Olive Video Editor

>Olive is a free non-linear video editor for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
github.com/olive-editor/olive

Attached: 73637265656e73686f742e6a7067.jpg (1920x1080, 287K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8NMB5mX4pNo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Linux is a kernel.

Olive is a kernel module.

shill

How does this compare to kdenlive

if this is anything like shotcut it can fuck off

I'm shilling this free and open source video editor because it has a similar workflow to abobo bremir. I found the UX way better so I bet it will surpass kdenlive in mind share and functionality. It's just a matter of time.
tl;dr kdenlive is gimp, olive is krita

it's ALPHA btw, don't expect much but help if you can

> tl;dr kdenlive is gimp, olive is krita
Thanks user, I'll try it. Perhaps it's better than Blender VSE.

Wrong. gimp is image editor. krita is paint program. Olive and kdenlive are both video editors.

you know exactly what I mean with that comparison

All I get from what you said is that you don't know how to use either gimp or krita.

gimp will never be a successful project because it had doomed ui and ux from the start and an unwillingness to listen to community feedback or implementing crucial features for professional
krita listens, has good ux, has a bright future

Seems like an unimportant nitpick.

What I understood from that statement is "kdenlive is not nice, olive is nice", as many people seem unhappy with gimp, and many seem very happy with krita.

"Bad ui" sounds like another way of saying "I don't know how to use this" while not wanting to admit you're too dumb to.

why does the ui look so shitty?. I'd rather use Photoshop.

That's called Baby Duck Syndrome. Don't let it beat you.

Looks just like Premiere, brainlet
We need a Photoshop clone. I'm too lazy to learn new things

Is it good or does it keep crashing like all free video editors?

youtube.com/watch?v=8NMB5mX4pNo

That's just windows crashing trying to edit videos.

I really don't get how people appreciate Blender VSE workflow

Attached: roadmap.png (554x1371, 194K)

I have both Vegas and Premier. Is there any reason to use this over those?

This is a fairly new project, still in alpha. I would say no unless you want to help the project grow and know how to help with issues or code.
See .

I've been trying over the past year to keep my father on Linux. Trying to find a decent video editor for Linux has been difficult. Ended up sticking with shotcut because it at least worked. The interfaces of kdenlive, and other various OSS NLE are pretty painful to use compared to commercial ones. Even shotcut itself has some bad flaws that confuse the heck out of my poor dad, like the fact that snapping two clips together leaves a miniscule gap you have to zoom in to fix. My dad doesn't want to do anything complicated, just to time lapses, maybe two videos side-by-side with a soundtrack. The editors so far have let me down

Did you test this one too?

Just let your old man use what's easiest and comfiest for him, Jesus. Stop making him suffer because of your own allegiance to an OS. You're no better then macfags who try to force people onto their platform.

Using Linux outside of the video editing has been great. No more updates, crashes, or product key issues. File management, mounted network shares, web browsing, CD ripping, photo viewing have all been without flaw. It's only since he wanted to start compiling footage of his garden that we've had trouble with the state of video editors on Linux. I find myself holding back from saying "If only we had Premiere Pro".

No, not yet. But if I do, I would try it out first and ensure it's decent enough to suit his needs. I've noticed though that shotcut, kdenlive, and this all seem to have pretty similar interfaces. The difference between them is just they have their own unique lack of what seem like obvious features to make a good video editor. Davinci Resolve's free version can't load up the footage because they just straight up don't support H264 and some other formats on it, and another commercial one we tried capped to 720p on free version (and pair was pretty costly for a hobby).

I'm gonna try this also. I'm winfag but I can't find anything simple since they removed windows movie maker because I really don't need anything else.

wild claim

i wish olive the best tho

Is this better than shotcut?

try and tell us user