Computer chairs with real leather

Just got this thing. Wish it was more comfy. Not enough padding, hurts my ass and elbows but it's real leather so it won't start peeling like the chinese ones. Annoyed enough to want to dump it. Which real leather chairs are the goat?

Attached: index.jpg (300x300, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marthastewart.com/shop/symple-stuff-symple-stuff-ergonomic-genuine-leather-task-chair-sypl4438-color-white-pa902990402ade52ede853b09af8f54de.html
driverseatoriginals.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ur gay

this is the guy with the twitch 'gamer' chair.

I was actually trying to research this because my serta is peeling like the cheap shit it is. All the recommended chairs are gamer shit.

Leather chairs make my ass sweat.

>real leather so it won't start peeling
You still need to perform maintenance with leather cleaner and leather conditioner twice a year.

Attached: 1512211356579.gif (222x162, 1006K)

turning me on

noblechairs make some with PU leather , they're pretty good although i got the non leather version and it's the best chair i ever had.

Attached: HERO-Black-9.jpg (1000x1000, 49K)

Leather chairs are comfy, but evil. Your ass gonna sweat like crazy in summer, to the point where there will be sweat stains both on the chair and on your ass.

Attached: IMG_20190521_164830_273.jpg (1080x1080, 181K)

"No amount of care or prevention will sustain a faux surface. You’re paying substantially less, so just enjoy it, care for it within reason, and then replace when its life cycle is at an end."

PU leather is not real leather it's fake. It's chemicals mixed with leather pulp. It will peel.

Fake leather? PU indeed!

I just bought two for an office. I avoided that style of armrest because it looks hard. The ones I bought have great padding.

I also bought a really nice executive chair. It was $800 USD. The embossed leather ones were $500 USD. I'm expecting the chair to outlive me.

it's leather coated with PU. i have a PU leather couch with no peeling. you just need to get a high quality one.

And if you get a fabric chair all that ass stank will soak into it instead.

Attached: 1525828176056.webm (1280x720, 1.01M)

Buy a chair with a mesh.

>not breathable
>no airflow for your farts
>ass and back covered in sweat during summer
>arm rests don't slide back
>arm rests prevent you from pulling in close
>have to regularly polish your chair

OP your chair is garbage. Literally what is the point of leather in the first place? Just because it's expensive doesn't mean it's better.

Attached: 1546580552598.png (600x568, 524K)

>foam cushions lose their shape and become hard over time
>arm rest height not adjustable
Seriously is anything adjustable other than the seat height?

Attached: 1554986981514.jpg (834x906, 212K)

Overpriced chair, but some clone of this is definitelly best for airflow, smell, etc.

Attached: 8172.jpg (800x800, 87K)

Real, genuine, Leather is expensive.

marthastewart.com/shop/symple-stuff-symple-stuff-ergonomic-genuine-leather-task-chair-sypl4438-color-white-pa902990402ade52ede853b09af8f54de.html

I'm honestly thinking about going to thrift shop or a restore and finding one of those old winged leather reading chairs, cutting off the legs and attaching a pnumatic caster base to the solid wood bottom. Should be a fun project.

Only if you allow yourself to be ripped off. There are millions of cars with leather seats sitting in junkyards you could take material out of and recover any random chair you want. Same goes for leather jackets, clothes, couches, chairs, etc, etc.

jesus christ no one wants to do this

Not OP, but why?

There's a massive community of people who do this. You're just a pleb.

You can't just strip the leather off a car seat and repurpose it to your chair. Don't be that big of a faggot.

A lazboy

It's super easy, just account for the added weight and getting the appropriate base and piston.

You just need a piece of plywood that expands across the frame on the bottom. And bolt the plywood to the tilt mechanism.

Why the fuck do you need POO coating on leather?

>You can't just strip the leather off a car seat and repurpose it to your chair.
I could, and many other people have done such projects. However, it's usually more convenient to use the entire car seat and adapt it into a desk chair. There's actually a whole site about this

driverseatoriginals.com/

However, prices are about as much as you'd pay for a traditional chair. Better to DIY this since it is not really that hard.

Attached: rs=w_1200,h_1200[1].jpg (796x1200, 119K)

You dumb fucking ass hole. They aren't stripping the leather off. They're taking the whole seat, rails and motors, and all, and mounting it to a tilting base.

You are either very mad or extremely stupid or both. Because you have no ability to read the posts you're responding to from end to end.

Try again, slowly
>I could, and many other people have done such projects. However, it's usually more convenient to use the entire car seat and adapt it into a desk chair.

