Any IT support guys in?

any IT support guys in?
share your stories

Attached: support-900x400.jpg (900x400, 49K)

I once had sex.
The end.

How much do you guys get paid?

>Once walked into a seemingly empty room to work on a laptop
>It turns out that there was a pregnant woman hooked up to a milking machine in there
>We literally have a dedicated room for this purpose but the HR lady decided to put her in that office without warning on the door

doubt it

I also hate it when HR decides to milk women outside of the assigned hucow zones.

Nice quads.

It's actually pretty serious if you consider the #MeToo crap.

Attached: Picture2.jpg (472x308, 31K)

Thanks

2nd line support
I don't even know how to sum up what we actually fo
Basically just a dumping ground for 1st line and 3rd line

>IT at a middle school in a decent sized school district
>Chromebook program implemented poorly
>600 kids
>100 staff members
>They all are issued chromebooks/cases/chargers at the beginning of the year and keep them
>Literally 300+ cracked screens this year
>On top of that responsible for rest of campus electronics
>Phones, printers, smart boards, windows laptops and desktops, surveillance cameras, TV studio, audio and mic systems, inventory etc. The list goes on
>Also support dozens of different softwares, educational and administrative
>Only tech on campus, there is a upper field tech but he brings out equipment to schools in his zone mostly
>Make a whopping 37k/yr and want to kill myself
>Told principal this was a 2 person job and got blown off
>Don't really care, can make 50k+ with a lateral job move this summer

Pic related is a Chromebook a student lost, we locked and showed up on the side of the school a week later.

Attached: 20190510_095647~01.jpg (2080x3257, 1.11M)

Realized this was worded poorly. When I say they keep them, they bring them to and from school and turn them in at the end of the year. Or at least what they still have at the end of the year. I think the previous year we lost 30 chromebooks and countless chargers/cases.

When you are in this long enough you just don't want to talk about it anymore and tickets blur together.

That poor chromebook looks like it got nigged real hard. The worst part is probably the fact that it has no durable replaceable parts to easily swap out. If you leave, just imagine whats going to happen to the next guy the school hires to put up with this shit.

>Employee saved on files on recovery drive

>"Outlook doesn't work!"
>"Well, did someone actually write you?"
>"No"

>"I need a WiFi cable. Can you give me one?"

>I can't move a meeting in my calendar!
>employee tried to move the meeting in an other person's calendar

>"Where are my files on Dropbox?"
>"Hi xy, Dropbox has been discontinued 2 months ago."
>"Oh."

>"Good evening, just wanted to tell you that my Citrix killed itselg. Could you please reanimate it?"

>user reports a fault with their machine
>call up user
>she talks me through the problem and I offer remote assistance
>on the machine for a few minutes, can't find any faults
>call user back "I couldn't find find anything wrong with the machine, maybe it's fixed itself?"
>"oh that's a different computer, do you want me to power on the one with the problem?"

Paused for about 5 seconds then said "...yes"

Sys admin and all in one IT GUY for construction company

Idiot IT wannabe Admin guy deletes all the building site photos off a foremans phone.

I undelete the images remotely while he is looking at the screen to check they're all back... They were all back. ALL of them, including the naked selfies he took and sent to someone who isn't his wife. This is happening while we're both talking over the phone. There was a loooong silence at that point.

People from India are your eternal enemies if you work in ANY support.

People in China luckily don't have a clue to speak in English so they always hang up

Indians tho....

Same guy

Have to interview my replacement a month in advance of me leaving permanently. HR posts the job spec I wrote. 36 replies in 5 days. Sends me CVs

Every Indian guy is lying about their qualifications. Like all of them have CCNAs and MCSAs you can't verify.
Pick 3 decent candidates. Directors don't hire any of them. Instead give the job to a 40 year old who has no idea about IT and watches professor messer videos to get a clue.

Kicker: they pay him 6k more than me

prof messer is legit for a noob though

Sure, but the systems administrator/ sole IT guy is not a noob position

>be computer technician at new job
>find out several customers are suing us
>notmyproblem.jpg
>get injured, go on workers comp, get laid off
>weeks later see news articles about company
>video of building getting searched by US Marshalls, my boss is wanted for questioning on RICO charges
>they knocked over my box fort while searching the boxes :(
>realize I was handling "allegedly" stolen computer equipment
>I had no clue, totally innocent, still anxious as fuck about it

What's worse on a resume, a huge employment gap or this dumpster fire they'll uncover if they google my last employer?

Lost them as your last employer bro. Experience is what gets you hired. Nazi scientists were hired after the war by the US because not having morals is less important to a future employer as your skills and abilities

>Nazi scientists
*German.
For all you know they might have disagreed with the Nazi party.