IT work industry it's a joke

>Be me
>High school degree on IT (programming)
>Bachelor degree as IT engineer (23 people out of 170)
>Master degree as IT engineer (13 people out of 23)
>Get 50+ of working offers
>A lot of those examinators (Human resource faggots) ask me to take a programming test
>Fuck you.jpg
>Unemployed

I should have become a woodworker.

Attached: Me04jVB-picsay.jpg (457x457, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vxeM8ucicqw
youtube.com/watch?v=CVEuPmVAb8o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why would you bother with your masters? Should have gotten your bachelors and then worked and had them pay for it while you worked. Also you're a retard

>High School Degree
what fucking country? Also sounds like you're just a brainlet that can't write a resume.

Why not just take the fucking HR programming test? HR is a cancer but a cancer you have to deal with.

I paid nothing, the govern paid for me (scholarship), in Europe we don't have need to student loans.
It's just that i found absurd that another test it's required.

Because it's a joke that i got a Bachelor degree and i have to prove that i'm able to sort a fucking array, dynamic programming, trees and others

That's because the degree is indeed a joke and many people who get a degree really can't fizzbuzz.

I meant diploma

protip to get past the hr autofilter
1. copy entire job posting
2. 1pt white font
3. paste into bottom of resume
4. ?????
5. profit

You are wrong, sorta....some people in my class which got a bachelor degree are morrons.
But here you don't get a master degree in IT engineering if you are not very good at programming.

Didn't read, you're a faggot OP

of course it's a joke. hr, managers and other people there are mostly the brainlets that couldn't get a decent degree. you can't expect them to have any competence, but this is the world we live in, get used to it.

Well bachelor degree is what you said.
Anyway, in some companies and departments within said companies HR is really just an obstacle management uses to engage in more effective nepotism.

Except you can get a degree in HR, but it's about as meaningful as Jamaican underwater basket weaving.

Since he wanted to learn more?

What is this supposed to do

Gets past the resume filter bot that checks your resume for keywords, ensuring a pair of human eyes always looks upon it.

The world as a collective has been saying "academia is a scam and you'll be in debt for life" for the last 30 years AT LEAST. You made a mistake.
>I should have become a woodworker.
100%

youtube.com/watch?v=vxeM8ucicqw
youtube.com/watch?v=CVEuPmVAb8o

>But here you don't get a master degree in IT engineering if you are not very good at programming.
Any and every qualification can be gained from oral sex. I won't forget this, and neither will your interviewer. Remember that.

Attached: 4db116dc93e12e67477da1d1cf4be4a5d5b4a7d85ae4c36046da2e42f298e198.jpg (505x256, 26K)

Well, the honest truth is that your employability is going to be 90% what connections you've made or how determined you are to get fucked.

Let me explain, if you want a job right now and you don't care what it is, you can find a staffing firm to make you their slave. Think FDM tier companies. They will find you a job unless you're woefully incompetent. The job will be terrible, and your pay will be awful. Likewise, if you have experience, you can go to Cap Gemini, Cognizant, even some Big 4, etc, and they will find you a job. They will also rip you off as it is their business model.

For the connections, that's really the heart of it. I got hired for my current job for example because I happened to know someone who was rather high up in the company from church. He asked me if I was looking for a new role, I applied, the interview was a farce, and boom, hired. The guy who got that job? He knew the CEO from the army. The entire top brass of the company? They knew eachother from college, the army, or other companies.

>
>I paid nothing, the govern paid for me (scholarship), in Europe we don't have need to student loans.

>monetary is the only concern that came to mind
sorry for you

If money isn't your primary concern in employment, then you're probably retarded.

Yeah hold on let me just succ up a HR guy through my fucking virtual workspace

>implying I wouldn’t take a pay cut if it meant having a job with near 0 effort put into it

How big of a pay cut? Eitherway, I wouldn't recommend, I had a job like that for a while. Clock in at 10, clock out at 3.

>These roles can only really survive in huge companies. Usually, really bad companies.
>Idleness breeds paranoia. Your boss left? You better hold onto your ass.
>You quickly burn through all your time wastes.
>Zero effort work is often pointless work.
>Zero effort work also isolates you from possible other opportunities as you're not actually doing anything to attract notice.

Anyway, if you're going to take this to the extreme, why not just take like an 80% pay cut and collect autismbux?

This gets you on blacklists now. Only do it if you want to unlock super unemployment. Just tailor your resume to the job description every time.

Attached: 1520220803262.png (500x267, 290K)

Nigga that is the test, to create that virtual workspace that allows for the HR guy to sudo sex-get your mouth

I wouldn't actually bother with applying. Allow head hunters or staffing agencies to contact you. Show that you're looking for opportunities on job sites. Have a general resume and let them do that.

>Why not apply through HR?
You can, but I've never actually met someone who got their job this way. The only time I would say to do so is if you're applying internally.

>But what if I'm really good and would definitely go through and win the role.. blah blah blah
Then you especially shouldn't be wasting your time with that.

>Go to company's coding test
>It's actually pretty challenging
>Feel bad about it
>Get called in to interview
>They say I did very well, and yes their tests are indeed hard
>Get hired
Feels good man
Now I'll just have to deal with imposter syndrome

Attached: steve200pcnice.png (371x532, 281K)

Good job user. You followed though instead of being a total sperg like OP

how do i find an opportunity like this

Blame everyone who gets meme CS degrees, gets through bootcamps, get certificates of completion or passed corporate certification tests yet can’t even accomplish basic tasks without

>muh import library

Source? I thought it still worked

Connections are a meme, if you're decent you'll have recruiters lining up to suck your dick anyway. But any decent company will have some kind of test to make sure you're not retarded.

