Attached: DPG.png (180x193, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

project-everest.github.io/
github.com/SerenityOS/serenity
youtube.com/channel/UC3ts8coMP645hZw9JSD3pqQ/videos
github.com/scrooloose/vim-slumlord
plantuml.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=2Op3QLzMgSY&list=PLE18841CABEA24090
stackoverflow.com/questions/1159208/can-i-use-common-lisp-for-sicp-or-is-scheme-the-only-option
gigamonkeys.com/book/
github.com/norvig/paip-lisp
braveclojure.com/
ds26gte.github.io/tyscheme/
scheme.com/tspl4/
people.eecs.berkeley.edu/~bh/ss-toc2.html
web.archive.org/web/20180617055834/http://www.shido.info/lisp/idx_scm_e.html
docs.racket-lang.org/getting-started/index.html
htdp.org/
u.teknik.io/1nRiw.pdf#g3oQQRrgK0pQy66h25HMpkDpEdI0kpoD
learnxinyminutes.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impostor_syndrome
github.com/SerenityOS/serenity/blob/master/Kernel/Devices/RandomDevice.cpp
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xoroshiro128+
xoshiro.di.unimi.it/
xoshiro.di.unimi.it/xoroshiro128plus.c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for C

Is there any contender for dependently type common programming to Idris right now?
(PS I know math people use Agda and Coq, I'm a math PhD myself)

Attached: applbla.jpg (1280x1792, 260K)

Kys

nth for Nim!

sir this is a coding thread please understand sir

nth for please don't ignore me when when i ask you ocaml questions.

JavaScript rocks!

Attached: 2ef08f725caaf9d5950ce9ddea08ee0a.jpg (942x1200, 119K)

nice thumbnail

9th for rust die

Did serenity guy post today?

10th for vert.x is the best web framework

Is there anything i can do to get better at building bigger and bigger programs?
At the moment i feel like the only way is to build bigger and bigger programs, but i dont really control what scale of projects i get assigned at work.

I realize this question is super vague, i'd just like to hear how people went from first job to experienced devs. Did something other than just experience help?

F*

Talk with the boss? Get into a small open source project and take it over?

I'm white but I work at an Indian it firm.

I know one Israeli blockchain company which uses it (Zen Protocol), but does it find application elsewhere?
(Before you say anything, with Idris I'm looking at Statebox, but yeah to be honest it's not like I know big players either)

Attached: mygf.jpg (1080x1332, 164K)

project-everest.github.io/

Attached: programming.jpg (1000x1000, 1.06M)

pedophilia is an illness

aww hahah moralfag redditor acccidentally got lost and ended up on Jow Forums haha

kill yourself faggot

"devs" btfo

Attached: mpv-shot0001.jpg (535x620, 51K)

aww hahah moralfag redditor acccidentally got lost and ended up on Jow Forums haha

Its primary import isn't as a sexualized image but as an accurate reflection of the experience of programmers.

which makes no sense
since the skinny, short other dude "Child Emperor" is the dev one

>take it over

Attached: 1539942549468.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

based

You either make the right connections in your company and find a way to leverage yourself into bigger projects or you become too big for your pond and you leave. Simple as that.

so much talented people are posting here, it makes me feel like shit.

Attached: sa.jpg (251x231, 44K)

dont worry user Im still here and Im a useless piece of shit :)

>talented people
who?

github.com/SerenityOS/serenity

I wouldn't compare myself to that guy

Attached: terryneon.jpg (480x360, 35K)

>so much talented people are posting here
are we in the same thread?

>Did something other than just experience help?
no you just have to build bigger programs

why? he sounds much more sane than terry
youtube.com/channel/UC3ts8coMP645hZw9JSD3pqQ/videos

Sorry to repeat my question, but do you guys know some tool to document UML? I am sick of doing all the draw.io drawing manually...

Attached: 1544637340987.png (246x246, 85K)

>UML
but why

if u use Doxygen it can actually auto generate the class hierarchies of your project

have used several, they were all shit though

gonna ask here too
how do I apply pic related? I've never messed directly with bytes and hex so I have no idea how to search for 0x448988 and change it to 0x40240000
using linux btw, help?

Attached: cursed webm maker.png (1400x180, 38K)

It helps to visually organice things. And also to delegate classes to others so they have some context for how they can call internal functions and how.
[spoiler] and also because I have University tasks about it [/spoiler]

Doxygen, seems cool i'll try it

yeah, I mean, why there are not more alternatives to the 3 shitty ones we have? I'm sure that if someone makes a perfect tool about it it would make quite some amount of profit (It's not like it has Neural networks where money's at tho).

