Attached: logo_fb.png (250x250, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/learnwin32/your-first-windows-program
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/apiindex/windows-api-list
amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Gaming-Graphics-06G-P4-1263-KR/dp/B07RJGK1PW?th=1
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Document/cookie#Security
humanwhocodes.com/blog/2009/05/12/cookies-and-security/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When trying to install grub with grub-install along w/10 with an EFI partition but I get this error

"grub2-install: warning: this GPT partition label contains no BIOS Boot Partition; embedding won't be possible.
grub2-install: warning: Embedding is not possible. GRUB can only be installed in this setup by using blocklists. However, blocklists are UNRELIABLE and their use is discouraged..
grub2-install: error: will not proceed with blocklists."

Heard a nerd say if you want to increment a variable in C++ and you don't want to check it against its value, it's better to use ++x instead of x++.
Is that so and why?

>The following activities are prohibited, and constitute registration abuse which may result in cancelling, suspending, transferring and/or or deleting of the domain name. The Registrant and/or user of domain names in the TLD agrees to the following:
>Not upload, post, email, publish, transmit or otherwise make available (collectively, "Transmit") any Content that in the Registry’s sole discretion is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
what's a TLD registry that doesn't suck?

Jow Forums I have an old android phone that I want to connect to my dumb TV to act as a DLNA receiver. Is it possible? I have a raspberry Pi file server with all my animu. I used to have a Chromecast but it died.

>If ++ precedes the variable, e.g. ++counter, the value returned is the value in counter after it has been incremented.
>If ++ follows the variable, e.g. counter++, the value returned is the value in counter before it has been incremented.

Its only better because its faster because it dosn't have to wait until the next iteration

Hey I have a computer with a Ryzen 2200G using its iGPU and I have a 9500gt laying on my room. Is it possible to stick the 9500gt on the pci slot and have it do any sort of help in processing, ram or else? I thought it was possible because some CPU heavy software have a button to do the processing with the GPU.

What's the best way to get the windows 10 style aero snap on 7? I just wanna be able to drag to corners and have it snap to a quarter of the screen

Attached: 1401514306659.png (500x524, 236K)

there's a way to use vram as swap in linux
besides that, you can't just add a gpu to make your cpu faster, software needs to be explicitly written to use a gpu for accelleration

If you run macrium from a guest account in windows and do a full system image does this include the administrator account aswell

While cleaning up some old shit, I found my old 840 Pro that stopped working shortly after the warranty ran out (fuck you, Samsung). I never bothered and just bought a new one, but now it piqued my interested again. I don't care about the data, I just want more SSD space for games, so I wonder if I can get it to work under my new system.

It gets recognized by Samsung Magician and I was able to update to the latest firmware (pic related). However, Windows 7 recognizes it as two different drives:
> L: 400 MB (Data)
> M: 119 GB (Local Drive)

The M drive can't be formatted by Windows so far. Is there a way to unfuck it?

Attached: Samsung 840 Pro.jpg (887x556, 50K)

win+left

>wanna be able to drag to corners and have it snap to a quarter of the screen

Enlighten me about freesync, Jow Forums.
>to activate freesync you need both the monitor and gpu that support it, having only one (monitor w/ freesync but non-amd gpu or nvidia gpu below 1xxx) won't cut it
>if i have activated freesync, i don't need v-sync no more so I can just turn it off

Am I right or wrong?

Attached: 3d0.gif (302x318, 1.95M)

is it possible to steal a users cookie using only tag?
tried all sorts of things such as

yes, needs support by the monitor, gpu, and software (driver/os) (aka, everything)
it 'replaces' vsync, so to speak.
vsync: program renders to a backbuffer, then waits until the next vblank. the monitor is refreshed at a constant rate
freesync: program renders to a backbuffer, when it's done, it signals to the video driver that it's done, and the monitor is refreshed

simply put; the classic method of display output is to draw to the screen at a constant rate, like '60Hz', and you either just throw content at it (no vsync), or adjust your content to match the display (vsync)
while with freesync, the rate isn't constant, but rather software-driven, the monitor refreshes when the software is ready, not the other way around
this results in much lower latency, but inconsistent frame timing, it's not exactly a magic bullet

Nevermind the phone doesn't support MHL

Nevermind, after a bit of further searching, I found a Youtube guide. Now it works again. Awesome.

I want to do some lowlevel windows stuff like get mouse location, event listeners for keydown key up in a c++ program, where do i start? what library do i need?