If you can't take a simple programming test you should learn to program
You've had literal years of interest in IT to do this by now.
Start with something that you're interested in and write a program around it to help you push through those first setbacks and bugs.

> Be, Electrical engineer.
> Interview in a hardware consultancy company of 300 employees.
> Owner of company does the interview.
> Surprise test.
> Don't worry user, these are simple problems.
> user, I will give you 30 min to develop an algorithm that takes in a 1-bit grayscale 128x128 image and finds the contour of each object in said picture.
> user, I will give you 30 min to develop an algorithm to generate the entire gray code table from scratch.
> Later on in the interview.
> user, I don't fully understand your master thesis but that is probably because of you.

> Be, Electrical engineer.
> Get contacted by HR from a different hardware consultancy company of 80 employees.
> Had an interview with a female that does not understand of lot about IT
> Got a good introduction and feel of the company
> Relaxed atmosphere
> Went over the entire resume and past experiences in detail.
> Talk about expected salary.
> user, you have an interesting profile and we are in desperate need for a embedded c programmer for a client of ours, we will contact you again in June for another interview and discuss the details of the project.

Guess what company I would rather work for? Human Resources is a valuable position. Like any good developer, a good HR mangers is hard to come by.

imagine needing a degree for an IT job

I'm at work right now and shitting around on my gaming laptop

get rekt with redditspace, niggers

>at work on Saturday
We are talking about good jobs.

Not the user you replied to, but anyone working Sunday gets a few extra bucks an hour and 4 10s at my work.
Lots of IT jobs have benefits for those who work weekends. Many like to do it because management is rarely around on those days so shit is easy going.

three day workweek in a data center and remote for the rest of my time, it's okay to be jealous, I'm sure all those mice you replace throughout the weekdays for old ladies makes your saturdays and sundays a relief though LOL

I would, we have no autism bucks in this country, to be neet means 0 income.

In my company we heavily utilize programming / logic based tests to be done by candidates. Every single time someone starts bitching about them they have serious issues answering our questions and completing the programming exercises. The tasks are quite easy for someone who has been in the industry for a couple of years but quickly weed out those who would be incapable of performing at work on the desired level.

I hope that you do not mean those stupid trick questions that are never actually used at work, and you know answers to them only because you've googled "trick programming questions" and memorized answers to popular ones.

Why the fuck would i replace mice for old ladies?

We use problems that are commonly seen in our daily programming, mainly the kind of questions that vet whether the candidate can understand scale or not. Our code handles some tens of thousands of requests per second with a database containing few petabytes of data. It sets some limits to the queries you can use, which data structures to go for, and such. Without a basic understanding of time complexity one just can't be let to work with the system, this of course is something a reputable university handles during the first year so it's not an issue for most. Then there are some questions regarding basic security stuff (we don't want anyone storing passwords in plaintext), testing habits, etc.

>Jamaican underwater basket weaving
How smoke spliff while work?

Good to know that you are not google, gosh they got some retarded shit going on the whiteboard tests. "well user, lets hope you've googled this specific trick question from this popular book from trans half black half indian furry"

put in some effort

That kind of shit blows. It has nothing to do with the person's ability to complete their work. Competitive programming is a nice hobby and a good sign in a candidate but it doesn't belong to interviews, neither do whiteboard exercises since no one ever should work under that kind of stress. Our problems can be solved at home when you feel relaxed, there are no answers for them on the internet.

How else are the interviewers going to feel superior? It's the techfags dick measuring contest, masqueraded as an interview.

>be me
>IT dev
>HR keeps pestering me to make interviews
>mostly clueless pajeets and waste of my time
>give HR a simple programming test sheet
>ask HR to run it with everyone before getting them to me
>dealing with pajeets filtered out

>He never did any internships
>He never volunteered

HAHAHAHA go flib burgers, people want experience

If you are so good at it then a simple graph search won't be an issue, right?

Attached: fedora.gif (320x240, 1.64M)

different user,but not even that,if you really want to filter candidates and save your sanity ask them to write a program to print the number 5 four times.if they can solve that,then ask them to do fizzbuzz.

Well, then you would easily be able to solve any hr test then so why complain?

Nice try HR.
Meanwhile in my company HR is fucking impossible to get past so almost no one is hired without nepotism at work and one mediocre guy whose mother was the boss of HR got promoted three times in three years and all of his 6 friends working here also got promoted afterwards, only one of them shows some kind of promise.

tfw got a job via nepotism and get paid to waste time, surf the web etc . Do about 5 hours of legitimate work a week

That's many of all the desk jobs that exists today, many people have to seek therapy for having such jobs because they feel worthless and that their lives have no meaning. Also in times of strife such jobs are often the first to go.

Lmaoooo your degree is just in programming? Where do you even find degrees based only on programming

Be honest, what interview questions have you failed?

For me it's "what does a triple equals sign do" and specific things on design patterns.

Attached: 57506403_2328139647475420_3949657148186900269_n.jpg (799x799, 80K)

failed an interval interview merging question for Facebook. I felt stupid afterward

Attached: 1558591989213.png (885x813, 683K)

>he fell for the degree meme
You only have yourself to blame

God, I remember that thread. Good times.

>programming test
>IT
?????

I just applied for the position online, and wasn't a sperg in the interview

OP is not wrong. Something is super fucked in the industry. We're talking CS degree w/ magna cum laude, history of working with big companies, personal projects people use, FOSS contributions to major projects, activate github profile, tech blog, book contributions. Interviews are 5+ stages. Code challenges can take 20-30 hours (no joke). I'm extremely friendly and sociable. what the fuck gives?