Finished highschool last year. Been studying lisp and shit by myself

Finished highschool last year. Been studying lisp and shit by myself.
Should i join college for Math or some shit, or go on alone?

Attached: 1558686402179-g.gif (600x431, 1.01M)

You don't join college for learning shit, you join it for getting a degree (if at all).

OP i would suggest trying out a class or two at a community college and see how you like it . I highly recommend that, because you can do as much solo-work as you want outside of structured classes.

>You don't join college for learning shit

you learn as much as you give a shit to learn . you can network with people who are in fields you are interested in.

Attached: 1554947754136.gif (400x400, 673K)

>Finished highschool last year
>Should i join college
NEET/10

>lisp

Attached: 59929367_797365687315170_1988109317294784512_n.jpg (646x691, 38K)

WHY AM I GETTING UPLOAD FAILED WHEN CREATING A NEW THREAD
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
WHAT KIND OF NON VERBOSE ERROR MESSAGE IS THAT MAN

My bias is towards no. People would be the only advantage, and getting certified to do research maybe

>you can network with people who are in fields you are interested in.
you can but why on earth would you want to? op is living the dream, stop trying to drag him down, crab.

>emacs
>GuixSD (uses guile)

Yes, lisp. It's a language that i actually practical use for.
Also gonna try out Gnu R, haskell and Octave for math shit.

Because your thread is shit

you're the type of programmer that i absolutely hate. good luck getting a job involving any of those languages

>you learn as much as you give a shit to learn
true, but you don't need to be at college for that

Guess who failed creating a new thread

Nah. That's for my personal projects or if i end up working at the fsf kek.
For normal jobs it'd be the usual C and maybe some of the new stuff like go

Not him but my company is literally paying for my entire team to go through some erlang training all of next week. Functional programming is a meme, but it’s sometimes a useful meme.

Search for a career lacking people then study that and live careless

if you're american, which i'm guessing you're not, you should go to college to get a degree and start a career. you should probably go anyway; at age 18 your brain is not fully formed and you should not be trusted with self-education

Don't be a retard, get a certification for whatever field you are interested in, use books and Google and youtube to learn, college is a fucking meme

>at age 18 your brain is not fully formed and you should not be trusted with self-education
this op. You're not gonna learn what you need to on your own at this point in your life. Go to a community college because university is a scam. Get scholarships and transfer, it isn't actually too hard. Don't listen to any fags telling you to NEET it up, it loses its fun unless you truly do not care about society, have buddha-like contentment, or have self-discipline forged of iron. If you get absolutely nothing else out of college, at least you'll have a degree. Your future self will thank you.

Attached: 1545109228776.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

If you can go to college you should definitely do that and put up with it.

In my opinion college is basically just proof of having money to go to college and nothing else. Seriously look at the tards they are pumping out these days - zero intellectual curiosity.

It shows NPCs your apart of their club. You could literally go it alone but the NPCs will judge the fuck out of you and let a total retard with a degree slide