Surface Appreciation Thread

Surface Appreciation Thread

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-05-25 14-22-21.png (984x576, 295K)

what the fuck is there to appreciate, this flimsy piece of cocks is made of fucking FABRIC, it's not only fucking impossible to repair or upgrade because you have to TEAR THE FUCKING FABRIC but any kind of exposure to humidity and it's FUCKED
i saw one "guy" spill a bit of juice on one of those at a hackathon and he immediately started tearing up and held it upside down above his head trying to slurp the liquid out, it was dead within 3 minutes as i laughed with my drain holes next to him

Attached: file.png (800x600, 451K)

It works well, great Windows experience, looks great, and is well-built.

Sucks about the juice. I keep liquids away from mine and I never eat near my PC. I always wash my hands before using a keyboard. Taking care of your stuff goes a long way.

Why is "guy" in quotes?

Surface Go a cute, CUTE!

I've watched teardowns of teh Surface. They have to cut into the fabric in those videos. If you do that, how do you reassemble? Like, say you want to add some RAM. How would you do that effectively?

you realize theres no fabric on the actual computer part right

Look up Flickergate

This just happened to my surface. Right after the 3 year period of free replacement.
Should've bought a chinkpad.

nothing to do with my post

Microsoft made a critical design flaw several generations into the surface line
I don't know how one can justify buying a surface knowing this

because i needed something for school and its done more than anything i need the past three years. stop being autistic

>has a fan
>but is glued shut
lel

Your surface could experience a hardware defect at any point and you won't be able to do anything about it. Even if you get it fixed or replaced with the same model it is bound to happen again.

>microshit toy
no thank you

I've always been able to understand the argument of "weight." Weight is a legitimate complaint when talking about laptops. However, I've never understood the complaint about thickness. Your arms don't get tired carrying something thicker or thinner. Plus, to get something thinner, you have to start ripping things out, like a DVD drive, or USB ports.
Furthermore, making something thin just introduces unnecessary risks and complications that aren't needed.

you are genuinely upset about somebody elses purchase

I don't want some retard to direct others to purchase products with hardware defects or potential hardware defects.
"Works for me" isn't gonna do anything for them when their shit fails out of warranty and recall periods

it's a nonexistent person, cause this is a larp

>no usb-c or thunderbolt
>proprietary dock
no, try again

>don't buy something because it could fail
How's life in a cave treating you?

literally every piece of hardware has the potential to be defective dude

Port selection for today, actually usable trackpad, usable display aspect ratio, and a non-autistic keyboard. Btfo any thinkpad.

Attached: akrales_161109_1261_A_0099.0.jpg (1400x933, 231K)

It has been documented to have happened on a massive scale with sp4

fuck the surface, I have the maxed out surface pro 3 and its dogshit. It ran windows like shit and it runs silverblue slightly less shit. The thing was like a fucking frying pan when running anything. Its a piece of shit 0/10

Attached: logo.jpg (900x700, 65K)

>It has been documented to have happened on a massive scale with sp4
Good thing I have an SP5 with a service contract, as you should with any business focused device.

Thinkpads are the Honda Civics of today: a great deal in the past, but due to the "secret" getting out, they are no longer the best value, and are themselves a meme. Better values exist. In cars, this happens to be the Honda Fit. In laptops, this happens to be the Elitebook workstations or Zbooks (so long as you aren't so autistic that you can't stomach HP's arrow keys).

> Company is a massive fuckup
> "Surely they won't fuck up this time, goyim"