Does anyone know why I might be getting this issue now? It wasn't an issue before, but now I can't use anything javascript related. I'm using iridium browser and activated javascript support int he settings but nothing is working. Might it be an issue with ublock origin?

Attached: 1533804609645.png (301x392, 12K)

I have this shitty ass project for school that I need to hand over on Wednesday. It’s a basic project to show that we understand PID control. The only problem is that the cables with which I make the connections keep the bar from moving freely. Is my only option to put everything on the bar, make sure everything is centered, and hope the motors are strong enough to move it?

Attached: A3D90B23-CEBB-459D-9B80-9C385C5A1BC1.jpg (4032x3024, 2.52M)

Hey lads. I'm trying to install Gentoo and, after setting it to update world, it has been schizophrenically printing walls of text for three hours. Is this standard?

yep.

if you have a fast computer, it might be taking longer than usual, make sure you aren't running low on memory, and ensure you set your make job count to your core count if you have a multicore cpu

is undervolting/overclocking actually as simple as just changing the values in the bios or is there more to it except checking if it's running stable? Does it somehow screw with anything for example when undervolting resulting in higher power usage while idle due to windows fucking up something with the optimization or anything like that?

Full color eink when? Seriously how fucking cool would that be.

What's the best software to use if I want to make a collage using tons of image?

Do you know how eink works? It's not possible.

What is the best free budgeting software for windows

Attached: Mint-budgets-for-Personal-Finance-Software-768x421.png (768x421, 89K)

>$90/mo budget for clothing
who buys clothing every month? or even every year?

Must have been a woman who made that screenshot lol

Use Visual Studio and the Win32 API.

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/learnwin32/your-first-windows-program

The API provides pretty much everything low level in Windows and is very well documented.

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/apiindex/windows-api-list

Things like mouse and keyboard events are passed to your program via messages. You check if there are new messages related to your window and the messages are then passed to a callback function (usually named WindowProc), where you can process the input.

I don't see why it shouldn't be, you'd have to do some kind of subpixeling to get different perceived intensities but who cares. also there are definitely color eink techdemos.

>CAN I REUSE MY HARD DRIVE AFTER IT HAS BEEN DEGUASSED?

>No, you cannot reuse a hard drive once it has been degaussed. This is because the degaussing process not only removes all the data, but it also removes the start up files. As such, a degaussed hard drive will not boot up.

Doesn't that mean you just have to reinstall the OS? or does degaussing break it permanently somehow?

Don't plan to actually do this but was googling it cause I got curious about those degaussing rod things and stumbled upon that

My guess would be that it would depend on the strength of the magnetic field, if it's strong enough it'll probably actually physically break the platter. I guess there's a chance that some control chip could be fucked up as well, I don't know too much about that though.

>No, you cannot reuse a hard drive once it has been degaussed.
true
>This is because the degaussing process not only removes all the data, but it also removes
yes...
>the start up files. As such, a degaussed hard drive will not boot up.
NO, what the fuck?

the issue with degaussing a hdd is that it will fuck up the disks' low level format, and modern hdd's cannot be low level formatted on their own, only the factory can do that
if you fuck the low level formatting, the disk is fucked
it's not nothing to do with files or booting or whatever else you normally have access to on a disk

ps. low level format should not be confused with "full format" or whatever, i'm talking the lowest level format, how the sectors themselves are laid out, you never ever touch the low level format in normal use (unless your disk is like 30+ years old)

for some reason old SCUMM games have glitched cursors in Windows 98 in PCEM. anyone know why this is? it's only when i load the game.

why not use ScummVM?

Anybody on Windows 1903?
Installed it fresh last night over 1809 and pic related is having me pull my hair out.
I have the Windows 7 volume controls and mixer, but this shortcut is just not having any of it.
I know there are direct ways to it like mmsys.cpl but I prefer this way.

Attached: Untitled.png (819x460, 69K)

i guess. it's just nice to have all my DOS games in one place, especially since everything else works fine

for dos games i'd recommend dosbox over win9x in pcem

Sooo could anyone help me with python?

For some reason it keeps saying that the index in columnsCSV[int(col)] is out of range, even tho I'm passing a CSV with 9 columns and I'm only picking number 0 and 1.