Hi user!
I'm messing around in GIMP with some new ideas for a window titlebar look based on the "Watercolor" theme that Windows XP had during its beta.

Attached: Screenshot at 2019-05-25 22-56-08.png (1920x1080, 960K)

>be programmer
>performance review comes along
>$500 bonus next week

what would you buy?

Groceries.

a gun so I can finally kill myself

Bitcoin

I'm creating a game engine for interactive fiction type games where you give the program a "game map" written in a declarative programming language and it builds a fully functional text adventure game from that. Pic related is some sample code in the language I'm designing for implementing adventure programs for the engine (I won't bother with the actual engine code, since it's basically just a boring ol' C program using the C Standard Library, and also because it's not even remotely functional yet). This engine will make it possible to easily write a fully functional interactive fiction program without having to re-implement any of the low-level algorithmic details of the game, because I've separated the implementation component from the creative component. It's a pretty exciting project and I've been at it for the last two days. Hoping to get something functional real soon.

Attached: game_map.png (657x577, 11K)

can only spend it on tech though

github.com/scrooloose/vim-slumlord
plantuml.com/

Attached: 1558675309491.jpg (357x379, 38K)

Dildos, Aneroses, vibrators.

What's a good book for a beginner looking to learn functional programming?

SICP

I'm a dumb person, user. Have something easier?

The first half of the book is a generic introduction to functional programming. The Haskell specific things are introduced in the second half.

Attached: programming in haskell.jpg (1012x1345, 965K)

Attached: lisp.png (493x650, 481K)

Dumb people should stick to Python.

All lectures of SICP are on youtube.

check this playlist

youtube.com/watch?v=2Op3QLzMgSY&list=PLE18841CABEA24090

did you develops senerityos's apps with ubuntu or with senerityos itself?

I'm doing all the development work on Ubuntu so far. I will switch to Serenity eventually, once the performance and stability is good enough.
1 month ago, compiling "Hello World" took 30 seconds, today it takes roughly 2 seconds. So things are moving forward, but it's still way too slow for compiling big programs, like the system itself :)

Attached: wicked-child.jpg (259x194, 12K)

buying things is a trap to keep the middle class down

save your money and retire early, stop giving money to the elite!!!!

i want to learn lisp but i already know how to program, have gone through K&R and did stuff in java and python - will reading SICP be a waste of my time? it seems like an introductory book. any other books on the topic?

Actually I recently came to the conclusion that using python is the most big brain thing you can do.
Why? Well software these day has such little value that it's just not worth putting effort into anything. Just code the shit as fast as possible and move on to the next thing.

The problems are actually interesting to think about, but also be aware that SICP is written specifically for Scheme and not Lisp.
stackoverflow.com/questions/1159208/can-i-use-common-lisp-for-sicp-or-is-scheme-the-only-option

gigamonkeys.com/book/
github.com/norvig/paip-lisp
Avoid scheme mit, use Common Lisp.

figure out the solution to my C problem from yesterday.
typedef const struct { ... } A;
typedef struct { ... } B;
typedef struct {
A a;
B b;
} C;

C c_arr[5] = { ... };

and then to modify elements, i pass a C* as an argument into a function, and then modify the element.

question of the day: why can't /dpt/ program in C?

I'm very excited to see how serenity goes.

No one gives a shit

no one on Jow Forums unirionically uses C

me too

Attached: 1553312849945.gif (500x558, 1.46M)

I really didn't understand why you defined it as C[3] yesterday, it's a syntax that I never use.

Reminder that C++20 has range-based-for with initializer.
for (auto vec = foo(); auto i : vec) {
std::cout

Attached: 1548211924225.jpg (635x903, 92K)

bored winnie the pooh:
(f x y)

tuxedo winnie the pooh:
f x y

Thanks anons. I’m gonna keep working on it. Some people are showing up to contribute lately, would be fun if they become very productive so we can really get moving :)

what computer do you use to develop? macbook?
Also, can you post the wallpaper from the previous screenshot?

clojure
braveclojure.com/

scheme
ds26gte.github.io/tyscheme/
scheme.com/tspl4/
people.eecs.berkeley.edu/~bh/ss-toc2.html
web.archive.org/web/20180617055834/http://www.shido.info/lisp/idx_scm_e.html

racket
docs.racket-lang.org/getting-started/index.html
htdp.org/
realm of racket (PDF) u.teknik.io/1nRiw.pdf#g3oQQRrgK0pQy66h25HMpkDpEdI0kpoD

quick rundown for clojure, scheme, racket, common lisp, ...
learnxinyminutes.com/

keep your dirty panties in the laundry basket, you vile demon

So I am looking for new job opportunities. Despite working as a software developer at a company for years I am realizing I don't actually know how to do anything. I was given the tasks of creating a database with a couple of entities, a java backend, and a frontend for visualization and to allow for data entry to be presented as part of the technical interview. They gave me the requirements and the email says this should take about half an hour.

