research suggests that, unlike women, they actually operate by a primitive form of logic and are highly predictable.

Here is a model that illustrates the opinions of Jow Forums contrarian neckbeards by comparing what is new/old to what is/was once popular.

My research suggests that to gain the approval of the Jow Forums contrarian neckbeard, the technology must either be obscure OR old. At this time it is not clear whether Jow Forums contrarian neckbeards value one more than the other. However, more than anything, it appears that AGE is what determines if a Jow Forums contrarian neckbeard is allowed to like something.

Once you understand the predictable, child-like thought patterns of the Jow Forums contrarian neckbeard, it becomes easy to gain his approval. Simply follow the sorting matrix in pic related and you can't go wrong.

Attached: g-popularity-matrix.png (1000x1000, 278K)

>AMD
>Authoritarian Right

GAS THE INTEL NODE WAR NOW

Spot on. Fucking spot on.

jesus that chart is terrible

Attached: 1200px-Political_chart.svg.png (1200x1306, 48K)

>literally using define r4 rn
>literally using noctuas rn
>literally running arch rn
Mistakes have been made

Attached: 7894867de73cdccb087f74d1896e645f.jpg (578x442, 31K)

the truth hurts sometimes

The entire first quadrant is full of products that are legitimately good though

>g is one person
>everybody who disagrees with me is wrong and just being contrarian
hmm

No, you're just retarded. They're are reasons why people liked things like Linux, trackballs and thinkpads and they were never hated. Perhaps YOU don't like them, and that's fine but just because you don't like them doesn't mean everyone does.
Similarly, like crt monitors, a lot of people did hate them and for good reason. A lot of them are poor quality, buzzed, caused eye strain. However, there is interest in the few highest quality ones that did not because they can play old games properly for those who want nostalgia. Similarly some people collect old PCs because emulation isn't very good when scaled and can be a pain in the dick to configure.
Similarly, I'm NOT a fan of arch but there are people who enjoy arch and meets their needs. That's why they use it.

In short, you think that if you don't find the utility or enjoy something. You assume there is no utility or that everyone must not enjoy it.
Like a guy who doesn't like beer because it's not sweet like soda. Therefore, people must be lying when they say they like the taste of beer.

Cope.

i'm going to go full blown hipster and say i way using thinkpads and trackballs all the way back to the 2000s because thinkpads were hideous bricks that were ok to give to developers and i'm fucking stupid and kept injuring my wrist and trackballs helped recovery. it's the comfiest way to develop software.

I had a thinkpad before they were cool because you could use the track point for epic spins in MOHAA.

Relevant: I made a new friend last week and we were talking about out different computing choices, and he said that I was "the programming equivalent of a vegan."

>"the programming equivalent of a vegan."

Will you go into more detail on this? It sounds hilarious.

/thread

not the content of the chart, but how it's laid out

I don't think Jow Forums has ever been this BTFO before

he was probably being a preachy faggot and OP mistook his mockery for friendship

I use arch, write code in vim, have a tiling Wayland WM (swaywm), browse using Brave, and am learning Rust. I also spend more time on /λ/ than on Jow Forums.

Probably not. We had a nice discussion over coffee and met up again a few days later. I didn't even bring up any of my habits until he asked about them specifically.

damn sounds like you have a boyfriend. what's his name?

Dear faggot with shitty bait, Linux is the most popular OS in the world at the moment. Android is nothing more than a mobile distribution of GNU/Linux, and those of us who supported Linux and free software for the past decades were ahead of the curve, and in a way, made it possible by keeping the momentum alive.

Go fuck yourself.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1680x1050, 235K)

kek

>Jow Forums is one person
>"linux is old", linux is newer than windows and mac os, it's also not at all unpopular
>contrarian = bad, predictable behaviour = bad, hey, i'd rather be predictable in what i like than a blind trend-follower. there are reasons we like the things we like

Life itself cannot be considered rational

Rationality itself is subjective