Name one (1) good reason to use linux

name one (1) good reason to use linux

Attached: 7E534A6C-C45F-434C-A176-0BFF809CF1CE.jpg (1920x1080, 227K)

install gentoo

No. Just because I use it doesn't mean you should. Keep using Windows.

Linux is the kernel in Android.

Centralized packaging (can literally update whole system with a single command). That's literally it.
Windows is definitely the superior choice tho.

Also why do you need external bhop script? Don't your mouse/keyboard allow for macros?

I like it.

it's not his user probably, i saw this desktop posted once in a rice thread and since it's the only winodws desktop that looks half decent windows fags keep spamming it everywhere.

But not only having an external bhop script, just having one script or one folder for such a simple and frankly useless piece of software should give you what we're deaking with here when it comes to winodws

you won't have to worry about repelling women any more.

It's not Windows.
Easy, really

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1518237788217.jpg (4000x3000, 1.97M)

fuck off joe

not dos

freedom

I like thing. You should like thing, too. Let's bond together through our mutual like of thing. People who don't like thing are bad. Be good and like thing.

i know this is a copypaste but have sex

Better performance in every way. My computer idles at 350mb ram usage vs windows' 1.5gb. Even the little things are better. For instance, after using windows for a period of time, the file manager starts taking forever to load, like almost 2 seconds. I hit winkey+f in linux, file manager pops up almost instantly. Little snappy shit like that makes all the difference if youre using a computer every day. There are decent linux equivalents of some popular windows/mac-only programs and when there aren't, WINE is as good as ever right now

>Liru
>Liru Christmas

Attached: 1555811060160.png (225x227, 119K)

Tripdubdubs don't lie.

Because windows are worse.

dont, fuck off brainlet

just buy more ram lol what the hell

Stability, speed, no malware. If you picked the right distro and configured it the right way.

Freedom to change anything and everything to your liking from the kernel all the way to userland. Not just shitty window manager themes.

why not? i really don't see the point in the operating system pissing contest. they call it a _personal_ computer for a reason. i don't see why anybody would care what somebody else is doing with their own pc.