A little bit drunk rn, so help would be much appreciated

def csvColSelector(CSV, columnList):
#takes a CSV file, returns a list with n columns picked

CSVF = open(CSV)
auxLine = ""
CSVList = []
for line in CSVF:
columnsCSV = line.split(",")
for col in columnList:
auxLine += columnsCSV[int(col)] + ","
CSVList.append(auxLine)

CSVF.close()
return CSVList

huh. i heard PCEM was the more accurate emulator so I went with that. I'll try dosbox though, thanks

put your code in code tags so we can see the proper indentation

probably is more accurate, but dosbox is built specifically to run dos games

I have an old HDD (1TB, 7200 RPM 3.5") that I wish to transfer to a 1TB NVMe SSD I plan on buying soon. The HDD is a single partition with just movies, games, and tv shows on it, no windows boot.

What is the best way to transfer this over?

just learn how to use pandas.
bit of a learning curve, but it's about a million times better for shit like this.

I use Aqua Snap but it's not free.

def csvColSelector(CSV, columnList):
#takes a CSV file, returns a list with n columns picked

CSVF = open(CSV)
auxLine = ""
CSVList = []
for line in CSVF:
auxLine = ""
columnCSV = line.strip()
columnsCSV = columnCSV.split(",")
for col in columnList:
print(col)
print(columnList)
print(auxLine)
print(columnsCSV)
break
auxLine += columnsCSV[int(col)] + ","
CSVList.append(auxLine)

CSVF.close()
return CSVList

At first the problem was that I had a few "columnsCSV" that were just '\n' , so yeah, it was actually imposible to get to the position 2 of it.

Corrected that applying the strip method, but the problem persists.

Any ideas would be great

just in case, the prints and break are there cause I'm trying to see where it fucks everything up

This is an awk one liner, jesus christ

Ok, I'm ready to improve it, any ideas?

What's a Chrome extension that lets me block certain websites? I tried StayFocusd but my problem with it is that it only lets you choose a global time limit for all blocked sites when I want a different limit (or full block) for certain sites.

I upgraded to Win 10 pro from Home using a key (no clean install) and all seemed fine but I noticed after starting up my computer the mouse becomes laggy for a few seconds and also the search is a bit laggy, this menu appears instantly without animation as soon as I start typing. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Attached: Screenshot (2).png (1011x822, 68K)

Bump

so what does it print before it crashes?
you could just check if len(columnsCSV) is > col before you index into it

Besides pic related, what resource do you recommend for learning AI? I have exactly 6 days to study for the final

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-25 at 1.53.59 PM.png (528x682, 475K)

You could identify whether uBlock Origin was the issue or not by disabling it in your browser and try running JS again. If it works, it's your addon.

I use Home Bank

What is the difference between XC and SC?

Why does the cheaper model have a backplate?

amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Gaming-Graphics-06G-P4-1263-KR/dp/B07RJGK1PW?th=1

There you go. Or just block it yourself on host file.

Attached: chrome_XO2CAPbFoN.png (790x845, 107K)

it was True just before the last line, apparently for some reason the CSV file had a last line that was a '' string, so of course, no way [''] has enough value for me to ask anything but the index 0

now it's working, thanks

How do I find out what made my computer shut off unexpectedly?

btw parsing csv is not as simple as splitting on commas but if you're creating the csv yourself and know it's guaranteed to work then fine

windows? event viewer might have some clues
debian based linux? /var/log/syslog* might have some clues

What kind of connector is this? It belongs to a big side case fan and I accidently plugged it out today when I cleaned the dust out of my case.

But now I can't find the right connector anymore (been over 5.5 years since I put the current build together) since no 4-pin fits and feel like an absolute retard.

The board is a Asus Z87 Pro.

Attached: Connector.jpg (1010x705, 196K)

The board

Attached: Z87 Pro motherboard.jpg (956x1193, 219K)

Since this morning (4chanx firefox) whenever I hover over posts it won't highlight the posts I'm hovering over. The setting seems to be on still and I'm not sure if it's a new update firefox pushed

4-pin fan headers are designed to take 3-pin and 4-pin connectors. Try harder.

Typically, no. Websites which have implemented standard security measures will not be vulnerable to this kind of attack.

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Document/cookie#Security

humanwhocodes.com/blog/2009/05/12/cookies-and-security/

Please don't screw up OP next time. All you need to include is the previous thread. I'll post in your thread instead of the queer's next time.

How do I know what resolution a crt monitor or tv might support if I don't know the model number?
I am shopping around.

I have a 3.7V battery and a 5V charging board, which actually outputs 4V.
Is that safe?