"it's usually more convenient to use the entire car seat and adapt it into a desk chair. "

Find me one person who strips the leather off a car seat and uses it for an office chair.
Since you claimed:
>I could, and many other people have done such projects.

Seriously how big are you guys that ass sweat is such a concern?

Attached: 1551906048162.jpg (768x1024, 86K)

Brainlet that can't follow plain English from sentence to sentence. I said you -could- take leather from a car seat. Or a jacket. Or an existing couch or chair. I did not say specifically people are going in and using only leather from cars. Although there are sites that deal in reclaimed leather and I'd bet a good deal of that comes from luxury cars.
>I could, and many other people have done such projects.
Such projects as recovering chairs with reclaimed leather, not specifically that which comes from car seats.

Is English your first language? I am getting a scent of sandnigger coming through here, who has been triggered by the notion that his precious LUXURY FINE LEATHER is not really that special.

Tropical climates are a bitch. You could be doing nothing snd sweat that much because of the humidity.

>Such projects as recovering chairs with reclaimed leather, not specifically that which comes from car seats.
Find me one you shit talking cock sucker.

Yup, we got an achmed on our hands here

>Strip the leather off a car seat
Hold up, why the fuck would you do this? Just re-purpose a car seat or something. Please excuse the tiny image.

Attached: 955e2573dc7c477ee198b416bf43402b.jpg (270x405, 18K)

Normal sized. I don't sweat like a pig but it's still annoying.

Remember this post the next time you want to open your stupid faggot mouth.

That's my point. You can't repurpose the upholstery. And using a car seat is stupid easy to do if the leather and vinyl is in decent condition. Problem is even at. Pick a part junkyards they get kind of expensive with the average price being around 300 bucks for a luxury car seat from a Lexus or BMW.

>That's my point. You can't repurpose the upholstery. And using a car seat is stupid easy to do if the leather and vinyl is in decent condition.
Goal posts so far away they are no longer visible from earth

Guys I think OP just wants to buy a chair, not manufacture and reupholster his own fucking furniture

You sound like a retard user when you're coming off high and mighty claiming something as a counterpoint other user brought up to you in the first place.

Faggots talking about turning car seats into office chairs and fucking upholstering. Peak autism. Here's your sign.

Then you shouldn't have posted this you fucking retard. You still haven't posted a single chair reupholstered from scrounged up leather jackets.

You sound like the other faggot calling people who buy leather office chairs plebes and getting ripped off. You wouldn't be same posting now would you?

I love asking people who have DXRacer chairs how many races they've won.

get a seat cushion, OP. Kensington makes a good one for around $30.

I don't get the point of car seats as gaming chairs.
Car seats are designed to hold you in one position, one place to overcome lateral G forces and the position where seat belts are most effective and your feet stretched out for driving.
I also sweat a heck of a ton in car seats.

Most chairs are crap in my experience, I sit in a chair at least 16 hrs a day, PU chairs start peeling in less than 2 years due to the 60~90% humidity and 34C ambients.
Bungie cable chairs sag and don't provide proper support.
Mesh chairs start tearing at the seams and I'm less than 60kg/133lbs, I get up and sit back down more than the average and friction takes it's toll it seems.
Real leather chairs last quite a bit but gotta condition it a lot and they will still eventually crack in the high humidity and be scratchy, eventually the padding will compress to the point that you feel like you're sitting on the metal plate at where the gas piston mounts.
Cloth just soaks up sweat and stink like hell in a hot humid climate.
Wanted to use a single seater sofa but I use an L desk and swivel alot.

I currently just use this cheap ass modular chair that I can easily get replacement parts for, changed the casters to roller blade casters and put a cushions on the seat replacing them as they flatten out. Replacement mesh backs are $25 USD shipped to my door when they rip and are height adjustable. There are 3~4 styles from short backs to super long ones with or without head rests.
Arm rests are height adjustable and swivels. I'm not a fat ass so I didn't opt for the aluminium base and other random upgrades like a super long back or fold out foot rests.
Chair was $50 shipped to my personal specs, but their most popular spec model is $38 while the bare bones wage slave model with a short back and no arm rest comes in at $30.

Attached: cheap chair.png (704x626, 264K)

I have a bonded leather chaur, bever sweat with that. But you will sweat with PU or real leather.
Honestly the best chairs are mesh fabric, they have amazing breathability and the adjustments on the chair are too notch.

I bought one on sale for $500 out of box and haven't looked back. I'm skinny and still get ridiculous amounts of ass sweat and hand to the point where I'm washing my hands a lot in order to not get my mouse and keyboard nasty