Installing Void at the moment and wow, it's been awhile since I've seen default xfce, but it's fugly...

Installing Void at the moment and wow, it's been awhile since I've seen default xfce, but it's fugly. What theme does Jow Forums use to make it look more tolerable? Also, am I making a mistake installing Void?

Attached: void.png (1920x1080, 524K)

Other urls found in this thread:

larbs.xyz/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Xfeces
Yes void is a meme don’t bother.

What do you use user? I'm coming from Linux Mint, I would rather go toward a distro that's entirely user driven; i.e. as far away from Canonical as possible.

Anarchy linux.

don't fall for meme distros and go for the original ones (Arch, Debian)

But isn't Arch just as much a meme as Void?

use dwm
also while you're at it, use larbs
>larbs.xyz/

Attached: luke.jpg (288x288, 15K)

Manjaro should be a comprable

Just stick to Slackware, user

Void doesn’t use systemd or pulse audio so shit is gonna probably be more complicated to configure. Plus printer drivers need to be fucking compiled. Don’t bother. If you want bleeding edge just use arch. If you don’t wanna put a lot of work in, use the Antergos installer while it still works. I recommend using budgie as your DE.

You can use pulseaudio on void

Actually, the default themes work just fine
Get rid of the dock and use a single panel to save screen space

You can get a decent looking setup just by fiddling with the built in themes.

Attached: 2019-05-24_21-47.png (1920x1080, 1.21M)

Sure, somewhat, but it's more of the same IMO.

>More default, unnecessary bloat software
>Based on another distro
>No need to (and in Mint's case, actively pushing against) learning about how the system works

I got a new laptop so I figured it would be time for a new distro, not something similar to what I had before. You feel, user?

Yeah but the difference is Manjaro is based on Arch while Mint is based on Cringebuntu

Okay.
I've installed Arch before and used it for a bit but I didn't have time to fiddle with it at the time. I'm trying to avoid using systemd if I can, otherwise I'll fall back on Arch again.
Are those icons on default XFCE installs?

>Are those icons on default XFCE installs?
No, sorry. Those are included with a default Ubuntu 19 install. (I installed Ubuntu and then installed XFCE)

The default XFCE icon sets are pretty OK though.

Can't change background color to black? Piss blue green makes everyone sick immediately. Good job retard.

>Literally said it's ugly in the post.
Happy to see that user still can't read.
Just checked out dwm and it looks really good, but is that necessary on a 1366*768 monitor?

there are a load of themes out there for xfce. try xfce-look. void is a great distro, it's pretty solidly stable for a rolling release, no systemd, comes with libressl, and has an option to use musl instead of glibc. there's a bit of manual configuring here and there and you may have to compile a library or driver by source, but that's never been a problem for me while i've used it, most things just werk. welcome to the void.

>don't fall for meme distros
>arch
>the original ones
>doesn't mention slackware

>am I making a mistake installing Void?
Yes.

Pointlessly avoiding systemd is retarded and you’re going to learn that the hard way. Systemd has been nothing but a godsend for Linux.

exactly what has systemd done that runit and openrc couldn't have done besides needlessly centralizing init around one init system? what does it do that /etc/rc.d can't do?

Endlessly strawman about sysvinit and ignore all else.

just werk

Just use paper or numix

Arc Dark, Papirus, Noto Sans

>paper
its dev has abandoned the project

changing the theme is a good start. you can edit the way things a lot with the settings

yes it is

Not much have changed actually. The best are still Greybird, Numix, Arc, Vertex, Zuki, and relatively new one, Plano (pic related).
There's also things like Adapta, but they don't really suit xfce.
You could also look up some old classic themes, like Clearlooks or Murrine, they still look good here.

Attached: plano.png (1600x900, 1.29M)

Man, I really forgot how ugly Xfce is by default. First fucking thing I do is change the theme. Usually Greybird or something.

Nordic is okay if you also use the Nord color palette.

Attached: 2347ca6d6cd3f733d4d8cf8765403f636f28.png (1370x750, 767K)

Xfce is cute

Attached: 112CCEB1-E659-4E49-90D6-307D2D093655.jpg (125x125, 3K)

That's x eff see ee?

No, it's Gnome, but it looks good with Xfce as well

fuck off luke

Xfce is partially being optimized for the shimmer project themes like "Greybird", "Bluebird" and something I don't recall the name of. But Numix is the best theme, especially when you patch it so that the focussed window gets an orange title bar as well. Kind of a big deal they forgot to make the front window distinguishable from the background windows.

XFCE with Chicago95 should be the only DE people use

Attached: 12223.png (1440x900, 228K)