I feel retarded because I feel like it should take a bit more than half an hour. It's taken me half an hour just to figure out where I should host it so I can present it to them. I think I might have been secretly retarded this whole time.

Attached: nervous.jpg (198x254, 16K)

I decided to learn C by writing a project in it. Its going pretty OK but i was a retarded newbie yesterday.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impostor_syndrome

depending on the task

>database with a couple of entities => 5minutes
>java backend => 15 minutes
>frontend for visualization => 10 minutes

What's the requirements?

I can paraphrase the task so I can have it confirmed I'm a retard:
>category entity that can be nested n-deep
>product entity that can be put into the category entity
>java backend that will deliver all this to a front end
>front end that can visualize the nested category entities
>CRUD operations on both entities
>elements in the UI so you can search by category & subcategory and perform operations based on category
>they say it isn't required but would like me to do this with their technology stack (they give a list of stuff they use internally)

The email reads specifically:
>Please return your results in the next few days. We appreciate your time. It should take between 30-45 minutes to complete.

They want me to submit both a view able finished thing and my code for review

>github.com/SerenityOS/serenity/blob/master/Kernel/Devices/RandomDevice.cpp

Xoroshiro128+ is a much better PRNG than a linear congruential generator and is still quite simple to implement.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xoroshiro128+
xoshiro.di.unimi.it/
xoshiro.di.unimi.it/xoroshiro128plus.c

Attached: doeslifeworthit.jpg (2709x2032, 646K)

they want you to do their job for free. Java AND webshit are an abysmal mixture and it could take a day if we are talking about deployment and test coverage. that is, if you have experience writing backends and frontends and already have your system setup correctly.

quick notes. probably wrong idk

entity with a recursive relationship?
foreign key in the category, 1 to N relationship?
you can write a very simple java webserver that listen on 8080 for example and allows GET, PUT, DELETE, POST comands to the database
jdbc driver => postgres, Oracle
being Java do they want servelets, Java Struts??
easy
>elements in the UI so you can search by category & subcategory and perform operations based on category
button that calls a java function in the backend that goes through all elements and returs the required results
>they say it isn't required but would like me to do this with their technology stack (they give a list of stuff they use internally)

why not just have a category entity as an element of each category entity?
define a product entity and make that an element of each category entity?
get a java DB library and read/parse data from the database, then sends that data to frontend (dunno, haven't used java for backend before)
just use some CSS, HTML, and JS
dunno what crud is
have a form in the front-end GUI that sends queries to the java backend which then does the heavy lifting
if you think using their API will lighten the load and make the job faster then you should use their stack, otherwise doing this entire project should take no more than 1 hour.

t. newbie webdev who did 2 projects

are you applying for senior? no? then fuck that.
>database with a couple of entities
>5minutes
we are not talking about intellij's startup time

talk is cheap. show me the code.

feel free to contribute, i'm sure the serenity dev would appreciate the extra help.

fuck off Linus

>using inteliJ

>are you applying for senior? no? then fuck that.
what do you mean? if you refuse they think you're full of shit on being a programmer

Ok.

I'm not really asking how to do it. I know how to get this done as it's what I did at my last job. I was just a bit concerned about the speed because half an hour seemed like not a lot of time. Especially while I am trying to teach myself some of their technologies and getting it hosted for them to interact with.

>are you applying for senior? no? then fuck that.
This is for an entry level position I believe.

Attached: vN3iZ3W.jpg (494x333, 32K)

Is their motto "move fast, break things"?

No idea. From what the woman told me over the phone during my initial screening they normally ask for it back in 'a couple of days', but that they were going to be generous because of labor day weekend and wait on it until early next week.

Half an hour is beyond crazy optimistic and into unrealistic. If you were already familiar with their codebase and it were a simple matter of assembling existing pieces or using a framework you already understand, then that’d still be optimistic.

I'm using a $400 Intel NUC running Ubuntu. I don't need anything fancy :)

Attached: Windows NT Tiles - blueday.jpg (192x192, 38K)

i mean't to say *figured

Or maybe you meant this wallpaper.

Attached: channelart.jpg (3200x2560, 1.95M)