Yes.
>3.7V
I assume it's a li-ion battery and you charge those with ~4V. Do an image search for "how to charge li ion battery" for graphs about the process and you'll see.

Back in the day you had to change jumpers and switches on your mobo.
Modern mobos support over/under volting/clocking right from BIOS/UEFI setup.
They also revert to a safe value automatically if you go overboard and because of that boot fails and you need to reset.

I currently have Manjaro installed on my home machine. I'm not autistic enough for Gentoo. Apparently it only takes around ~30 mins to install Arch by following the wiki. Would it be worth it to install an Arch installation for me?

Attached: 1556577471591.jpg (469x463, 75K)

You can only estimate.

How long does it take to transition over to i3-gaps from gnome? Is i3 just a meme or is it for autists?

Why did you post this anime pic. Is your expression that of the girl? Do you want to get fucked?

>posting an anime picture in an anime image board
idk. I guess I'm autistic?

usually there is a context. so I will repeat the question, is your facial expression that of the anime girl you posted? Do you want to get fucked?

I'm pondering, yes. I do not want to get anally fucked. Thanks for worrying about me, user.

np

you might have a week of stumbling over odd issues that you might not expect to have when you ditch a desktop environment for a window manager, you should probably invest some time into learning some tools like xrandr or figure out what DE tools will work on i3 for doing stuff like monitor management, learning the hotkeys (there aren't many) and going through the config is probably the best thing you can do early on
whether or not it's autistic depends entirely on your use case and what you want out of i3
personally the biggest difficulty I had when switching to i3 was trying to wrap my head around tiling window management and not relying on floating windows, once I managed to grok the tiling window management model I couldn't switch back to floating window managers

I wouldn't recommend the switch if you're not at least proficient with the linux command line/tools and googling for issues unless you're following a good guide that will walk you through the issues you're bound to run into, I don't have a good guide to recommend

>and going through the config
I mean going through the config as well as the FAQ

I have no idea what in my computer case is making this noise. Every once in a while I hear one single very loud cracking sound. And I even hear it sometimes when the computer turns off. For an hour or so.

Any idea what it could be?

JavaScript issue perhaps? Have you tried other browsers and/or disabling certain addons?

Not sure. Cracking sound to me is either a HDD issue or a fan catching on something. An easy way to test is to turn components off; unplug your HDD: does your cracking sound occur? Push a pen between your PSU fan before boot and does your sound still occur? etc. etc. Just try not to break it more whilst doing it but just do the typical troubleshooting shit to find what the root cause is...

I think one of the case fans under the HDD stopped blowing awhile ago. Could that be it?

>4-pin fan headers are designed to take 3-pin and 4-pin connectors.

How? Those little side wings are getting blocked by the 4th pin.

>what's an archive?

Just opened my case and noticed the one fans spins for 15 seconds, then stops for a couple minutes then spins for 15 etc etc.

Im running a laptop, gnome, arch linux
How do I make my monitor primary and not even show the laptop display at all?

My video drivers are fucked after installing and uninstalling drivers for an Nvidia graphics card and swapping to an AMD card. I can't boot into Linux without using recovery mode and software rendering. Is there any simple way to reinstall and use the default video drivers that came with the OS? Google gives me a dozen different answers that don't work or look so complicated that I know they won't work.

I'm using Linux Mint 18.3 (Sylvia).

Attached: HKZI9U0.jpg (1875x2500, 2.94M)

I have an E and C drive on my PC. I put all my games on E since it was way more space. When I install a game on Steam though, it always installs the shortcut on the C drive. Is there any way to make it install the shortcut on E ? It does this even when I have Steam itself on E drive and install the game on E drive

>How do I change the default installation path for my games?
>Navigate to your Steam client 'Settings' menu.
>Select 'Steam Library Folders' from the 'Downloads' tab.
>From here, you can view your default installation path, as well as creating a new path by selecting 'Add Library Folder'.
This just after doing a quick google search

pls halp

Attached: 1469159625351.jpg (480x640, 41K)

my games install on E. but not the shortcuts. they still install on C

Disabled everything except tampermonkey/4chanx and the option still isn't working. Installed chrome and it worked fine

thanks user that was really helpful

Attached: rP8zxXU[1].png (806x585, 304K)

I am moving soon. Do I have to be really anal about how I move my $1000+ PC? or am i worrying too much? Can I probably just put it in my car and it will be fine?